Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:16 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MENTAL DENTAL
Anyone??????
Maybe a lot of axial play on the motor it's rotor?
So the hall sensor can not be detected properly?....
Old 01-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

hey all HW/Speedpassion people :P

I have a question for you.

I just tested my HW extreme stock ESC and found out there was a delay when i was braking :S And i asked others and they had the same problem. So my question is how do i remove the delay? Or should it be like that??

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by M7H
Maybe a lot of axial play on the motor it's rotor?
So the hall sensor can not be detected properly?....
What's axial play? Is it where the rotor floats end to end?

Cheers
Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sizheng
Hi, the english version of instruction is available on hobbywing website now.

http://www.hobbywing.com/english/Art...?ArticleID=463
i wish it would be easier to understand it. lol

you pro drivers out there can u simplify the instructions with real world examples maybe.
thanx
Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chinaman
My motor went into sensorless mode about 3mins into a race and stayed that way. Did not have enough time to solve the problem at the track, but once I got home, changed the motor to another and it was fine, on the bench that is. I have not tried it out on the track yet. ...
It is definitely the motor. Tried the motor with my old LRP SXX and it was not working as well ... something wrong with the sensor and so it runs sensorless.

My nest question is should I go back to 518 or use 110119??? Has 110119 been fully tested? What were the bugs in 1224?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

It is definitely the motor. Tried the motor with my old LRP SXX and it was not working as well ... something wrong with the sensor and so it runs sensorless.

My nest question is should I go back to 518 or use 110119??? Has 110119 been fully tested? What were the bugs in 1224?
Curious what brand motor did you run?
Old 01-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default software version?

Do i run the latest release with a SP v3 17.5 motor? or the 108stock?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Curious what brand motor did you run?
I was running it with a GM6564, and I think the motor itself already have a bit of timing built into it, hence, I did not add that much boost or turbo on top. Motor temp reached 70degC.

Tried Xtreme with my other GM97303 and it was fine.

On another note after some consideration, will I try out the new 110119STOCK??? YES ... I think one of the reasons I like HW, is that they will listen to us, (except irgo and his rpm log) , users, and so will be willing to come up with solutions, and so I am willing to run new firmwares, knowing that if there are slight errors in the near future, HW will also come up with solutions for it until they get it right. Or as 'irgo' mentioned some post earlier, that they will offer to replace the hardware if the problem lies therein.

Keep it up HW
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

i have uploaded the new software to the computer but when i open the drop down box for esc software there is no 110119?
can someone help please
Jay
Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Jay,

You need to run the software as administator for the 119 software to show. This weekends CWIC will be interesting to watch with this software in the track should suit i hope lol
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Jay,

You need to run the software as administator for the 119 software to show. This weekends CWIC will be interesting to watch with this software in the track should suit i hope lol
Cheers, uploading new softeware as i type..lol
Got the new Hobbywing 17.5 motor to try aswell. lets hope the car keeps performing aswell as i was on the limit last time out at cwic. with the new motor and software i'm hoping to take the title this time out....
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by millbank
i have uploaded the new software to the computer but when i open the drop down box for esc software there is no 110119?
can someone help please
Jay
i presume you already have uploaded usb link V1.63_110119 and installed that on your pc?

then you need to connect your 2 in 1 program card to your pc and selecting the 'device' as '2 in 1 program box', upgrade to version v1.07_110119

then you connect your esc to your program box (whilst still connected to your pc) and selecting your 'device' as 'esc speed controller', upgrade the firmware on your esc to v3.0_110119STOCK

on another note: i notice that there is a version v2.0_101212STOCK in the dropdown list as well. unless I have missed something in the past few posts, does anyone know what is this??? and there is also no v3.0_101224STOCK, as expected if it is not to be used ...

Last edited by chinaman; 01-24-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

i presume you already have uploaded usb link V1.63_110119 and installed that on your pc?

then you need to connect your 2 in 1 program card to your pc and selecting the 'device' as '2 in 1 program box', upgrade to version v1.07_110119

then you connect your esc to your program box (whilst still connected to your pc/might work if you disconnect from your pc as well, as the new software is already in your program box) and selecting your 'device' as 'esc speed controller', upgrade the firmware on your esc to v3.0_110119STOCK

on another note: i notice that there is a version v2.0_101212STOCK in the dropdown list as well. unless I have missed something in the past few posts, does anyone know what is this??? and there is also no v3.0_101224STOCK, as expected if it is not to be used ...
All done thanks, all i had to do was run as administrator..
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

I was running it with a GM6564, and I think the motor itself already have a bit of timing built into it, hence, I did not add that much boost or turbo on top. Motor temp reached 70degC.

Tried Xtreme with my other GM97303 and it was fine.

On another note after some consideration, will I try out the new 110119STOCK??? YES ... I think one of the reasons I like HW, is that they will listen to us, (except irgo and his rpm log) , users, and so will be willing to come up with solutions, and so I am willing to run new firmwares, knowing that if there are slight errors in the near future, HW will also come up with solutions for it until they get it right. Or as 'irgo' mentioned some post earlier, that they will offer to replace the hardware if the problem lies therein.

Keep it up HW
I have read that with the zero timing esc the corally or the GM motors are the motors to get. The other brands seem to be missing some grunt in zero esc application and run hot when matching teh speed of the GM or corally. The GM and the corally sensored motors require less overall timing to go fast it seems. They have stronger magnets or something. My gues is that too much timing will not make them faster like the other motors but more gear together with a little dynamic timing will (maybe i am completly off here).

Talking about software. During the EPS there was a driver with a GM120 esc with some experimental software on it. It ran sensorless with a 17.5t motor and 2s lipo in our World GT class. It was the fastest car on the track. Pulled insane out of the corners and had the fastest topspeed. Faster then anything on the track.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
I have read that with the zero timing esc the corally or the GM motors are the motors to get. The other brands seem to be missing some grunt in zero esc application and run hot when matching teh speed of the GM or corally. The GM and the corally sensored motors require less overall timing to go fast it seems. They have stronger magnets or something. My gues is that too much timing will not make them faster like the other motors but more gear together with a little dynamic timing will (maybe i am completly off here).

Talking about software. During the EPS there was a driver with a GM120 esc with some experimental software on it. It ran sensorless with a 17.5t motor and 2s lipo in our World GT class. It was the fastest car on the track. Pulled insane out of the corners and had the fastest topspeed. Faster then anything on the track.
To be honest, with the new additional timing the Hobbywing motors are very very good indeed and the thermal cutoff is a boon to the user, with no preset timing you can play to your hearts content with the timing boost etc and with the thermal system we have yet to kill a HW motor and at the pricing we think they are unbeatable. BTW we will be putting the motors in to the BRCA at the earliest opportunity to get them sanctioned (Hopefully).

Cheers all
Cherry xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.