Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by miker2209
I am only kind of surprised that at the US debut, with all the top US drivers, the car was not able to TQ or Win the race.
Actually it did. It's US debut was Swauger at the Byrons challenge. TQ and win I believe.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Actually it did. It's US debut was Swauger at the Byrons challenge. TQ and win I believe.

Mike Swauger built and race the all new MRX-5 all within one week of receiving the car the results were staggering, not only did he win by twelve laps he also set new track and overall fast lap record.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks OCC, i follow your suggestion and went back and read the thread. It took some time to read it all......LOL
Wow there is a lot of hype, high hopes and expectations on this car. Makes me feel good about the car even if most of the people like me, have this hopes for the reputation of the MRX4 i guess, since the car is not in the hands of the end users.
I am only kind of surprised that at the US debut, with all the top US drivers, the car was not able to TQ or Win the race.

Also the durability is till something that worries me. That front end looks killer, but for sure not as robust as the previous car. I hope i'm wrong
Robert Pietsch won in European and Mike Swauger got it for the US Type in MUGEN MRX5 in youtube and you could see some of the race that Robert was in. really Cool race
Old 09-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Mike Swauger built and race the all new MRX-5 all within one week of receiving the car the results were staggering, not only did he win by twelve laps he also set new track and overall fast lap record.
uuuhh you forgot the parts where he pulled off the track with a minute to go and if you look at the lap times he "laid down" after the first pit stop.
Kids it is going to be an awesome month, dam I'm glad it's September!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
uuuhh you forgot the parts where he pulled off the track with a minute to go and if you look at the lap times he "laid down" after the first pit stop.
It is going to be a good month, I am going crazy I have not been able to run any On-Road for I sold my MRX4X just to get the MRX5 and I am going nuts here I had to run my truggy just to get the Nitro BUG off my back I love my MBX6T but On Road is where it's at for me man Here in the Bronx some guys are talking about where to run like whitestone that is not a track that a cinemax parking lot and it (sucks BIG time) cuzz all you'll do is eat your Chassis there.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Originally Posted by mugenize1
Robert Pietsch won in European and Mike Swauger got it for the US Type in MUGEN MRX5 in youtube and you could see some of the race that Robert was in. really Cool race
Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Don't get me wrong, the car looks great, the videos are awesome. I totally will like to have one. I am just concern if this car will be as good as the previous for an average joe, like me, in regards of able to crash and keep going!
Swauger can win with a shoe box with wheels, no doubt about it! By the way i checked, and at the Byrons Race, in 1/8 scale, he was the only top driver. So in my eyes, the first real test with the big dogs was at the GLC.
I agree on the Eurpoean side, but US tracks are completely different.

Also what choisan posted about narrow sweet spot kind of worries me.

I guess i will have to wait until the car is out to make my decision
Old 09-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Don't get me wrong, the car looks great, the videos are awesome. I totally will like to have one. I am just concern if this car will be as good as the previous for an average joe, like me, in regards of able to crash and keep going!
Swauger can win with a shoe box with wheels, no doubt about it! By the way i checked, and at the Byrons Race, in 1/8 scale, he was the only top driver. So in my eyes, the first real test with the big dogs was at the GLC.
I agree on the Eurpoean side, but US tracks are completely different.

Also what choisan posted about narrow sweet spot kind of worries me.

I guess i will have to wait until the car is out to make my decision
Well, I can tell you this. The car was designed by Pietsch AND Sonada. Pietsch also designed the Shepherd which is an AMAZING car. Sonada has never designed a weak car.

When you get right down to it, all this car is is a Shepherd with the Sonada/Mugen touch to it. I see no reason why it will not be a great car.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Suspended

When you get right down to it, all this car is is a Shepherd with the Sonada/Mugen touch to it. I see no reason why it will not be a great car.
Amen.

Its a great car to see and its great to see RickV going fast with it here in NL, it makes the competition so much more fun!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Lord

Our dutch national does have some big Belgium names also like d'Hondt, v. Gastel, v. Staey and Cuypers. Togeather with names like Ermen, Blok, Manten, Koenders and some more I know RickV had some difficulties getting the pole and win with the MRX4X, now with the MRX5 he did get that boost again to set pole and taking the win. With just one race to go he can make it to the Dutch champion.

RickV is admitting it that the boost is only the MRX5, nothing else has changed.....

For who is interested:
http://www.nomac.nl/sites/default/files/BC08_7.xls
(The NK page)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

The way I see it goimg down is this car will not be for the newbie drivers you will need to have some skill to drive this bad a..! car or you will be eating up front end parts lioke CRAZY!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roelof

RickV is admitting it that the boost is only the MRX5, nothing else has changed.....

For who is interested:
http://www.nomac.nl/sites/default/files/BC08_7.xls
(The NK page)
Thats not quite true Roelof...
Have a 2nd look next time
Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

wow...reading this thread makes me feel like a champion already.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I can't help myself; Driving anything that does not slither would make you feel like a champion...
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

can't wait to get that 5 in the portapotty smh
Old 09-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Getting closer 312 to go!
Just remember, it's $599.99 are you out of your mind! (1 left at this price, pre-sold a bunch)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.