Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joecool
i have been using the x5 box for a while now and have used about 2 wheels. i ordered this one from horizon and it fits perfect.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=TRI111062

team magic is owned by trinity so sometimes you have to look up trinity parts to get your team magic parts. unfortunately this wheel is out of stock until early july. you will have to wait a week i guess. or use the part number to find it somewhere else.

someone else stated raceday might have it their ebay site states they have 5in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Magic-Alpha...QQcmdZViewItem

hope that helps ya.

Thanks for the info. My starter wheel is OK for now. I need the "Advanced Gear Reduction System" small pulley and the belt from there to the starter wheel pulley. The smaller pulley has no teeth left and about a fourth of the belt is missing cogs. In the link below there is a picture of the gear reduction system on the left hand side of the page that shows what I'm looking for. If any one has ideas I'd like to hear them. At racedayhobbies they have the belts I need but I can't find the pulley. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they can do. Thanx again. Oh, and I did look all over Trinity's web site, but didn't find much. I keep looking though, in case I'm missing it.
http://teammagic.com.tw/INS/Team%20M...0-110004-2.jpg
Old 06-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok. I just found the parts I need and sent Trinity a question. Maybe I will get some info from them tomorrow.

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...1104&pageNum=1

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...1151&pageNum=1

The top link is the pulley that is stripped out. The bottom link doesn't have a picture, but in my manual that is the exact description of what I need. I'll find out tomorrow, hopefully.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If it rain's anymore in this god forsaken state(Texas) im selling my 8 and getting into boat's!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Carl,
You guys have been getting pounded! It was nice down in Dallas all weekend. I'm sure the JCG race went off well.
I'll surf it later today and let you know.
Meanwhile, you should go out in your front yard and SURF!
TEX
Old 06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New In Texas, RC Sub Racing!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

trebor - It's easier and cheaper to mold them.

friery - Nitro stuff is easy! I'm sure you'll like the car. If you need something, bug Fish-Daddy or Casey, haha.

Or me, I guess.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Greetings all, I have a question for all of you regarding the drivetrain on your 8ights. I have a 1st gen kit that has just gone past 2 gallons and have not had any of the mysterious problems that have been covered on various threads (servos, diff cups, bearing inserts are fine etc). I have changed to the TKO orings in the shocks as the stockers leaked, no biggie (I sure wish the white ones would come back in stock though...).

The drivetrain question: I have noticed that the front, center CVD wears fast, I have already replaced the cross pin once but we all expected that cvd to wear. It's the front wheel CVD's that I am concerned about. After just two gallons, they are getting worn in a strange way. The outer joint pin is wearing away the "knuckle" in the end of the dog bone. The rest of the assembly is fresh. Does switching the CVD's to the opposite side work? It's a tough pill to swallow if these need to be thrown away every two-three gallons.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
Greetings all, I have a question for all of you regarding the drivetrain on your 8ights. I have a 1st gen kit that has just gone past 2 gallons and have not had any of the mysterious problems that have been covered on various threads (servos, diff cups, bearing inserts are fine etc). I have changed to the TKO orings in the shocks as the stockers leaked, no biggie (I sure wish the white ones would come back in stock though...).

The drivetrain question: I have noticed that the front, center CVD wears fast, I have already replaced the cross pin once but we all expected that cvd to wear. It's the front wheel CVD's that I am concerned about. After just two gallons, they are getting worn in a strange way. The outer joint pin is wearing away the "knuckle" in the end of the dog bone. The rest of the assembly is fresh. Does switching the CVD's to the opposite side work? It's a tough pill to swallow if these need to be thrown away every two-three gallons.

I assume you are referring to the outdrive cups and the cross pin in there? If so, mine have done the same thing, but I have about 5 gallons on the car so far - in fact, I just ordered new ones to tighten things up a bit. I am still on the front CVD as well, but it is wearing down pretty good. I am chalking all of this up to normal wear and tear - in fact, I broke my first "big" thing Sunday at the races..I hit a rebar post and broke a front a arm, but that is the extent of my issues in 5 gallons of track time (aside from rod ends)
Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

I'm passed the 15 gallon mark now & I just replaced the center front drive shaft. It did NOT fail but the pin in the cvd was very warn. This is not the reason I replaced it. I replaced it because the pin in the other end was almost gone (the pin in the dog bone end that rides in the center diff drive cup). Just a FYI. This front angle is no where near the big issue that some people are making it out to be.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

The outdrive cups and pins look great. it's the wheel end of the CVD.

There is no way in the world I will see 15 gallons out of my front center. lol I will have gone through 4 of them by that time. How did you get 15 gallons throught the car since it's been out? I have only burned that much fuel over the past three seasons! lol
Old 06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,
Does anybody nows when thr 8ight will be back in stock????
They are back ordered everywhere....
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Davidka - the hub end of my cvds wear pretty quickly too. Every other raceday I'll just swap the cvds around.

Also I think the type of dirt you typically race on affects how fast your cvds wear. Hooked up dirt like LH will probably wear out cvds faster because there is no give when you land or accelerate. But looser dirt will give and be less stressfull on the drive train. I'll see I just started racing outside.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm clearing out everything I have. Most of it is NEW or barely used. Look at the photos.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjustinjwhoQQhtZ-1
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by slow
Davidka - the hub end of my cvds wear pretty quickly too. Every other raceday I'll just swap the cvds around.

Also I think the type of dirt you typically race on affects how fast your cvds wear. Hooked up dirt like LH will probably wear out cvds faster because there is no give when you land or accelerate. But looser dirt will give and be less stressfull on the drive train. I'll see I just started racing outside.

It is especially weird to me because the front CVD's have far less load placed on them then the rears. There's the swing of the steering but angles are angles, right? Seems strange to me...

Hey AW, when are replacement parts coming back in stock. Get us an answer.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
The outdrive cups and pins look great. it's the wheel end of the CVD.

There is no way in the world I will see 15 gallons out of my front center. lol I will have gone through 4 of them by that time. How did you get 15 gallons throught the car since it's been out? I have only burned that much fuel over the past three seasons! lol
I burn just over 2 gallons a month or 1/2 a gallon per weekend & I run every week. I do not use grease or lube on the cvd's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.