Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 AM
mof
Tech Adept

Are there plans for Finnisher style bodies for any of the following cars...?

- Team C TC02 / T2 (= Ansmann X2 / X2TE) ?
- The same above but with +6mm Evo chassis ?
- Team C TC02C / T2C (= Ansmann X2C) ?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:34 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F_ME
I picked up some JConcepts Hazard wheels for the SC10 4x4 the other day.
When I got home and took them out of the bag I noticed that both sets (4 wheels) had hairline cracks surrounding the 12mm hex potion of the inside hub. I took them back to Hobby People to exchange for another 2 sets but they had hairline cracks in those two sets as well. These are not mold lines. The cracks are at different places surrounding the inside hub.

Has anyone else noticed this in their wheels and or had a problem cracking hubs when running? I don't feel like mounting these and wasting a set of brand new tires.
I've seen this on every Hazard wheel I've mounted for me as well as some of our team drivers. It seems to be a strange anomaly with this particular wheel, but it's not a crack and hasn't had any affect in regards to durability.

Oh really, green ST bar codes... Sweet!
I didn't say that...Stay tuned

Hi guys,
Ex-On road guy just made the switch and to be honest I'm on thread study overload after the weekend. I'm gonna cheat on this one and ask before searching (this is my apology in advance)

I run a FT SC10 4X2 and am interested in the hex conversion on the rear but like the current bearing set-up in the front so what I'd like to avoid is a backspacing mismatch with new wheels. I don't care about the look of a wheel so which flavor/ model doesnt matter, can someone give me the part numbers for the rear and front wheels that will help me maintain current backspacing given my set-up? Any input you guys can lend is most appreciated!!!!!

Kevin
Front bearing wheel - 3317
Rear hex wheel - 3332

Just thought I would ask and not sure if it has been asked but is there any plans to make foams and tires for the losi mini 8ight? I would love some gold barcodes for my local indoor track
No...sorry

Originally Posted by thecman26
I just did the hex swap on my X-Factory sct and WISH that J-Concepts made a front aluminum hex! The plastic ones drive me nuts! ALWAYS getting stuck in the rim when you go to swap out tires...

Like this?

http://blog.jconcepts.net/2011/11/ne...or-sc10-front/

Are there plans for Finnisher style bodies for any of the following cars...?

- Team C TC02 / T2 (= Ansmann X2 / X2TE) ?
- The same above but with +6mm Evo chassis ?
- Team C TC02C / T2C (= Ansmann X2C) ?
No...sorry
Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not sure if its been asked already, but any plans for a Durango dex410 (4wd buggy) body
Old 01-17-2012, 05:58 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
Not sure if its been asked already, but any plans for a Durango dex410 (4wd buggy) body
yes
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams

JP - Will you be down for the JC race in Feb?
I don't think I will be making it. Some guy named Jason wants to race his cars...What's up with that? lol
Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

right on...hope to see ya soon man and take care!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
I didn't say that...Stay tuned
Roger that!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I bought some front alum. hexes for my SC10 and I'm having an issue with the bolt holes being that they recessed the holes to deep and their are no threads for the bolts to start. If i start them from the other side they will tighten down no problem. Any one else with this problem? Should i try and get a longer bolt or try and send them back.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S Bowen
I bought some front alum. hexes for my SC10 and I'm having an issue with the bolt holes being that they recessed the holes to deep and their are no threads for the bolts to start. If i start them from the other side they will tighten down no problem. Any one else with this problem? Should i try and get a longer bolt or try and send them back.
Contact JConcepts directly and they will get you a replacement. Every once and a while the threads don't go all the way. If you want a quick fix you could get a slightly longer screw. Either way JConcepts will make it right.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:54 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S Bowen
Like John said, contact us directly and we will get it taken care of ASAP.

[email protected]
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hazard Wheels

I posted a few pages back that I had purchased some JC hazard wheels that appear to have hair line cracks in the back of the hubs. The cracks appear to be at the outside of the hex area moving out to the hub. It is in different locations on different wheels I have checked. So far I have seen this in 6 sets of wheels at two different locations. I contacted JC customer svc and the woman I spoke to said she has not heard or seen this as of yet. She even grabbed a wheel in stock to check.

After cracking plenty of DE Racing wheels I am leary of running these. JC will send me a replacement if they break but I am more concerned about the cost of the tires. I have quite a few sets of broken DE wheels with new tires only run one or two heats.

I bought another pair at another location. One set had the cracks and the other pack did not. Very strange. I ran them in a night of racing on my SC10 4x and so far they are holding up. Still not crazy about the cracks though. I guess i will find out if the hairline cracks will open up.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:26 AM
PW
Tech Elite

I posted a few pages back that I had purchased some JC hazard wheels that appear to have hair line cracks in the back of the hubs. The cracks appear to be at the outside of the hex area moving out to the hub. It is in different locations on different wheels I have checked. So far I have seen this in 6 sets of wheels at two different locations. I contacted JC customer svc and the woman I spoke to said she has not heard or seen this as of yet. She even grabbed a wheel in stock to check.

After cracking plenty of DE Racing wheels I am leary of running these. JC will send me a replacement if they break but I am more concerned about the cost of the tires. I have quite a few sets of broken DE wheels with new tires only run one or two heats.

I bought another pair at another location. One set had the cracks and the other pack did not. Very strange. I ran them in a night of racing on my SC10 4x and so far they are holding up. Still not crazy about the cracks though. I guess i will find out if the hairline cracks will open up.
Hello F-Me...I work/race for JConcepts and actually answered you directly regarding your post. Please scroll down a few post. I will also PM you directly my response to your original post.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I just bought a set of the JC Short Course Firm inserts 3217-1 and am not sure what side the cutout of the insert goes?

I am thinking it goes on the inside tall rim side
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
RCW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have run the Hazard wheels since they first came out. I have about 15 sets, and all of them have the lines you are speaking of. I run them on both 4 wheel and 2 wheel drive sct's and have never had one fail. And believe me I have given them some shots!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
I just bought a set of the JC Short Course Firm inserts 3217-1 and am not sure what side the cutout of the insert goes?

I am thinking it goes on the inside tall rim side
The beveled edge/cut side goes toward the inside of the tire or 3.0" side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.