Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I stand corrected!!! I'll update my personal spring rate chart!!!

but-I gotta say-by my spring dynomometer (my thumb and finger), the Congo Blues feel lighter than the Losi Blacks to me. And the Congo Blues feel ever so close to the Losi Purples-so close I cant really tell them apart with my eyes closed.

Last edited by rayhuang; 03-04-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Harshguy, we have been ordering chassis for awhile now and they have always been the G+ kit chassis's. Unfortunately they are out of stock from the distributor right now. The part numbers are the same so who knows what is happening.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OK I got one for everyone........

I was setting up my G+ for the race this weekend and just out of habit I checked rear toe on my integy set-up station and the RR is a perfect 1deg. However the LR is 2 1/4 degs.!!!!!! I changed out new hub carriers and still the same result. I also check to make sure I didn't bend the hingepin while building and it's perfect. Then i checked to makle sure everything was tight..... agian no dice!

The only thing I can't verify is the front mount...... Has anyone else had this experience, my car is brand new I bought it a month ago, built it, and has never been driven.....

I know I can just use the 1 deg hub in reverse on the left side, but that really isn't fixing the situation....
Old 03-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Before you put the rear of the car back together loosen your rear roll center blocks. Then put the rear pivot block on and tighten down. Then you can tighten down blocks. If it is still off then maybe the blocks have been stretched to some extent.

Give that a try and let us know how it works out.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Impactplayr,

Loosen the rear roll center blocks and the rear pivot block. Then adjust and tighten.

Mark

I must be a slow typer
Old 03-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

blue shocks?

Do you guys know of any blue. threaded shocks that will fit the xxx-s? I`ve tried my TC3 shocks, but they were too long in the front. Do you know if the Yokomo shocks are shorter?
Thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
OK I got one for everyone........

I was setting up my G+ for the race this weekend and just out of habit I checked rear toe on my integy set-up station and the RR is a perfect 1deg. However the LR is 2 1/4 degs.!!!!!!

The only time you run into this problem is when running the 0 degree offsets. For some reason the drilling gives you a 2deg left and a 1 deg right. Since I want to run 2 degree rear toe I put a 1 dgree offset on the right and leave the 0 on the left. This fixed the problem. I don't seem to have the mismatch when running the 1/2's. Since I spent hours moving the blocks around with no fix, I think this is all you can do.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

miniman,

Why would you want to put Associated/Yokomo shocks on your XXX-S. Losi shocks are some of the smoothest and easiest to build. Where as Associated shocks are some of the hardest to build correctly.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by CRASH

Why would you want to put Associated/Yokomo shocks on your XXX-S. Losi shocks are some of the smoothest and easiest to build. Where as Associated shocks are some of the hardest to build correctly.
Associated shocks.....caps & little rubber things...messy
Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
I stand corrected!!! I'll update my personal spring rate chart!!!

but-I gotta say-by my spring dynomometer (my thumb and finger), the Congo Blues feel lighter than the Losi Blacks to me. And the Congo Blues feel ever so close to the Losi Purples-so close I cant really tell them apart with my eyes closed.
From what I've been told about the congo springs, is that blue is close to 30lbs, purple is close to 35lbs, and yellow is close to 40lbs. None of them are exactly those weights. Also, over the years the spring rates have changed. (maybe one of the very first purples was 36lbs, newest is 34lbs)

Personally, I'd just use the Losi springs, yellow is 40, orange 35, white 30.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

well, I just like the blue colour And, I recently bought a 70$(in norway) Xray spring set that won`t fit the losi shocks.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah color is cool and all, but wouldn't you rather have performance and ease of maintinance? BTW the associated shocks aren't much narrower than the losi ones, but hte spring retainers are different, you could see if associated retainers fit on your losi shocks.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

thank you Axiom,5B
I hadn`t thought of that. They just went over the shock body without rubbing enough to bind.. Do you know if the threaded Losi shocks are wider than the non-threaded?

But, if anyone knew, I would still like to know about those yokomo shocks(I`ve been using TC3 shocks on all my touring cars, and have gotten used to building/rebuilding them).
Old 03-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Christopher- thanks, I wonder what causes this? I even double checked the RC blocks by switching them left to right and still get 2 deg on the right........

but why would the 1/2 deg blocks work fine....am I to assume that I can't use the 1 deg. blocks by them selves?????
Old 03-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The yokomo shocks are very similar to tc3 shocks. And the losi threaded and non threaded i think are the same diameter. I have owned a tc3, schumacher mission, and a losi and the losi shocks are by far the easiest to build, with the schumacher's in second. You could also try and get xray retainers and try to fit those. Now let me ask you a question, why did you get Xray springs for a losi car? All losi's springs are very good and they have a lot of rates to choose from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.