Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

\
Old 12-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

We were able to ship all the kits yesterday and today. Not much sleep last night as we wanted to get stuff on the way before the weekend. Technically, Mike's was the last order to leave the warehouse, but since shipping times are measured in minutes from my home, it reaches its destination a bit quicker than the other shops. We appreciate everyone's patience as we waited for the flight this week and apologize we were not able to beat the holiday as originally hoped

We received most parts, lots of wheels, and more kits and parts will arrive next week. Given the delay with the last flight, i hesitate to give an arrival date, but it has left XRAY. If you/your shop missed out on the first batch, the wait will be short.

Happy building to all, and to all a good night

- Bryan
Old 12-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC America
We were able to ship all the kits yesterday and today. Not much sleep last night as we wanted to get stuff on the way before the weekend. Technically, Mike's was the last order to leave the warehouse, but since shipping times are measured in minutes from my home, it reaches its destination a bit quicker than the other shops. We appreciate everyone's patience as we waited for the flight this week and apologize we were not able to beat the holiday as originally hoped

We received most parts, lots of wheels, and more kits and parts will arrive next week. Given the delay with the last flight, i hesitate to give an arrival date, but it has left XRAY. If you/your shop missed out on the first batch, the wait will be short.

Happy building to all, and to all a good night

- Bryan
Thank you B.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

what size pinion gear should I use for dirt track?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

On the shocks now.

They're butter smooth, however I don't like the shim/o-ring assembly in the bottom. There's a lot of dead space between the whole stack, however so far I don't see any issues with it. Just looks like it should have another top shim.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

My luxury buggy XRAY XB4 in assembly state ...
Photo album => http://9rc.com/gallery3/index.php/XRAY-XB4

Front : Gear diff + oil #10000
Rear: Gear diff + oil #5000

i'm so like with this drive shaft, it don't need hex screw for lock pin. the pin can move freely.

Front suspension & Transmission

Smart design chassis, alu + composite, better strong & flexible.

My luxury buggy XRAY XB4 in assembly state ...
Photo album => http://9rc.com/gallery3/index.php/XRAY-XB4
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Autocratic
On the shocks now.

They're butter smooth, however I don't like the shim/o-ring assembly in the bottom. There's a lot of dead space between the whole stack, however so far I don't see any issues with it. Just looks like it should have another top shim.
I'm done with the car. Just need to finish electronics install and paint the body.

Overall, very very well put together car. The plastic is amazing. Never had a harder time getting threads started in some places. I like that actually. Fit and finish on all the parts is very nice as well.

Also, anyone planning on running Team Durango wheels, you need to ream out the backside of the axle hole a little to help the larger shaft fit.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Wow this is a great looking 4wd, wish there was better parts support here at my local hobby shop.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Had my second day at the track today.

The car is fantastic to drive! And I am not holding back anything whene driving it, which causes some serious crashes once in a while...

I broke the rear shock tower, and made a crack in the front gearbox where the front shock tower is attached on the right side.
The way I crashed it several times today it should have been a lot more broken parts, but this car is a tank!

Worth noting is that I had not sanded and glued the shock tower that I broke. I put on a new one which are sanded and glued, so it should be even stronger. 4mm shock towers would maybe be a nice option, but sometimes something gotta give...
Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Looking good S9T. Now let's see how you painted the body.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

News from Nashville TN, smiling faces are getting closer to Kentucky. I'm heading home to wait by the mail box!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

For the guys who bought an XB4: why did you choose it over the K1?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Pulse_, Schumacher isn't that common to buy or drive in the USA.

I choose a XB4 over a B44(.2). Simple reason: i just wanted to try another car. I like the ideas Xray took from their 1/8 scale platform.

Also I can get XRay parts pretty easy and fast.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

New slipper adjustmens 5.7-6.3mm

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...9&catName=XRAY XB4 Instruction Manual v1.1
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Funny how that link says 5.7mm to 6.3mm, but you click on the picture it says 5.5mm to 6.2mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.