Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
lol u kidding, thats the worst advice, everyone has a different driving style!! i did use robert pietch setup and car was terrible then i took that x-ray book went to track, felt what the car was doing and looked throu the book and tryed different things till i got it perfect, there are 5 or more top drives for mugen i seen them in the pre worlds all had basic setups but other things were different, plus they came from different countrys which has much differnt track layouts and differnt pavments r used, download the book and take to the track with u, and understand the book by trying the differnt things...
That's kinda where im at. I can copy every setup know to man, but it doesnt teach me what to expect the car to do with those settings. Basically something like: If the car pushes coming off the corner, what adjustment do I look at, and what does that adjustment do to the car. Does it lift the inside rear tire up? Does it make the top of the car lean over.
I guess really what I want to understand is the different hinge pin mounting points, and when, why, and how do I adjust them.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
lol u kidding, thats the worst advice, everyone has a different driving style!! i did use robert pietch setup and car was terrible then i took that x-ray book went to track, felt what the car was doing and looked throu the book and tryed different things till i got it perfect, there are 5 or more top drives for mugen i seen them in the pre worlds all had basic setups but other things were different, plus they came from different countrys which has much differnt track layouts and differnt pavments r used, download the book and take to the track with u, and understand the book by trying the differnt things...
+1 You can't run someone elses setup, it's taylored to their driving style/skills, you have to learn how to setup the car and develop your own setup. Only then will you be able to adapt to different tracks and conditions. The Hudy book and others like it are a great way to learn what each adjustment does in theory, but track time and making the adjustments one at a time to see the change in handling is the way to develop chassis setup skills.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Lord

That is the problem with certain brand(s), if the desiner is also testing the car he will create it to himself. OK Pietch did design and test his own creation but or his setup is close to an avarage or he did create enough play into the car to satisfy everyone.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Could someone help me out with mugen shock oils. I'm not sure the difference compared to AE and losi? Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

http://www.twf8.ws/php/tip/shock.html
Old 06-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
+1 You can't run someone elses setup, it's taylored to their driving style/skills, you have to learn how to setup the car and develop your own setup. Only then will you be able to adapt to different tracks and conditions. The Hudy book and others like it are a great way to learn what each adjustment does in theory, but track time and making the adjustments one at a time to see the change in handling is the way to develop chassis setup skills.
That Hudy book is MONEY!

I just got through briefly checking it out, and that is exactly what i'm looking for!
I might have to make a Kinko's run, and print a nice copy for the track binder.

Thanks guys for suggesting that.

-Steve
Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Screw the book, just drive it like you Stole it
Old 06-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gotmotor
Screw the book, just drive it like you Stole it
I knowwwwwww!

I did that this weekend. I took out a few peeps, and practically broke the car in half.

Good times!

(my apologies to my Speedworld bro's)
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

A little Toledo action.
Me black car MRX-5 Picco Murnan, round 2, 1/8th open
http://youtu.be/3VH1LAVrWNE
Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
I guess really what I want to understand is the different hinge pin mounting points, and when, why, and how do I adjust them.
You're entering into a whole different world of black magics and ancient chinese speed secrets

To really describe it properly, I would have to write a pretty long essay and I'm sorry but I just don't feel like taking the time to do that right now. Especially since once I do, half the people on here will argue with me about it. So my advice is to make a big change and go drive it. First hand experience will teach you far quicker.

Probably the biggest and most noticeable change is the rear lower arm position. With that one change you can completely alter the car's basic characteristics. Give it a try.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by wingracer
You're entering into a whole different world of black magics and ancient chinese speed secrets
There is a neat little piece of software called SUSPROG. It is not free but looking arround on the net you can find working versions. With that you can draw out the suspension and see what it does.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
There is a neat little piece of software called SUSPROG. It is not free but looking arround on the net you can find working versions. With that you can draw out the suspension and see what it does.
I've done that by hand before. Lots of fun taking accurate measurements of everything. I still have the detailed diagrams I did of the MRX-3 around here somewhere.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

I think MRX5 is already agressive and responsive car at middle of slow cornering turns. I think the lowest and middle position are already enough for MRX5. The highest position probably will make it harder to drive.

Compare to older car like my MRX4-R, this is what i notice when i changed the lower hinge pin position from lowest to highest position. Again, this is what I notice with my MRX4-R car.

Lowest position = 4.5 rear block = low roll center = more body roll, car is less responsive, understeering at mid cornering off throthle, understeering at mid cornering half throttle too.

Highest position = 6.5 rear block = high roll center = less body roll, car is more responsive, the car's rear end rotate much quicker in mid cornering off throthle.

Finally I end up with 6.5 rear block, and I'm satisfied with it because I have higher cornering speed now. In the begining, I sense a kind of nervous car feeling because the car suddenly can rotate very quick in middle of cornering while off throthling. The car is also very responsive to steering inputs. My solution, I reduce the dual rate to 80 ( from 100 ). My car is responsive but not nervous to drive now.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ARROWMAX Released Option Parts for MRX5
Attached Thumbnails MUGEN SEIKI MRX5-am-mrx5-h0251b.jpg  
Old 06-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Anyone have any feedback on the Tough Racing Belts for the MRX5? I used them in 1/10th and loved them. Just wanted to know if they held up well in 8th scale also?

I read that the original mugen side belt was too long, is it the same case with the tough racing side belt?

Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.