Search
Like Tree2Likes

Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tellan
Already sold 1 and if could find a buyer would sell the other one.
fifty of your english pounds for the 2nd one
Old 02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default no thanks

£50 im not that desperate, It has a £35 RC Dynamic booster fitted.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Im just as fast as any other car running advanced and as fast as tekin too and speedo is butter smooth.
I find the same thing... But the big weakness in most peoples eyes is it dosen't seem to have straight line grunt (no 2nd gear). I had some people complain to me about this a bit and I kept telling them otherwise... So they tested it them selves. Over short and long distance from a standing start the BD was 2 tenths quicker than the next quickest. The fact that it dosen't have the "2nd gear" effect is what confuses people.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You have to gear the Black Diamond right, otherwise the timing will not engage...
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I have heard that a new firmware and link cable/software will be out soon. I know you can use a computer ti setup you BD but don't know about firmware uogrades. The word is next month but I would just wait till it shows up before getting excited.
keep an eye on redrc for news of update about the BD esc
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Just spoke with the uk supplier and they have a bd with the v3 software installed for testing, also markus mobers is using v3 at the 12th euros and currently sitting 2nd! so hopefully available shortly. Wahoo!
Apparently you need to send your speedo to your supplier and they will upgrade the firmware! So hopefully the link cable won't be far away now for setting up the speedo, the software sounds to have similar parameter setting to the latest tekin software to be honest

Last edited by jas1; 03-05-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jas1
Just spoke with the uk supplier and they have a bd with the v3 software installed for testing, also markus mobers is using v3 at the 12th euros and currently sitting 2nd! so hopefully available shortly. Wahoo!
Apparently you need to send your speedo to your supplier and they will upgrade the firmware! So hopefully the link cable won't be far away now for setting up the speedo, the software sounds to have similar parameter setting to the latest tekin software to be honest
What else will the new V3 firmware?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Lets hope its not to similar to the Tekin... I want to go faster, not slower.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Had a very quick try of the V3 in a 13.5 touring car today and i liked it, still smooth with better top end power/speed.

Looking forward to trying it out more fully once it's released
Old 03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weekendracer_uk
Had a very quick try of the V3 in a 13.5 touring car today and i liked it, still smooth with better top end power/speed.

Looking forward to trying it out more fully once it's released
I SAY POGWASH!!!! just kidding lol

on the top end how did it come on? linear or like a turbo? also what size of track were you on?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

I was told there were going to be 5 parameters to set, there's lowest rpm for timing to start, highest rpm for timing to finish, amount of timing to be added, then also turbo timing and brakes I believe
Old 03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

I was told there were going to be 5 parameters to set, there's lowest rpm for timing to start, highest rpm for timing to finish, amount of timing to be added, then also turbo timing and brakes I believe
Hopefully the "turbo" timming system works much like it appears to now but with adjustment thrown in. It will be interesting to see how motor temps are effected with the new software.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joeymdz
I SAY POGWASH!!!! just kidding lol

on the top end how did it come on? linear or like a turbo? also what size of track were you on?
Top end was nice and linear , not on a track but a public road doing straight line runs with someone else's car. Will have to wait until the V3 is ready for the public before i get it installed on my car ready for testing and racing.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

There are a lot less parameters than the Tekin, you then programme the 4 profiles into the ESC, the 1st will always remain the 'flashing' stock setting, then the other 4 profiles will be whatever you set on the laptop.

This means you could setup the various profiles with slightly different parameters at home and only change profiles during the day in the usual manner.

Skiddins
Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Similar to how the KO speedy worked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.