Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cj50
New class at Bumps see how far and how much damage you can do by throwing and then kicking your car and it was not even the cars fault! and the poor car can't hit back LOL
Damn Buildershow. Always makes me miss all the fun!!!!!!!!!! But then again is always good for parts sales at the shop when this happens.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:26 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I am going to add myself and my buddy John to the Mod SCT list. Lets get this class going. Come on WYD and Bryan add your names to the list.

1.Bob Moore
2.Pat D'Antonio
3.Chicken Little
4.John P
5.WYD

Don't matter what I run as Tech is first and racing is going to be secondary anyways. I will give it a ride with my trusty 17.5 in for mod and see how it goes. Not a clue what tires will work since I been running spec ones.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I am going to add myself and my buddy John to the Mod SCT list. Lets get this class going. Come on WYD and Bryan add your names to the list.

1.Bob Moore
2.Pat D'Antonio
3.Chicken Little
4.John P
5.WYD

Don't matter what I run as Tech is first and racing is going to be secondary anyways. I will give it a ride with my trusty 17.5 in for mod and see how it goes. Not a clue what tires will work since I been running spec ones.
So since we want to run a 17.5t BL setup we have to run in the Mod class?? I dont understand this at all. I am not one to mod, work on, repair, replace, or adjust my Short Course. I throw a battery in it and Drive it. A brushed setup is not as reliable, maintainable, and smooth as a BL. That is why it was changed. I dont see the issue or the complaint on others wanting to use a Slower Motor. But who knows......
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Come on guys lets get Chris a decent Mod SC class for the elite. Should be fun.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Christian,

Don't take this post as me pointing the finger at you since I'm posting after yours.

If the SC class is going to turn into a pissing and moaning class then I'll just withdraw myself from it and run Jason Haas' spare Losi XXXT-CR. If things go the way they are headed, we are going to have 4 classes of SC trucks for the Elite race...Spec, Pro Spec, Mod SC, and 4x4 SC.

I will just run 1 class of SC this race but I'll wait until Chris posts up and lets us know what classes will be run. He has the final say so as at the end of the day, all this BS is his headache.

Bryan
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry haven't read this for a couple days
I think you guys figured it out for me.
I can't change the rules in the middle of the season.
Too many people have expressed concerns just as josh brought up the blitz becomes a much better truck without going into reverse in enterring the corner.
So the take I get from all of you is you all want to race together - which is exactly what I want - we have one too many corr classes right now.
I only have one question - is this open mod you guys want to run - or should it be mod spec - meaning stock tires and springs still?
You guys tell me what you would like and that's what we will do.
Thanks
Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Chris you have a PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Or you could allow the brushless in the Pro Spec and still enforce the servo tires and everything else since most drivers in the pro spec class have a brushless system and a 17.5 just an idea I have stock electronics ready to go. I am also going to take my name of the mod list since it does not look like it will be that big of a class.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also changed the signups page - second class $20 and heats start at 11am on Sat.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

I will be running the Pro Spec SC class at the Elite. I want to run with the best Bumps has to offer meaning Pat, Wyd, Bryan and the rest of the Bumps SC crew. I am sure it is going to be a tough race. See you all next weekend.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Bryan the extra esc and motor you have do you think I might be able to borrow them. I just want to race and have fun.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Sure Bob. Not a problem. Same deal...All I ask is they be returned in working order. I'll bring them with me on the 20th.

I hope no one has been offended by my comments or my opinions. I just have to agree with Chris that Spec works best for bumps and while other tracks may have rules that work better for them, rules are rules no matter where you go. Always hang on to your stock gear as you may never know when you will need it(Not pointing fingers at you Bob as I know you bought this BLITZ used).

Chris,

I heard that some items were sent out today.

Bryan
Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Suspended

People need to understand it is a hobby. You will do what you have to do to make better. Not everyone keeps there Original Shitty Stock electronics. We tend to throw them out on every Car, buggy, or truck. Now It is a big deal that others want to use a SLOWER, MORE EFFICIENT set of electronics and cannot because others are not fortunate?? I just dont get this fight, and why each track has rules. I thought this was a hobby and we follow a set of Guidelines. Hey you guys had no issue at rama... So why now?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Chris,

The point is that the rules have been in place since October. Still, I don't mind for 17.5 to run but it's McKinney's track and his rules. If I came to your track, I wouldn't buy a 17.5, I would still use the stock electrics. And to be honest, if we do have to run Mod at this race, I'll still use the stock electrics and I'm sure I'll fair very well. I never throw my items away. You never know when you may need them. They aren't costing you anything sitting in your pit box. I think I have another esc you can use but I know I do not have another motor. I have half the equation for you...Can you get a motor? How bad do you want to race!?!?!

Bryan
Old 03-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bryan@SMC
Chris,

The point is that the rules have been in place since October. Still, I don't mind for 17.5 to run but it's McKinney's track and his rules. If I came to your track, I wouldn't buy a 17.5, I would still use the stock electrics. And to be honest, if we do have to run Mod at this race, I'll still use the stock electrics and I'm sure I'll fair very well. I never throw my items away. You never know when you may need them. They aren't costing you anything sitting in your pit box. I think I have another esc you can use but I know I do not have another motor. I have half the equation for you...Can you get a motor? How bad do you want to race!?!?!

Bryan
We all understand Bryan. But you need to realize. What do you do to your truck or buggy to make it better? YOU UPGRADE. Now if Short Course Racing is your only class, then yeah my SC truck would be like my 2wd. But I just have my Short Course to Have fun and to run another class. Also look at it this way. How come there is no Sportsman Class or a Stock 2wd class?? Why should the stock guys, and sportsmans have to suffer? Why do they have to run in the Mod Class? It is just an example for you to look at.

I am not here to fight. I am just trying to express that me Running a 17,5 BL setup is not going to make me win, make me a better racer, or make me have an advantage. It is saving me time, and money in the long run.

I will dig for my Original Electronics. I do remember the last SC race, DIdnt know what place I was in and let a few people pass me. Hahahah Gotta love it. I think Bumps has the 2nd biggest crew for SC, and Cant wait to have some fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.