Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Default ease of building

well finally got to have a dry day to really use this new fantastic tc5 and i was so impressed with lap times and consistency of the car,there are a few probs when building but that happens with every car from that mass production ,something had to fault and some things do but in all awesome kit too build......Associated have carried on the name and persisted in going too a all new chassis and its a success...
cheers russell
Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You all miss the point. The kit is only average quality compared to some of the other kits available on the market. Yet when I say this I get howled at because I have insulted an American product. Associated had more than enough time to get the kit right yet there are some glaring problems (fitting of servos, diff outdrive quality and durability, etc)

Dont worry , I will leave the precious TC5 alone.

And Syndrome - cant see where I attacked America .. just stated that you seem to be a bit too parochial about products sold out of the US
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Wow ... got my TC5 kit and what can I say. It is such a high quality kit that I relegated it to the garbage bin.
Really....go dig it out of the garbage and I'll give you $100.00 for it. Mine's not too far from complete and has gone together great so far. How can you evaluate a product without even giving a chance to use it??

Send me the kit...and I'll send you a "check mate".
Old 06-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

You all miss the point. The kit is only average quality compared to some of the other kits available on the market. Yet when I say this I get howled at because I have insulted an American product. Associated had more than enough time to get the kit right yet there are some glaring problems (fitting of servos, diff outdrive quality and durability, etc)

Dont worry , I will leave the precious TC5 alone.

And Syndrome - cant see where I attacked America .. just stated that you seem to be a bit too parochial about products sold out of the US
First off, you made it sound like all Ameicans are alike. It's a good thing all Aussies aren't like you!

Second off, You made it sound like the whole car is rubbish. All cars have there flaws. You have to take into mind that products are built around known accessories that work. Maybe what you want to put on the car is your problem.

Third off, The car wasn't made in America, it was designed by an American company. Maybe the TC5 designer for Associate is from Australia, who knows?

I will admit that the servo saver in my opinion could be a better design. The ball links are a little sloppy. The front axles could fit tighter in the hubs. They could have provided some different springs besides those stiff ones that they did, but it only cost me an additional $10 to make it work well on the asphault track I run at.

You need to try constructive critisism and stop bashing as a whole.

Let the bidding begin, I'll give you $110....
Old 06-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

The TC5 was designed by a very good guy named Bob Stellflue and others at Associated in california.

No austrailians ....... He is a Cheesehead though
Old 06-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'd actually like to know what was so horrible. He didn't really say except "it's rubbish". Personally, I'd like the plastic to be more like the old Associated stuff, esp. the ball cups. Outside of that, I think the car is excellent.

Oh, $120, US for the kit
Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was going to respond and attack one of Australia's fine R/C products, but...

I know what your point is. And I'm telling you I see right through it. People bash products of all origins on this site every day, and they're all equally defended by people that are fans of the products. The reaction in here to your negativity was the same as anywhere else, yet you decided to trot out the tired old anti-America attitude. You would get the same response in any thread, and I'm sure you know that. As such, I stand by my assertion that you're a twat. G'day.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I was going to respond and attack one of Australia's fine R/C products, but...
As such, I stand by my assertion that you're a twat. G'day.

Wow...I wonder if that means the same thing in Australia as it does here in the US?? Nonetheless...I agree.
$130.00
Old 06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

cannon what kit did you buy
Old 06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

He will know what it means.
Typical Aussie though, all rip shit and bust.
If you want to have a look at how bad Australian flaming is just look at most of the popular threads in the Australian section of RC Tech.The 4wd Offroad thread is always a good one. But most of them make interesting reading.
They go at it like no other people I have seen.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Now you blokes shouldn’t be havin a blue with some drongo from down under cause of an ear bashin he gave this car that the mug would only use for bush bashin. I mean fair suck of the sav! It’s a bonza car if you ask me I mean I was stoked with it when I built mine on the weekend. It’s not some bog standard rice burner that this bozo claims. And its not exy at all. Maybe the dingbat was off his face with grog when he had a nag bout the car. You seppos can’t go putting all us fair dinkum aussies in the same bucket, cause it just aint right. Don’t worry bout this gallah and lets get back to gobbin off bout this car. My only whinge bout the car is the wadjamacallit thingo that saves the servo. I reckon the propella heads came a gutser when they came up with that.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Shayne ... you are bad. They will think we all talk like that with that post

Fatbear ... you need to understand Australian humour. The offroad guys are just having fun. They are all mates. Australians will tend to have a go at each other but generally without malice. This year at the TITC event in Thailand we sat with Scott Ernst and Jilles Groskamp. By the end of the week , Scott was understanding that we pick on each other all the time in good humour. Jilles however was threatening to spray us with motor spray if we didn't stop picking on each other

I am sorry that I have offended anyone with my comments. The car was simply a disappointment in relation to quality. I should have assumed I would have been blasted if I made a comment about it.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Just finished my TC5. What would be a good starting spot for pinion gears wit a 27 turn stock motor, 64 mm dia. foam tires on a tight carpet track. Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I finished my TC5 today and I am using LRP Vector x 11 4,5 with Sphere tC. I run with rubber tires on asphalt (small track) and would like anyone is using this motor because I am in doubt with the gear ratio. According with the motor's manual should be 8,8 (10T pinion)... I think that it is too small, and I saw at AE web site the team driver's using 21T pinion with the Vector 3,5....
Old 06-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by frogman
Just finished my TC5. What would be a good starting spot for pinion gears wit a 27 turn stock motor, 64 mm dia. foam tires on a tight carpet track. Thanks

I read somewhere back through this thread for a 13.5 BL use a size 36 48p pinion. So that should get you close.

Last edited by smostyn; 06-17-2007 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.