Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
what's your set up? or just the instruction manual set up?
I was afraid someone would ask that !
I was handed the car at the track, I put a set of CS27s on it, a CO27 T Bang stock motor in it, charged my cells and raced.
I didn't touch the setup all night.
So, I couldn't say what it was, but I can say that the car worked great, so it is possible to dial in a setup that worked for me on that surface.

The thing that impressed me the most though was right from putting the car on the track the first lap I knew it was going to be good.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Just to share my setup for everyone , the car was awesome I made TQ and won the first race for the TC5 here in Brazil ;

LOW TO MEDIUM TRACTION ASPHALT OPEN LARGE TRACK - WITH HAND OUT TIRES

RIDE HEIGHT 5,5 REAR 5,0 FRONT

CAMBER 1,5 ALL

CASTER 4 DEG

TOE IN REAR 2,5 TOTAL (REAR HUB 0,5)

FRONT TOE 0

HEX SPACING - NO

WHEEL BASE REAR 1MM FRONT 2 MM

STEERING LINK 1 B

BUMB STEER - NO

SPOOL ON FRONT

REAR DIFF 1/8 OUT

CAM HOLDER A FRONT MID HIGH - REAR MID HIGH

SHOCK OIL 30 WT PISTON # 1 ALL AROUND

REBOUND - NO

FRONT SPRING ASSOC BLUE

REAR SPRING ASSOC SILVER

SHOCK POSITION FRONT 3 B

SHOCK POSITION REAR 3 B

CAMBER LINK REAR 3 A WITH 2MM SHIMS

CAMBER LINK FRONT 3

REAR SUSPENSION MOUNTS

FWD ARM MOUNT 2 A

NO SHIMS

RWD ARM MOUNTS 2 A

WITH 2 DEG SHIMS

FRONT SUSPENSION MOUNTS

FWD ARM MOUNT 1 A

NO SHIMS

RWD ARM MOUNTS 2 A

NO SHIMS

ANTI ROLL BAR 1,25 MM
JUST ON REAR

NO ANTI ROLL BAR ON FRONT

CHASSIS AND TOP PLATE ITF (without o-rings/all screws tight on top deck)

MOTOR X11 3.5

GEAR 87/21

SPEED SPHERE TC - VALUES 2 - 4 - 0 - 0

BODY STRATUS 3.0

5 CELLS RWD - ON BACK POSITION

GREAT CAR - Congratulations TEAM ASSOCIATED

Fabian Kaloustian

TEAM ASSOCIATED - REEDY - LRP - JACO
Old 08-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Adept

I have changed the front drive belt to BD one, result is very smooth and very flexible for the belt tension choice. Try Try

Besides, does anyone tried use 4 O-ring to the upper deck rear screw position? Any different.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont understand why everyone is changing the belts on this car? The belts I recieved with it are fantastic, super strong, smooth and have plenty of flex and adjustment.

I run mod, 19T, and find them to be just fine, am I missing something here?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I've had one for almost two-months...just haven't built it. Been waiting for parts and the spool and the one-way. I just got the ITF chassis. Now that Tamiya season is over...gonna start building it. I should have it on the track by next weekend. Maybe someday, there will even be a spool for it
titanium racing make one.

also precision rc has one way units on there site
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
I dont understand why everyone is changing the belts on this car? The belts I recieved with it are fantastic, super strong, smooth and have plenty of flex and adjustment.

Cheers
Aaron
With a mod or 19T motor, the belt should be fine. The stock belt is slightly rigid and does not stretch much. In stock racing I can see where a looser, slightly more pliable belt could be beneficial.

I've been running my TC5 for about 8-weeks now, 13.5 BL, and the belts don't seem to have loosened up much at all.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

The belts will not loosen up if any @ all, the yokomo/bomber 1 is made from a diffrent material so it flex's more, and as for class of racing either it be 27t 19t or a mod with lipo u still want a free/smooth drive train, the belt change does make a diffrence

Ste.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G2B Anthony
I have changed the front drive belt to BD one, result is very smooth and very flexible for the belt tension choice. Try Try

Besides, does anyone tried use 4 O-ring to the upper deck rear screw position? Any different.

i run all 4 screws with o-rings on the back and i do think the car flexes quite a bit more with four rather than 2 also i did it because my car was tweaked bad and when i put all 4 orings on there and put it back on the tweak board it really helped alot. this is with the ITF chassis and top deck.

also do you know what the part # was for the belt that you got? i ordered one just hope its the right one its for the BD car

anyone or everyone else, what is everyone gearing their car? 48p or 64p? stock, 19t and mod?? rubber tires? i ran a 38/100 on a 10.5 BL on carpet with rubber tires but my next race is at the kissimee track where the worlds were in 2004 i plan on running either 19t or mod so any advice would be much appreciated as far as gearing goes
Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Team Bomber (#TB20022) Front Drive Belt For BD
or
BD FRONT DRIVE BELT BD516L.

The bomber 1 is better but std yokomo belt is better than tc5 kit belt
Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy

I run mod, 19T, and find them to be just fine, am I missing something here?

Cheers
Aaron
Couldn't agree more. I expected to have some possible issues (from reading these posts) with mine and after 50+ runs the belts are working flawlessly. A little tight to start on rear but that loosened the first 10 runs and is staying put now. I wont be switching belts without some other reason.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

hi, Just i found the std belts 2 be very tight even on the slack settings on the cam, after 50+ run's i shud think it wud loosen up, aslong as it's working for u thats good

Dunno who said about my power cap being in a bad place??
This any better?

Thanks
ste
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Couldn't agree more. I expected to have some possible issues (from reading these posts) with mine and after 50+ runs the belts are working flawlessly. A little tight to start on rear but that loosened the first 10 runs and is staying put now. I wont be switching belts without some other reason.
Same here... my belts seem perfectly fine
Old 08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

are you guys changing the rear also. my belts seem to be find but idk. also where are you guys getting the white spurs?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dont us wrong guys the stock belts are fine. they hold up well. the only complaint people are having is that they are just a little to tight. in my case my car probably has 15+ runs on it now and the belt even in its loosest position is still tight enough to tweak the car. i felt a few other cars at the track and theirs were waay looser than mine so i figured personally that i would try something to fix it. Associated already has plans for another low-friction belt to come out at some point because the part # is already in the part catalog that comes with the kit.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah my belts are super tight on my car as well. I tried to run my rear diff in the lowest possible position and the rear belt was so tight it was tweaking my car. Has anyone else been able to run the rear diff utra low and the belt feel fine tension wise? Has anyone tired to take every other tooth off the belts to soften them up some? I might just try a BD front belt and then wait for the Associated low friction belts but thats not helping me now. What have some of the guys with belt problems tired other then soakin the belt in Oil?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.