Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ta04r...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Default Replacement Rod Guides

One of my shock's "Rod Guides" (04r Manual Page 12, MC18, part number 7795003) are slightly worn; so that particular shock is not straight but slightly bent. Any idea if I can get the replacement via using the part number 7795003? Or is it part of some other package?

e.g. the lock nut holder (which I broke) comes together with a Pully package.
Old 10-12-2001, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Hobbipro,

Call Tamiya USA at 1-800-Tamiya-A... they have all the specific Tamiya parts that you are looking for that can't be normally found in hobby stores... Get the parts number ready... it will help the process.... The clerk won't know what you are talking about if you are just giving him names of the part... get the part numbers ready..
Old 10-13-2001, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Default front one way VS dual one-way?

Is there very much difference comparing a one way diff in the front only VS a dual one-way setup?
Old 10-13-2001, 02:35 PM
jcr
Tech Regular

Default tires

Has anyone tried the Tamiya M2 Radial Tires before?

If so how is the grip on those tires and what surface is it recommended for?
Old 10-13-2001, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Alvin - read this http://www.rccaraction.com/articles/oneways.asp
Old 10-13-2001, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Hi!
My 01 is one-wayed, but being a shaft drive I only can have it frontal one-way (unless I get the centre one-way shaft from cross).

The way I interpret it, for my 04 if I were to install the front one-way without the centre one-way it will just be less efficient - since under braking/deceleration the front belt will still be driven...

Am I right or am I wrong? Being I'd rather spend the $$$ on batteries first.
Old 10-14-2001, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

hi alvin ....
ok i have been away form forums for a bit now so its time i get back

ok about ur question on one ways ...
the dual one way setup is one of the best u can run on provided u can control the car cause it frees up the front and the rear during coners so that they WONT FIGHT with each other and causes ill handling situations and added to that is when the wheels do not fight with each other for speed u gain extra speed trough the coners ---- less drag
the bad side is although very minor causes big accidents ... it makes the car able to turn very sharply in to a turn at high speeds and it also makes the front end very twichy on strights since the frontal one way does away with the diff action during turns u can actually accelerate out of a turn after the apex ....... it will follow trough nomater what........ once u geta feel u will understand its kinda hard to explain ......
and its only posible with dual one ways...

with frontal one way ONLY without the centre one - i dont know if the it make it less effient since the front belt is being driven under braking / deceleration but without the centre one way the front end and rear end will fight for speed and that alone makes it slower and inefficent ... i ahve not tested this .. lol but i think it will be the same as the o1 handling wise

this is just my $0.002 worth on it ...i have not truly tested it with frontal one way only ... u can try to experiment on it ...:P
cause soo far i have only run either on dual one ways or centre one ways alone ... i think the important one is the centre one ways and compared to an o1 whoch is shaft driven the situation are slightly different IMHO... well its more like a single belt drive o3 or kx1 if u campare the system its using..... rather than a dual belt car ...
hehe like i said its just my $0.002 cents worth

and the centre one way alone
this frees up the front and the rear and still maintains the diff action during turns .... in thi setup u will not be able to drive lik the dual one ways cause there wiill be diff action during turns and it will not pull trough the turns at high speeds like the dual one ways setup ...
i dont know why but u just cant ....
well the good thing about the centre one way is that it makes the car more efficent since it disconects from the motor during deceleration - less drag and durng the turn the front end and rear will move at its own pace which will result in a ROUND TURN insteed of 'squaring' into turns ...
other that that it does not mae the car as TWICHY as the dual one way setup....
Old 10-17-2001, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

imataquito,
Thanks man! I will be getting my front one-way first, and the rest goes to a new battery pack.

Hey 04 dudes, have u guys with the 04 Pro / Saddle Pack Chassis attempt something like the YM34 Type T? i.e. Place the battery along the car like TC3 or TB01? I prefer it, eletronics on one side, battery on other, much easier to maintain, I don't like sending 3 little wires inbetween that belt

Maybe someone in Japan fitted the YM34 lower deck onto our 04 heh

Old 10-17-2001, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default YEAH!!!

I believe we need to e-mail Tamiya, and Penguin and let them know there is a demand for this type of chassis for the 04..... I was gonna get a type-t, but I really like my 04 and if I could have the best of both worlds....maybe the new 414 will have a chassis like that.......
Old 10-17-2001, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default TA04-R chassis

Just wanted to let you fellow TA04-R owners know, I emailed Tamiya about the front belt being tight , mine is almost to the point of binding up. The said they were looking into the issue since it has been reported to them as a problem, and to send it to them for replacement.
I mailed it out yesturday, so we will see how the new one fits when I get it back. Hopefully soon.
Old 10-17-2001, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Default Need high-res scan

Dudes,
Any of u with the TA04 Carbon Saddle Pack Chassis,
If u have that lying around and have access to a scanner, could u please do a high-res scan and email that to me? Preferbly with the straight edges of the chassis aligned with the scanner's edge. Zipped TGA/Tiff would be good. [email protected]

Thanks

PS: TRF414M Chassis would be appreciated too!
Old 10-17-2001, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

For you dremel happy folks. You can lower the battery a full .12" on the Ta04R chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Ta04r...-ta04_bottom_small.jpg  
Old 10-17-2001, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Saddle Chassis

I have a TA04R and I want to use the Carbon Saddle Chassis.

I have the screws, but I don't have the plastic piece and the posts for it.

I installed it, without the posts (but I have a screw and nut holding the bulkhead and upper deck, where the post is supposed to be), and there is a lot of flex. You can see the motor plate actually move when it flexes.

What other things can I do? I already tried the steering posts on the TA04, but their too long. I tried the HPI Chassis posts, but they were 3mm long. I do not have any access to dremel or metal cutting tool. I DON'T want to do any cutting to the plastic pieces or aluminum, though.

Does Yokomo or someone else have a post that will fit?

Also, i'm thinking of getting the stick-pack carbon chassis, shown below (which inlcudes the hardware.) I'd like to put the stick chassis on my other TA04 anyway, and use the hardware it included on my saddle chassis. Does this set include the plastic piece and the posts as well?

I'm also willing to buy or trade someone for their posts. I'm willing to even trade my Carbon Chassis (in like-new condidtion) that the TA04R includes, JUST for the posts. I'm that desperate!

Thank You!
Old 10-17-2001, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

There will be 2 replacement Chassis' available.

Stage 1: approx. 1 mm shorter ... replacement for all of the world except North America.

Stage 2: Approx. 1 mm shorter, countersunk screw holes underneath and battery slots...available ONLY to the NOrth American market as replacements for their O4R's.

On a side not...if you do not intend on racing TCS...you should get the 414M instead of getting the 04R and adding saddle pack carbon chassis, etc...

The 414M comes with front and mid one way, carbon chassis and aluminum bulkheads (plus many other features)...for much elss than making the 04R the same spec....
Old 10-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

How will they be doing this? i got my carbon chassis separatly... would they replace those as well? is that you Jeremy? its peter! hehe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.