PaZ
Tech Master

thats sweet
Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default WIP - Rotary Power RX7 FD

WIP - Rotary Power RX-7

Alright, fellas, this is the next shell I'm doing - the Rotary Power RX-7. As promised, this one will have a complete WIP step-by-step log. This project wouldn't be possible without Oski's expertise in CAD software or Fozz18s expertise in vinyl decals.

1) With help from my expert CAD designer friend, Oski, the tribal lines from the Rotary Power RX-7 were isolated.

2) The mask will be resized in CorelDraw printed on regular paper and put up against the shell to see if the size and scale is correct.

3)Next step, the tribal lines will be printed on Parma Blank Masking Sheet.

4) Mask printed on the WHITE side of the Parma Blank Masking paper

5) Shell's inside is cleaned with mild soap and warm water to remove any oil and fingerprints. Now it's time to cut the mask and apply to the inside of the shell.

6) Mask was printed but the hood was not resized. I had to print the masks at my cousin's house so the hood is off a little bit but still captures the essence of the car. Mask applied to inside of the car. Now it's ready for some paint.

7) I've finished painting the shell with several coats of Pactra Candy Red backed with SpazStiz Chrome. Right now it has a red anondized look to it. I'll wait a few days for the chrome to cure and in the meantime, I have to decide what to use to back it up with. I have several test pieces of lexan that I can test it out with.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

hehe. you are making ross petty's car. he is a fun guy. he was going off when i let him use my m18 to rc drift on our track.

nice, clean car design. good choice. b
Old 05-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My brother's got a video - I forget which one (it might have been a best motoring), where they were working on the Rotary Powered RX7. I instantly fell in love with the car when I saw it. When I go out to Cali in August I hope there's an event on the dates I'm there. I'd love to watch some real drifting live. The last time I saw some live drifting was at NOPI 3 years ago.

Check out this article on some Hawaiian rc drifting!
http://www.driftsession.com/gallerie...iftmeeting.htm

Last edited by Aries326; 05-08-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys

im new to the whole rc drifitng scene and i would liek to know some things. i would like to know what good kits are for drifting and stuff liek that. thanks to whoever answers!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah. our only track closed (on oahu) so now there is no drifting.......well. you know what i mean. anyways, that event you listed was fun. one of my cars is the pink evo. i let kawasaki drive it during the comps because his motor froze up. eric and i were the judges. i have been moved to judge alll the events nowadays, but couldn't resist competing at the maui even where i won both comps. hopefully we'll get a guest judge at the car show in august so i can compete again.

it is awesome when we get peeps from japan visit like ken maeda and bomber. bomber even came to autoX the next day and rode with me and put my real car in option2. i think april 06? issue in the hawaii blurb.

we are supposed to also be doing a demo at a mid size mall for 3 fast 3 furious tokyo drift later on. that should be fun. they said we can make the event as big as we want within reason. any sponsor wanna sponsor me and i'll run the car? we don't get the hookups like the GD'ers. or if any sponsors want to donate prizes for it, please contact drift session (dave shimokawa) as he is organizing it.

real drifting is fun. but with no track i am selling my drift car. 240 w/ sr, power fc, V-mount intercooler setup, 550 injectors, turbo(up in the air), quaife lsd, spot welded, full, full suspension and more crap than my rc cars.

b

Originally Posted by Aries326
My brother's got a video - I forget which one (it might have been a best motoring), where they were working on the Rotary Powered RX7. I instantly fell in love with the car when I saw it. When I go out to Cali in August I hope there's an event on the dates I'm there. I'd love to watch some real drifting live. The last time I saw some live drifting was at NOPI 3 years ago.

Check out this article on some Hawaiian rc drifting!
http://www.driftsession.com/gallerie...iftmeeting.htm
Old 05-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bdrift
yeah. our only track closed (on oahu) so now there is no drifting.......well. you know what i mean. anyways, that event you listed was fun. one of my cars is the pink evo. i let kawasaki drive it during the comps because his motor froze up. eric and i were the judges. i have been moved to judge alll the events nowadays, but couldn't resist competing at the maui even where i won both comps. hopefully we'll get a guest judge at the car show in august so i can compete again.

it is awesome when we get peeps from japan visit like ken maeda and bomber. bomber even came to autoX the next day and rode with me and put my real car in option2. i think april 06? issue in the hawaii blurb.

we are supposed to also be doing a demo at a mid size mall for 3 fast 3 furious tokyo drift later on. that should be fun. they said we can make the event as big as we want within reason. any sponsor wanna sponsor me and i'll run the car? we don't get the hookups like the GD'ers. or if any sponsors want to donate prizes for it, please contact drift session (dave shimokawa) as he is organizing it.

real drifting is fun. but with no track i am selling my drift car. 240 w/ sr, power fc, V-mount intercooler setup, 550 injectors, turbo(up in the air), quaife lsd, spot welded, full, full suspension and more crap than my rc cars.

b
thats a really nice setup for your 240. is it a hatch or coupe? i was htinking about goign ka-t but with all the problems ive been having wiht my coupe's suspension i decided to wait awhile
Old 05-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Projekt
thats a really nice setup for your 240. is it a hatch or coupe? i was htinking about goign ka-t but with all the problems ive been having wiht my coupe's suspension i decided to wait awhile
hatch. go sr. ka's make power but were not meant for it. a good friend went through 3 kat's already all 24de.

suspension probs? tell me about it. i actually developed rips in my chassis from when i autox'ed the car on 275 v710 stickies. note to self: if you ever spot weld your chassis, also weld in reinforcements.

back to rc drifting.

tonight is the start of our official series. i gotta make a website soon. b
Old 05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have a feeling that the movie of "tokyo drift"

will just mess up our image of drifters

ill take it main stream and ruin everything

the only good side of it is that we will have more friends into drifting but i think itll be too much

personaly...i dont want that movie to come out
Old 05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by anthony390
i have a feeling that the movie of "tokyo drift"

will just mess up our image of drifters

ill take it main stream and ruin everything

the only good side of it is that we will have more friends into drifting but i think itll be too much

personaly...i dont want that movie to come out
the good news about the movie is thta there will be more nice parts cars for us guys that were alreayd into it long before the movie.....

my car is so messed up suspension wise, this summer i was planning on goign on a shopping spree at battle version and splparts to get new everything

for rc drifting would a tc4 be enough or should i go for somethign else? also what shoudl i get if i do end up with a tc4 to upgrade?
Old 05-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea the after market parts will raise but the image of us drifters will still be messed up

yknow what i mean

well i guess its a sort of like a win and lose situation

when u had the 240 you never put in mind to put struts and weld struts to reinforce the chassis from getting twisted

i also know that for those hachirokus its a must to weld supports as i heard some hachirokus moved a centimeter+ off measurement in suspension componetes
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

ohh i forgot to talk bout the tc4

yes its a perfect car for drifting

as for an upgrade

are you getting the rtr

then a motor and esc should be the next upgrade
Old 05-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

im most likely going to get the rtr on friday....
whats the best kind of motor and esc

for my 240 i was just gonna start buying stuff to make my car a florida fail drifter (long story us tampa kids decided to call ourselves florida fail for havign such crappy beat up 240/ae86 with welded diff's)
Old 05-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

for motor

ill get a trinity monster or p2k6

just make sure it either gets rpms or tourqe

dont worry bout top end

isnt welded diffs arnt even street drivable

and ill be careful with welded diffs as i know that u must weld them correctly or u can mess up the diff itself
Old 05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by anthony390
for motor

ill get a trinity monster or p2k6

just make sure it either gets rpms or tourqe

dont worry bout top end

isnt welded diffs arnt even street drivable

and ill be careful with welded diffs as i know that u must weld them correctly or u can mess up the diff itself
for us welded are streetable and actually its not too hard to weld the diff

so a trinity monster or p2k6(are these brushless? im a super noob for this stuff)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.