Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

brian , thanks for the hook up on the parts !! man if you didn't show i couldn't have raced (the little bit i did do !) THANKS MAN !!!!!!

Ed do ya have to teese me like that with that link to kranzels ?? man if toona did somthing like that this winter , i'd be in for sure !! hell as cool as that looked i'd probably give up dirt all together ............ well ok i lied on the last little part , but that track looked like a frikin blast !!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default cash race

Thanks Doug, Chuck and the rest of the Altoona crew, We had a good time Sunday even with the rain shortened event.I wish we could've come down Saturday.We plan on coming to the next one too. But next time we plan on coming for the weekend so we can get some more track time before the Mains

Ed that 1/18track ia exactly what we used to race on when i first began back in the early 90's all carpet with wood and other various things under it for obstacles.It was great no dirt only carpet fuzz and the surface was always the same.

Old G
Old 08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jim, not a problem glad to help.iam checking on what might be wrong with that motor i will let you know what i find out.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default crf news

brian , i have a thread started on here for info too , so far nothing . thanks for still looking into it for me . I will be waiting to see if you find anything . I do think i am going to replace the crank bearings and try that . other than the front crank bearing leaking , i am lost ! the thing that has me puzzled is that i've had engines in the past that pissed out the front bearing and had no issues with the tune going all over the map because of it .
Old 08-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jim, I have a thought on that engine. I heard somewhere the carb's on those engines are very inconsistent. I thought I heard somewhere that you could put an OS carb on it and fix it. Of course, I could be wrong.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

OS Carbs fixed problems with the Traxxa's engines. Snorton had to do it to his. It would suck to buy one of those and it still not work.

iCeNuTz
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, maybe someone will pop in with the correct answer on which OS carb fits that engine.......I thought I heard that is an awesome engine, just the carb is junk......
Old 08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

d4man i had problems with my carb on my original wasp the LSN oring was messed up si i ran an os carb on it until i got an old picco carb needle and i think the os carb you had to adjust the settings greater than the wasp carb. but that is with the wasp(original) iam tring to get my new CRF then i will let you know, maybe the rotary carb will be better than the slide.

jim if you want i have the adapter and a os carb we can try.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

roeder,
youre cars looked really good....wish mine were the same....will have to get together sometime and race again..............
Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

forman , that was my other thought , that the carb was at fault . its either the carb or a damn air leak . it just gets an inconsistant lean hesitation whenever it feels like it . nothing seems to really set it off , it just happens...............whenever .........@#%#^ $#%$#*

brian , if you have a carb and adapter i would be happy to try it ! any thing to get the answer before i throw money away and don't find the problem ! I want to figure this damn thing out ! not just because it's retarted fast but for my own knowlege too . I am leaving for vacation this sat and should be back in time for the race the week after . is the os carb you have a rotery or slide ?? the truck is set up for a rotery right now but could be changed back for a slide if need be .

Thanks , Jim
Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Jim it's a 10er rotary.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Jim, this may or may not apply to you. My buddy was having a similar problem with his high dollar big HP engine in his 1/8th scale. After all the trouble shooting he did, it ended up being a lean bog. I read your other threads on the issue and maybe, just for the hell of it, turn that HSN out 2 turns and see if that helps. I'm thinking maybe your LSN is rich, and your HSN is lean. After you fix the leaky bearing of course......
Old 08-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Engine problems.

Young Dux

Last edited by gdux; 08-08-2007 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Forman
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Ridgeway had the problem over the winter, and into the springtime. He was going to do this, do that, buy new fuel, etc etc. I told him to "Talk to Doug" before he does anything. Like I said, it ended up being 2 full turns in on the Lean side.

Does your engine have a fine adjustment screw on the HSN?? I think I was mistaken by saying that engine's carb is junk. I think they have changed that. Hey, what the hell, it cant hurt to try "2 hours" or 2 full turns out.

Do that AFTER you fix the front leaky bearing!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are the results gonna be posted from summer classic weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.