Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion & HW Real Timing

Originally Posted by Lagunikas
Hi, i have some questions, with V3.0_110105_MOD software for modified racing

How many degrees can i set in boost timing? this value is like as timing in normal escs without variable timing not? (i need 30º for a GM motor)

If i set 30º in boost timing, and 25º in turbo timing, when im not going on full trottle, im using 30º always, but when i go on full, i get 55º? or how many its the limit? i read 46º but im not sure

sorry for english, and thanks
same as you get maximum timing on motor brushed motor, when no load.

and for now Brushless 60º is possible.

while 120º is the both direction Timing (reverse and forward timing).
so if it's div 2 its 60º Forward 60ºReverse.

while now Hobbywing & Speed Passion already reach Area 51º Total Timing
with SuperCharge Method. so 9º left.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

can i flash my SP GT2.0 Pro ESC with the latest HW firmware? is it compatible with no issues?
SP seems to be a bit late in their latest firmware release or i just missed it...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

All right guys I have the xtreme stock with the latest firmware! I am running it in a SC truck but I am having nothing but problems! The first problem was solved when the voltage cutoff had to be dropped to 2.8v so the truck could finish the race! Now no rhyme or reason in the middle of the race it seems as though it goes into the sensorless mode or zero timing really slow mode! I reset the throttle and let it sit then it is fine again till halfway through the heat? I switched motors and sensor wires and batteries but not sure what is causing this but very frustrating especially since it is so new and nothing but problems! It appears the green light is flashing when it does this! Any help would be great would be great!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo

I can see you guys are always talking about timing all the time for speed etc what about driver ability,motors,car setup,tyres,gearing and many more factors.

Its not all about timing and why i say that is that we were running the justock and it was something like 1/10th of a second slower than anything else on the track once some changes were made with setup we had the justock handle and faster than all the other cars on the track .

dont look at timing and boost only concentrate on setup as well as mentioned above.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trx B E
All right guys I have the xtreme stock with the latest firmware! I am running it in a SC truck but I am having nothing but problems! The first problem was solved when the voltage cutoff had to be dropped to 2.8v so the truck could finish the race! Now no rhyme or reason in the middle of the race it seems as though it goes into the sensorless mode or zero timing really slow mode! I reset the throttle and let it sit then it is fine again till halfway through the heat? I switched motors and sensor wires and batteries but not sure what is causing this but very frustrating especially since it is so new and nothing but problems! It appears the green light is flashing when it does this! Any help would be great would be great!
A few questions.

Your lipo can only just make runtime? What size are the lipos? If they are a good capacity then maybe you have the SC geared badly so that drains everything.

Also bad gearing will cause overheating which would most probably cause the "crawl home mode"
Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

No I had to lower the voltage cutoff because the esc would shut down and the batteries would still have 7.7 volts? Also I have the truck really low geared so over gearing is not the problem! The batteris are 5000 45c so plenty of capacity!

Originally Posted by cannon
A few questions.

Your lipo can only just make runtime? What size are the lipos? If they are a good capacity then maybe you have the SC geared badly so that drains everything.

Also bad gearing will cause overheating which would most probably cause the "crawl home mode"
Old 01-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Imo
Originally Posted by dumper
If the single cell unit was going to be run in 13.5 1/12th scale by a top level racer trying to win a major race, which software package would he be looking to use? Would it be possible to get some settings to start with as well?

Thanks
imo, its all about the motor choice and motor timing, I like the so v3 motors see to middle timing. They run cool and have great speed, it all depends on your driving style and car setup.
I can run max timing, max boost, 4k start 0.1 delay and full hot with no,issues and tons of power, but have friends who try the same with bad results, I suggest start with 75% settings and check your temps
Gearing around 32/90 to start with.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank for your reply, but my question its, if i use ONLY boost timing, the software will be like as a conventional modified software?

Example, with 205_mod, no turbo software, max timing can reach its 26.25º, but with 110105_MOD, with only boost timing, 30º for example, its fixed timing as modified?

Im looking for a solution to use 30º of fixed timing with HW, and i think, its possible with this software

@Cobra, im running in modified, our tracks has more than 70 meters of straight, its important the power to reach good times

Thanks for reply
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trx B E
What motor, what truck, what settings?

I think you may be asking too much of the ESC. SC trucks are heavy, and if you are runing big power in it, it might be more than the boosted stock 1/10th ESC can deal with.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RPM Log ESC firmware

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I can see you guys are always talking about timing all the time for speed etc what about driver ability,motors,car setup,tyres,gearing and many more factors.

Its not all about timing and why i say that is that we were running the justock and it was something like 1/10th of a second slower than anything else on the track once some changes were made with setup we had the justock handle and faster than all the other cars on the track .

dont look at timing and boost only concentrate on setup as well as mentioned above.
well because it's Super Charged Software Thread, isn't it.
obviously talk about timing. and lots of driver ability and cars setups, out off this thread.

anyway for us it's not just about the timing,
Cob, please asked Michael , we need the RPM Log in the ESC firmware,
so we might talk not just about timing.

i bet you know what i meant.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone has a PDF setup sheet for the new software?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

well because it's Super Charged Software Thread, isn't it.
obviously talk about timing. and lots of driver ability and cars setups, out off this thread.

anyway for us it's not just about the timing,
Cob, please asked Michael , we need the RPM Log in the ESC firmware,
so we might talk not just about timing.

i bet you know what i meant.
I know what you mean but im sorry to tell you there isn't going to be an rpm log in the near future .
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing RPM Log and support end.

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I know what you mean but im sorry to tell you there isn't going to be an rpm log in the near future .
wow, that's is just not the same as speed passion owners told me
last july 2010, that the plan in september 2010 to release those.

So far , we are not interested with Brushless analysis, that they offer,
since it's a waste, but, were looking for

Under Load RPM Log, which is you told me already inside the
ESC Firmware for Services use, as why not double it,
such one memory for unchanged able log, for your factory services,
and the other one is for the user, so we would like to get as tachometer ,
reset able and calculate able to speed gearing, such thing
would be great development isn't it.

while other factory already, support logs in their esc, why aren't Hobbywing and Speed Passion did the same ?

none ?

hope this is been our support to all Hobbywing and Speed Passion
Users, to remind you engineer not to leave us behind.

Thank's anyway Cob & Michael.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dumper
If the single cell unit was going to be run in 13.5 1/12th scale by a top level racer trying to win a major race, which software package would he be looking to use? Would it be possible to get some settings to start with as well?

Thanks
a top level racer would not have a choice, because he has to run what ever his sponsors provides him, or finds out himself....
Old 01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 110108 v 1224

Which of the two new firmwares should I move onto now?? Bought HW 60A Xerun and used for the first time last Sunday........very quick!!

Is there a significant difference between 110108 and 1224!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.