Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It wasnt like I was the only one who saw the vehicles. They were driving them all weekend at the Fall Crandon TORC races. There were 45,000 people there. I was asked not to put up any pictures I took. Im sure there are more pictures out that I didnt take, that I could find on the internet. You know how many cameras were around that track all day. I just posted the first one I found to prove a point. He simply could have not responded rather than try to call me a liar. The cars that I was playing with werent R&D cars. They were production plastic.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iamahuman
^ +1.

Any word on the new CVDs? Oicures? (Or do they look similar to the XO-1's driveshafts?)
They arejustlke the xo1 shafts except they fit stock slash plastic or aluminum hubs. They are direct bolt in for the slash.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KainK
It wasnt like I was the only one who saw the vehicles. They them all weekend at the Fall Crandon TORC races. There were 45,000 people there. I was asked not to put up any pictures I took. Im sure there are more pictures out that I didnt take, that I could find on the internet. You know how many cameras were around that track all day. I just posted the first one I found to prove a point. He simply could have not responded rather than try to call me a liar. The cars that I was playing with werent R&D cars. They were production plastic.
Given you did leak info regarding a new vehicle. Let me say this, I reviewed those allegedly leaked photos and thy really didn't show anything. I too would have reacted negatively if someone called me a liar. Being an employee of a large manufacturer, you represent the culture and word of the manufacture. Further, the fact he represents Traxxas and he insulted you, he owes you an apology. I would hope that Traxxas would treat all customers and fans with respect.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KainK
It wasnt like I was the only one who saw the vehicles. They were driving them all weekend at the Fall Crandon TORC races. There were 45,000 people there. I was asked not to put up any pictures I took. Im sure there are more pictures out that I didnt take, that I could find on the internet. You know how many cameras were around that track all day. I just posted the first one I found to prove a point. He simply could have not responded rather than try to call me a liar. The cars that I was playing with werent R&D cars. They were production plastic.
I just went back 6 pages to the conversation. 6 pages ago. Now you come out calling him names. I did not see where he called you a Liar. You mention he should not have responded. If that is what you guys want then maybe Traxxas should not get involved directly on the forums and help out with answered questions.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is getting way out of context. Jason, Thomas basically told myself and Kain to shut-up in a very rude and politician-type manner. Kain's point is there was no reason for that kind of behavior and Thomas should have just let it be (which has nothing to do with product advice/support). I doubt we'll see a sincere apology from Thomas to Kain for being disrespectful and Kain to Thomas for calling him a reproductive organ so just let-it-be and agree-to-disagree guys.

On topic - has anyone tried the Exotek Carbon fiber towers yet? Does the 4mm thickness OEM-mesh or spread open the top of the gearboxes? The Traxxas aluminum towers have been great (ran them all year without any issue thru some real hard wrecks). I was personally considering developing carbon fiber shock towers after experiencing them on my Serpent ebuggy, but glad Exotek offered them before I started.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SSCLCG.com
This is getting way out of context. Jason, Thomas basically told myself and Kain to shut-up in a very rude and politician-type manner. Kain's point is there was no reason for that kind of behavior and Thomas should have just let it be (which has nothing to do with product advice/support). I doubt we'll see a sincere apology from Thomas to Kain for being disrespectful and Kain to Thomas for calling him a reproductive organ so just let-it-be and agree-to-disagree guys.

On topic - has anyone tried the Exotek Carbon fiber towers yet? Does the 4mm thickness OEM-mesh or spread open the top of the gearboxes? The Traxxas aluminum towers have been great (ran them all year without any issue thru some real hard wrecks). I was personally considering developing carbon fiber shock towers after experiencing them on my Serpent ebuggy, but glad Exotek offered them before I started.
No, I didnt..... You said that you were glad to see that Traxxas was making an LCG Slash, to which I told you to please not confuse people, as what was seen is not necessarily reflective of what is out.
There is more to what is going on internally, and, it it tough to say something without being able to tell the whole story.....that was the problem with what you had said. I would have been more than happy to help you to understand why your speculation was pre-mature, but that would have required me to tell you what I know....and I cant do that at this time...especially after you told people that I was 'out of touch'.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

KainK,

I never said that you were a liar, and I know you think that I feel that way. This had to be due to the way that I spoke to you, so, for that misunderstanding, I apologize.
My only reasons for being on this thread (and the LCG Slash thread) are
-to help drivers with their vehicles and let y'all know about anything that will help you guys (as well as manufacturers).
-to correct incorrect information, OR misunderstandings, so that our customers do not get confused
-to have fun and keep in touch with those whom I have met and raced with around the country.
Hopefully, y'all are benefiting from this, :-)

I have been, and will continue to, let you all know about products that are relevant to racing/bashing/fun, as they are appropriate....
to bashers: have fun with the Rally
to dirt oval racers:have fun with the rally
to off road racers: I will help you all that I can, as I have been since before KainK took his pictures, so if there is anything relevant, i will let you know.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

By the way, a one-off version of a 1/10th Traxxas Rally has been on the web for over three months....even on our Traxxas Forum, and no one noticed...:-)

Old 10-05-2012, 09:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

No matter what actually happened it don't matter. In the end you guys are just looking bad to most others. If you both leave it go then it will all forgotten in about 2 posts.

Other things in life more important than an argument over a R/C car picture and he said she said BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about we all be happy we live another day to play with our toys and see our loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
No matter what actually happened it don't matter. In the end you guys are just looking bad to most others. If you both leave it go then it will all forgotten in about 2 posts.

Other things in life more important than an argument over a R/C car picture and he said she said BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How about we all be happy we live another day to play with our toys and see our loved ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
Arguements suck, Im sorry...
Thanks, Darth Vader Avatar Dude :-)))))))
Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Some more pics of my SSC LCG 'hybrid' - thanks for all the nice compliments.
My next steps are to look for Titanium screws and clean up my wiring.
Open to any suggestions on how to make it better.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On topic - has anyone tried the Exotek Carbon fiber towers yet? Does the 4mm thickness OEM-mesh or spread open the top of the gearboxes? The Traxxas aluminum towers have been great (ran them all year without any issue thru some real hard wrecks). I was personally considering developing carbon fiber shock towers after experiencing them on my Serpent ebuggy, but glad Exotek offered them before I started.[/QUOTE]

I just got a set of the towers. They fit fine in the recess of the gearbox, slightly tight but the fit is good. Doesn't seem to spread it apart. The only issue I had was with the anti-roll bars. The front tower has a different profile than stock so there was no way to run a front roll bar. I contacted Exotek and they are cutting down the tower so the roll bar will fit. They have been very responsive in resolving the issue. Though initially disappointed that I couldn't just bolt on and go, I have been very happy with Exotek and how they are helping their customer.
The quality level of the parts looks to be quite nice. I thought about the TRCE towers but couldn't resist the lure of carbon fiber. I will be running them for the first time next weekend at our local Short Course Shoot Out.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

I dont know if this will help, but I use a Traxxas receiver box now (3628). it is tall and will keep the extra wiring hidden. to keep it looking clean, you will need to countersink the chassis, though...
I havent tried anything else, though, because I already have these laying around from other projects.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Toast,
Nice cars! I am still working on mine, I just got some Losi 4 hole pistons to replace my 5 hole stock kyosho pistons. haven't made it to the track yet.

as far as Ti screws. Jeff at Speedtechrc has them. I am not the greatest at wiring, I try to zip tie them all together and/or tape them down so they don't stand up and fly around. The small wires will eventually break from excessive movement.

BTW Jeff has a new Losi 1/5 4wd Short Course Truck in that is worth seeing in person. that alone is worth the trip down to visit the shop; )
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thomas - for clarity I did use the word "may" and used "out of touch" as in "busy racing at a big event that weekend", not "no clue". No biggie and was trying to amend air between you and Kain, not have a repeat text-conversation.

Toast - awesome photos and once you go with even just the stock 4wd receiver box, you'll never take it back off (the center support post is the front hole and there's another threaded hole on the top plate for the rear hole). No need to worry about the roll center with an ounce or two up there. So what about a rundown on your two vehicles (where you use them, what their strengths/weaknesses are...)?

mkl - thanks and you may be able to just bend the front swaybar tails over (evenly in a vise) to clear the Exotek shock tower. Good luck at the shoot out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.