Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default diffs

i set the front so the spur hurts my finger lol trying to stop it turning and the out drive turns but u cant feel it slip it very slow turning so i think thats tight .
the rear i set so although stiff i can make the diff fully slip but with effort and yes holding the spur with the rear diff stiill hurts my fingers lol.
unless i have major problems im keaving em its better for my fingers i think.
but does this sound right to u??
Old 11-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

BTW: If your testing your car for slip it would probably hurt less if you do it with the tires on :-). If not then you just may loose a finger one of these days.

~MI JEDI
Old 11-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcshark
I racing mod. cant drive slow! it could be tires it was 80 degreas and I was running 36 sorex and a 10 x1 med open track. 3300, 30 amp packs. The car settles down thru the milddle of the race and It doesnt have as much at the end. I beleave that eather I can try and charge lowor then 6 amps, longer run time and little lowor powor. This might could settle the car at the begging of the race and keep it more consestent.
this texas weather is realy hard to find out what the track is going to be from on weekend to the next. I thank the 36 was the problem and made me use the batts. I just over driving the car at first and there for used up the batt.

Thanks STLNLST I agrea with you about that statment all except the Nerve thing. lol and I thought it was the car that was twitchy
Anytime you're running mod, especially with 3300's, you want to charge at 5 amps. Also in mod, you have to be very smooth on the trigger. "Slow is fast" is even more true in mod racing. Using a lot of braking can cause early motor/battery fade, punching it to hard coming out of corners, over shooting corners, all these are things that will improve with car control and will make your lap times more consistent from start to finish.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcshark
I racing mod. cant drive slow! it could be tires it was 80 degreas and I was running 36 sorex and a 10 x1 med open track. 3300, 30 amp packs. The car settles down thru the milddle of the race and It doesnt have as much at the end. I beleave that eather I can try and charge lowor then 6 amps, longer run time and little lowor powor. This might could settle the car at the begging of the race and keep it more consestent.
this texas weather is realy hard to find out what the track is going to be from on weekend to the next. I thank the 36 was the problem and made me use the batts. I just over driving the car at first and there for used up the batt.

Thanks STLNLST I agrea with you about that statment all except the Nerve thing. lol and I thought it was the car that was twitchy
No need to thank me. we have all been through the same thing at one time. Just remember that if you really want to solve the problem get an MI2 EC Good luck and let us know how we can be of any more help.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

PW- Thanks for that set up you sent me.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you wanna rub fenders with any of these guys check out the Express website for our NORTH SOUTH SHOOTOUT!!!!!
www.tmxpress.net

Express sign up list to date:

Touring stock:
Mark Painter
Mike Kling
Paul Buohl
Ron Binkley
Steve Walter
Sean Walter
Robbie Dodge
John North
Laurie Willis
Tyler Keel
Jason Schreffler
Mike Herald jr
Will Duncan
Billy Duncan
Larry Fairtrace
Guy Hood
Jon Williams
Jeff Cuffs
John Tag
Fast Freddy
Dan Hartman
Arron Sanford
Reggie Wade
George Rylas
Anthony Saunders

19T:
Ray Darroch
Robbie Dodge
Jason Schreffler
Larry Fairtrace
Dan Hartman
Keith Trapp
Craig Xavier
Billy Spence
Ike Peacock
Brandon Melton
Jeff Cuffs
Brandon Hess*
Mike Herald jr*

Touring mod:
Ray Darroch
Keith trapp
Reggie Wade
Justin Listard
Brandon Melton
Brandon Hess*
Jimmy Mac*

Minis:

Mike Kling
Andrew Tag
Ron Zelenka

1/12 stock
Steve Walter
Paul Buohl
Mike Herald sr
Mike Herald jr
Ron Zelenka
Fast Freddy*
Chris Cowder*
Mike Cummings*
Herb O'Loughlin*
Old 11-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default schumacher

i was wondering if any one had a set up for concreate rubber and there is very little grip
anyhelp would help
Old 11-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default Servo mounting options

Are there any other mounting options that are proven to work with the MI2? Since i replace my servo, I've noticed that the platic mounts are a little soft. If i'm using the transmitter to move the servo, nothing moves but manually i'm able to make the platic give a bit.

Issue or not an issue????
Old 11-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

i wont realy worry about it, i think they all do it but causes no problems.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have never had a problem with this. As long as your mounts are not stripped out you should be fine.

If you want to make sure your servo wont move put a pea sized dot of Shoo Goo on the bottom of the servo where it rests on the chassis and screw it in place. The Shoo Goo will spread and stick the servo to the chassis. If you need to remove the servo later the goo just peels off.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

The car is almost finished and ready for action. Can't wait to get back on the track.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snap_u2000
i was wondering if any one had a set up for concreate rubber and there is very little grip
anyhelp would help
I raced on concrete this past weekend in mod and 19T and have a setup that may help you. Setup uses basically stock parts, give me your email the file I have is too big to post here.

Rod
Old 11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RKeasler
I raced on concrete this past weekend in mod and 19T and have a setup that may help you. Setup uses basically stock parts, give me your email the file I have is too big to post here.

Rod
That setup works good in modified at about 45 minutes after sunset. Rod knows what I'm talking about.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just because I've been very very quiet, doesn't mean that I'm not still a member of STLNLSTs fan club. Good luck this weekend and take 'um out, Clint!

I'll go back to being quiet now...
Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

High 5's for everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.