Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Correct.

If you just moved the steering bar to the bottom of the pivot arms, the bar would be far too low, and the it would actually hit the front suspension arms... so it has to be shimmed up just enough to clear the front suspension arms.
Any specific reason you changed rides? Just curious..
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Any specific reason you changed rides? Just curious..
Car just didn't work for me... i tried, and tried, and tried... I went to the RB5 WC and picked up almost two laps the very first time on the track with it. Couldn't be happier.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Correct.

If you just moved the steering bar to the bottom of the pivot arms, the bar would be far too low, and the it would actually hit the front suspension arms... so it has to be shimmed up just enough to clear the front suspension arms.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Too bad you don't have the 210 anymore.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Car just didn't work for me... i tried, and tried, and tried... I went to the RB5 WC and picked up almost two laps the very first time on the track with it. Couldn't be happier.
its weird how some cars suit peoples driving styles and others dont

i have seen this a lot as well with different brands of cars

i tend to agree you keep changeing cars until you find the one that suits your driving style as you say there is time to gain when your 100% in touch with what the cars doing
Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBL15
its weird how some cars suit peoples driving styles and others dont

i have seen this a lot as well with different brands of cars

i tend to agree you keep changeing cars until you find the one that suits your driving style as you say there is time to gain when your 100% in touch with what the cars doing
Exactly... im sure there are a ton of people who just "mesh" with the 210, and the car feels good to them. To me, I did nothing but fight and fight. I went from being one of the fast guys, to one of the slow guys. But, from the very moment I put the RB5 back on the track, I knew it was it... Not only did the car feel better, but I was significantly faster with it, and we just "meshed"... It restored the fun in 2wd buggy racing for me And yes, I have owned and raced just about all of them. Here is a list of what I have gone through in the last 2 years

B4
XXX-CR
Cougar
RB5
B4.1
RB5
Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

For those of you that are running the Tresrey front block-

How many limiters are you running in your front shocks? The Tresrey front block does not have the "wings" so you can not use the droop screw, so you've gotta use the old fashioned method of adding limiters inside your shocks. Jonny5 and I worked on it last night...I left with 4 in each but it still isn't enough.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
For those of you that are running the Tresrey front block-

How many limiters are you running in your front shocks? The Tresrey front block does not have the "wings" so you can not use the droop screw, so you've gotta use the old fashioned method of adding limiters inside your shocks. Jonny5 and I worked on it last night...I left with 4 in each but it still isn't enough.
Which lower shock mount hole are you in? I was pretty sure I put 2mm inside mine (running the Tresrey MOS shocks). I'm middle hole on tower, outside hole in arms and I had to unscrew my shock ends 3 full turns to get the droop needed. Even if I have 4mm inside, it would mean I still had to unscrew my shock ends... at full droop, the "long" part of the arms is about level. Can't see running any less droop unless on super high bite.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hopsing
Which lower shock mount hole are you in? I was pretty sure I put 2mm inside mine (running the Tresrey MOS shocks). I'm middle hole on tower, outside hole in arms and I had to unscrew my shock ends 3 full turns to get the droop needed. Even if I have 4mm inside, it would mean I still had to unscrew my shock ends... at full droop, the "long" part of the arms is about level. Can't see running any less droop unless on super high bite.
What's up stranger? Glad the Dingo has been working for you.

I was on the inside hole on the arm middle on the tower. The limiters I installed are the AE thin white one. It just didn't "feel" right. Lots more testing to do.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

What's up stranger? Glad the Dingo has been working for you.

I was on the inside hole on the arm middle on the tower. The limiters I installed are the AE thin white one. It just didn't "feel" right. Lots more testing to do.

What up Ray!

So did you not have enough droop, or not enough washers to reduce the droop? I think the droop I have is about perfect for most situations. After I put the Tresery block on, I put my stock shocks back on without any limiters and it was definitely too much droop. Car was definitely not right with that much droop.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hopsing
What up Ray!

So did you not have enough droop, or not enough washers to reduce the droop? I think the droop I have is about perfect for most situations. After I put the Tresery block on, I put my stock shocks back on without any limiters and it was definitely too much droop. Car was definitely not right with that much droop.
Ya know....playn with toy cars.

Yea way too much shock length. But overall the car runs nice. Zippy and Jonny5 strong armed me to jump from my "other" car. My TrakPower shorty arrived in the mail today. So I'll mount up some new kicks and try again soon.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya know....playn with toy cars.

Yea way too much shock length. But overall the car runs nice. Zippy and Jonny5 strong armed me to jump from my "other" car. My TrakPower shorty arrived in the mail today. So I'll mount up some new kicks and try again soon.
haha i did nothing of the sort man..
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

2mm spacers on my front shocks for high bite and its back to where it was using the standard block and droop screws.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Konich
2mm spacers on my front shocks for high bite and its back to where it was using the standard block and droop screws.
Super. Thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Since the 210 is a little bit on the heavy side, has anyone tried or considered using the 8 racing CF chassis? Yeah it's a bit expensive, but for those who have the cajones and $$ to get one, how do you like it and what improvements have you noticed when going with a CF chassis? Too bad no local(U.S.) CF manufacturers have a chassis available.

I think Randy is testing out a composite chassis, but it might be months or longer before they hit the stores. It might be worth it just for the $$ savings alone.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Help needed guys

Ok none of my lhs has the Team Durango Caged Race Thrust Bearing in stock & curious if any other manufactures will work.? In need of for this weekend & Amain has them but I wont have it till next week.

Thx,
Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.