Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J@UNE
Guys,

Anybody tried the car with a center one-way and a spool? I think the previous car came like that, how was it?

I fit the one way backward on the layshaft and everything works nicelely. I suspect It will have less off power steering than with a front oneway...

Let me know if you have any experience with the center oneway.
Yea that is pretty much what it will do, i didn't really like the feel of it.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default can't use lower turn motor!

Hi everyone, I am having trouble installing a 17.5T motor to my type R. I found the motor can't move further backward for lower gear ratio (5.X) since it already touch the rear arm mount and I am using the smallest spur (64P, 118).
Old 09-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by collichung
Hi everyone, I am having trouble installing a 17.5T motor to my type R. I found the motor can't move further backward for lower gear ratio (5.X) since it already touch the rear arm mount and I am using the smallest spur (64P, 118).
i had to buy the prs spur adapter to run a smaller spur gear i used a 104 spur 64p
Old 09-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
i had to buy the prs spur adapter to run a smaller spur gear i used a 104 spur 64p
+1
104/47 is what i run with the 17.5

if i were to gear my type r at a 116, what would be a good recommended pinion. used to running a 118/42-43. reason im asking is that i dont want to take off my prs adapter for the losi spurs again and not sure where to start. i like the interchangability or spurs now.

if yur looking for one of those adapter look here:
http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/18
Old 09-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well I have a question that I don't think has been asked in this thread, but I may be wrong... I've read through the first 207 pages and have not come across the subject, so here goes...

I've got the editable pdf setup sheel on my laptop, and I can view it in Adobe Reader, and also view everyone's filled in setup sheets, but while Adobe Reader will allow me to fill in the editable form, it will NOT allow me to save any changes I've made...

Is there a pdf form editor available that will allow me to fill in the editable pdf setup sheet and save it? I would prefer something more affordable than the $300 that Adobe is asking for Acrobat Standard...

Thanks for any help...
David
Old 09-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Trips
Well I have a question that I don't think has been asked in this thread, but I may be wrong... I've read through the first 207 pages and have not come across the subject, so here goes...

I've got the editable pdf setup sheel on my laptop, and I can view it in Adobe Reader, and also view everyone's filled in setup sheets, but while Adobe Reader will allow me to fill in the editable form, it will NOT allow me to save any changes I've made...

Is there a pdf form editor available that will allow me to fill in the editable pdf setup sheet and save it? I would prefer something more affordable than the $300 that Adobe is asking for Acrobat Standard...

Thanks for any help...
David
This is the reason why I created the excel sheet to save my own setups. To view it, go back a few pages to download it.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Dave after you fill it in, use the snapshot tool to copy and then paste in paint, save it as a picture file.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by collichung
You can dremel that block to get a bit more clearance, for rubber tire I get away with a 50-51/116, I think for foam I'd need the PRS.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You can dremel that block to get a bit more clearance, for rubber tire I get away with a 50-51/116, I think for foam I'd need the PRS.
if it was me i would not dremel the car. i would just buy the prs adapter it's only $20. i got my 17.5 to work with a 104 spur with runner tires
Old 09-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrr102486
104/47 is what i run with the 17.5

if i were to gear my type r at a 116, what would be a good recommended pinion.
104 / 47 is 2.21, so divide 116 by 2.21 and you get 52.48... You'd have to try a 52 and a 53 and see which worked best. I'd guess the 52. I'm running 118/53 with a Redline 17.5 motor for what its worth...
wish I could get hold of a 52 pinion or a PRS spur adapter for that matter... 360 had a few adapters in stock last week and I didn't grab one at the time.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Yea that is pretty much what it will do, i didn't really like the feel of it.
Tried the center oneway+spool today, like you said, not good.

Thanks mike
Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
wish I could get hold of a 52 pinion or a PRS spur adapter for that matter...
prs still has them in stock. check one of my earlier posts. i have the link posted. they also sell pinions in the higher numbers but not sure if they're in the stock or not.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to order one up right away...

Speaking of 360, it was a great day today. Jason Schreffler, Larry Fairtrace, Ron Goetter and Dennis Storti were in attendance and there were some great battles in the qualifiers and the mains. Bill Hamlin started the 17.5 rubber A main from pole and took the esarly lead, but broke out early, leaving Ron G and Roland Shao to duke it out the rest of the way. Roland got real close a few times, but Ron held on and took the win.

In the 13.5 foam main, Jason and Larry's cars seemed to lose grip early on and that left Mike Haynes and Sal Amato to battle it out. Sal was right on Mikes back bumper for most of the way, but Mike didn't waver and opened up a small gap in the final laps to take the win. If I recall, Mike also took the win in 13.5 rubber over Larry and Jason.

I managed to figure out a nasty handling issue that had been plaguing me ever since I got this "R" a few months ago. The car has been lazy on corner entry and loose from mid corner on out ever since I got it. I have managed to make it almost acceptable but today I figured out that the rear diff has been WAY too tight since I got it. I picked it up from a buddy who had working pretty well on foams, and I did check the diff to be sure it wouldn't slip, but I never really noticed how tight it actually was until today. I loosened it almost a turn and a half and it still wouldn't slip, but the difference on the track was almost unbelievable. Now the car is as aggressive as anything I've driven, but still nice and planted... In the second round (first run after backing off the diff) I got stuck on a board for around six seconds, then stopped TWICE to make adjustments to the expo, but still managed to beat my best time from previous weeks... I was on a solid A pace for the third round when I made HARD contact with a marshal, putting an end to that run.

I wound up BQ off the second round run, and won the B, putting in my first 25 lap run with the car on this layout. I know there's more there now that the car isn't fighting me. Can't wait til next week...
Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

One more post and I'm outa here for the night...

With today being my first time running brushless and LiPO, I found myself with alrmingly little to do between rounds... the time I typically spend cutting the motor, or hovering over my aging fleet of IB4200 packs on the Novak tray or watching for false peaks was suddenly my own. Between the last qualifier and the mains, all that free time finally got to me...

The well-worn body in the picture started life as a quicky white paint job at Blue Diamond one morning... It's been to hell and back since then as you'll see.

Anyway, there I am waiting for the mains to startt and finding myself with absolutely nothing needing to be done, so I grabbed a couple of Sharpie markers from the pitbox and started doodling... here's the result... This was a plain white body, with headlight, grille, and taillight stckers and a whole bunch of road rash and board bruising... everything else is Sharpie... The letters on the trunk lid read "RED NUTZ RULE" (look at the axles) I apologize now if this causes any nightmares... LOL
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00221.jpg  
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrr102486
prs still has them in stock. check one of my earlier posts. i have the link posted. they also sell pinions in the higher numbers but not sure if they're in the stock or not.
the last time i checked prs didn't have the pinions in stock so i ordered mine from Freddie's hobbies in Ohio and i got them in two days.
this weekend i used a 104spur and started with a 55 pinion 64p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.