Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
IMPACTPLYR-That must be a typo in RCCA...I run -2 antidive with 6 degree blocks. I use the stock TL low roll center mounts with the 0F block. I have never ran 9 degrees.

What are the effects of running a 6 degree caster with an -2 anti-dive? wouldn't those two factors negate themselves? if ever, which was the more predominant characteristic?

thanks,

jason
Old 12-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Impact, I've tried a few different bodies with my GP on carpet, so maybe I can help too. The Losi Alfa provides good front grip, but doesn't plant the rear as well as I would like. The Protoform 1.0 stratus Is what I am using right now. It planted the rear end a lot more then what the Alfa did, but it still had the steering I was looking for. The 2.0 Stratus was a nice split between the Alfa and the 1.0 Stratus; good steering, and the rear was free but still more grip then the Alfa. I am looking forward to testing the SKoda body soon too. Hope that helps. OH, and if you want to see the setup I've been running, check out Todd's from the Novak race last year. I am even using the same tires, CS 27's.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:27 PM
TLRacing

spenzalii-Thanks...I am going to try to be on here more often. With 58mm foam tires last year at the snowbirds I ran 35/128.

IMPACTPLAYR-I start them at 58mm for big races. If I was club racing they would probably start out at 59mm to get more traction. I have ran that body a little bit on carpet. It seems to work ok. I personally like the Skoda right now. It has a good smooth nuetral feel on carpet. The Alfa seems almost to aggressive to me these days. For stock racing I would recommend the Skoda. It should be out early January. Also the old PF stratus works good.

highwayman-The -2 antidive/ 6 degre caster vs. 0 kick/4 degree caster keeps the front end flatter and it does not roll as much. It also gives you more onpower steering which both are needed on carpet.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

what would be some simple set up items for a tight carpet track? I'm talking about pivots, rc, springs, oil. I'm running 70 weight, purple back, black front, low rc, and 4f, 4r. I really want to be tighter, because i am always loose. I run red jaco rears, plaid front.
Old 12-27-2003, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the update Todd. Now if you can get down to R&D about that Mini XXX-S....

Anybody tried that Masda6 body yet? I need a replacement for my Altima. The front end really took a beating yesterday
Old 12-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know why, when I tighten down my right front tire really tight then turn the wheels it feels really choppy, like the diff needs to be rebuilt, but if I just back it off a little it feels smooth as butter? I first thought it was the diff and I thought it was REALLY jacked up, so I rebuilt it, then put the wheels back on and it was the same, then figured it was in the wheels somewhere and that's what I found.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
J
Old 12-27-2003, 10:04 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
Does anyone know why, when I tighten down my right front tire really tight then turn the wheels it feels really choppy, like the diff needs to be rebuilt, but if I just back it off a little it feels smooth as butter? I first thought it was the diff and I thought it was REALLY jacked up, so I rebuilt it, then put the wheels back on and it was the same, then figured it was in the wheels somewhere and that's what I found.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
J
Check the bearings lately?

I'd bet that one of them is not smooth, and has some crud in it. I had a similar problem once with my older chassis.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, it's one of the bearings... I didn't take the seal off of it, but I put it in cleaner then oiled it, still has some rough spots. Should I take the seal off and then clean it? I haven't had this problem before.

Thanks,
J
Old 12-28-2003, 12:47 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by JitsuGuy
Yeah, it's one of the bearings... I didn't take the seal off of it, but I put it in cleaner then oiled it, still has some rough spots. Should I take the seal off and then clean it? I haven't had this problem before.

Thanks,
J
Yeah, I'll take the shields off and run them in a sonic jewlery cleaner with some motor spray for a while. Blasting them with motor spray works too, but I'll still get more crud out afterwards with the jewlery cleaner.

Integy has a small cleaner too, Integy Sparkle - $20.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Adept

Todd,

i noticed that you ran a personal transponder on top of your servo at some stage! and i was just wondering, because i just got one, and i put it on the servo and everytime i turn the LED on the personal flickers slightly. at first i though it was from servo vibrations so i took it off the servo and tested it again and it still flickers when i turn even when its not on the servo, is this normal?

thanks
Old 12-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

also check to make sure you have a shim on the axle behind the cross pin. If not the wheel hexes can rub on the bearings, binding them up as well.

Anyone found a good carpet setup with rubber tires and a brushless? I've had an issue with mine and trying to keep the rear end planted enough under power.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lets' all post pictures of our Losi on this forum so we can all get new ideas for our own cars. I will post mine when I get a pic.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:07 AM
TLRacing

spenzalli-Yea Mini-XXX-S..that would be cool but there has been no talk of it.

Hixsy-I have never notice mine flickering. When you are at the track next time make sure you are getting strong hits on the computer. If not I would contact AMB about it and see what they have to say.

RC Driver Gary-Have you tried more antisquat yet? What oil/piston are you running right now?
Old 12-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone tell me how many teeth has a XXX-S and XXX-4 belt. Thx.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default SPOOL Still Binding

It seems my front Spool is still binding. It does not do it what so ever when wheels and tires are off ground and car, but with wheels and tires on and car off ground, front end is binding, chattering and not sounding good. Any more ideas on this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.