Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Tekin Hotwire 3.0 Bluetooth Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

I recently purchased 2 rsx pro and I have a new hotwire 3.0 the 3.0 works fine with all my rsx with 255 and 258 software but when connecting to the new rsx pro with 272 everything links up fine but it it will not bring up the menu to allow programing [t says it connected to speed control but will only show demo mode not the rsx 272 mode normally shown at top am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It depends on the radio. If you're a Futaba for example, the radio must be on and set to the car you're trying to adjust. This is due to Futaba grounding out the radio signal when the receiver doesn't have a signal from the transmitter. You can get around this if you unplug your ESC from the receiver if you chose to do so.

Looks like you may be onto something here.

Car #1 is using the older SR2000 (with the RS Gen2)
Car #2 is using the new SR215 (with the RS Spec Gen2)

I disconnected the RS Spec from the SR215 and the Bluetooth did bind and was able to read the ESC configuration on the RS Spec. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the RS Gen2 connected to the SR2000. Granted the ESC's are not exactly the same and it's way too much effort for me to switch ESC's and receivers to verify; but it does seem like the new generation Spektrum receivers may interfere in the same manner as Futaba.

Thank you for the assistance Randy. Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by firecat
I recently purchased 2 rsx pro and I have a new hotwire 3.0 the 3.0 works fine with all my rsx with 255 and 258 software but when connecting to the new rsx pro with 272 everything links up fine but it it will not bring up the menu to allow programing [t says it connected to speed control but will only show demo mode not the rsx 272 mode normally shown at top am I doing something wrong?
If this is a mobile app connection issue there are updates on both iOS and Android pushing out to fix this.

The 272 and RSX Pro should be fine via PC however.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:29 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Mahjik
Looks like you may be onto something here.

Car #1 is using the older SR2000 (with the RS Gen2)
Car #2 is using the new SR215 (with the RS Spec Gen2)

I disconnected the RS Spec from the SR215 and the Bluetooth did bind and was able to read the ESC configuration on the RS Spec. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the RS Gen2 connected to the SR2000. Granted the ESC's are not exactly the same and it's way too much effort for me to switch ESC's and receivers to verify; but it does seem like the new generation Spektrum receivers may interfere in the same manner as Futaba.

Thank you for the assistance Randy. Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Yup, sounds like it. The ESC's will act the same way, so I agree no need to swap 'em.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:06 PM
Owl
Tech Adept

The 3.0 Hotwire is BLE BlueTooth. So if you're phone has Bluetooth just pick up the 3.0 Hotwire
I suppose I should have made it clear that I have the older Tekin ESCs from 8-10 years ago.

Kinda off topic, but should I update these to the newest software since both the ESCs and Motors are so old? Has there been any issues with the old ESCs running the latest software?

Can I use a Tekin Pro4 HD with the old RX8/updated software?

While I'm at it I have one more issue I'm trying to troubleshoot. I have the RS and 17.5 Tekin in my 2wd. I'm not sure what happened but all the sudden there is no more punch, the throttle trigger feels super soft now. Its still super fast now the straight. Does this sound like a sensor wire? Or maybe it got too hot?

Thanks

Last edited by Owl; 03-29-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Team Tekin

You can update the older esc's up to certain points/levels. It's always best to do this. Download the software here: www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

Yes you can use the motor with the order Rx8, no worries.

Does the RS Sensor checker show the motor senor operating correctly? There's a "how to" video on our YouTube channel walking you through the test if you don't know how.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Owl
Tech Adept

You can update the older esc's up to certain points/levels. It's always best to do this. Download the software here: www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

Yes you can use the motor with the order Rx8, no worries.

Does the RS Sensor checker show the motor senor operating correctly? There's a "how to" video on our YouTube channel walking you through the test if you don't know how.
When you say certain points/levels, does this mean the software does this automatically? Meaning it will say the latest version, but some features will just be unavailable?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Owl
When you say certain points/levels, does this mean the software does this automatically? Meaning it will say the latest version, but some features will just be unavailable?

Thanks
Certain generations of ESC's will not be able to operate the very latest versions of the software. For example the Rx8 Gen1 cannot run 272 software. That will mean in some cases you may not have the very latest features the current generation is utilizing.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:02 AM
Owl
Tech Adept

What settings would you set in the ESC for the Pro4 HD 4300 with an old RX8 in a losi SCTE 4x4? I assume a 15/40 gearing.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Last (possible) issue. My phone shows that there is a Hotwire upgrade available. However, it fails every time I try to upgrade. It's show the Hotwire version at 3013. Is there a newer version available or should I just not worry about it? Thanks.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

There is the last screenshot showing the failure.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Team Tekin

Use a PC to update the Hotwire.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

The PC doesn't show the update (as I mentioned earlier). The main question is given the version of Hotwire, is there an actual update that I'm missing or is the mobile app just reporting an available update in error?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Owl
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Owl
What settings would you set in the ESC for the Pro4 HD 4300 with an old RX8 in a losi SCTE 4x4? I assume a 15/40 gearing.
Anyone?
Old 04-12-2019, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mahjik
The PC doesn't show the update (as I mentioned earlier). The main question is given the version of Hotwire, is there an actual update that I'm missing or is the mobile app just reporting an available update in error?

I don't see anywhere on the PC app where it shows updates for Hotwire, only the ESC. If you can point out where it would be, I can check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.