Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi ... can show me how to calculate the speed of the car from esc settings. i'm using the 119s Software hobywing....thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really hope that most of the posts about rpm and loggers and how to work out rpms and such are not coming from anyone who designs and engineers any product I use - it would be concerning!!

You can do all these calculations, but they are useless for any meaningful comparison. In order for any of this to help you do anything meaningful, your data has to include corner exit speeds, drag, cell condition and throttle position. Without that, motor speed is irrelevant. We are not trying to get the most out of the motor, we are trying to get the most out of the car. If winning was about getting the most out of the motor, the best software would win. LAst time I looked, the best driver's won.

I regularly manage to pass other competitors on the straight with a slower car because my entry speed and line to the last corner are better than theirs, and I get a better terminal speed. Knowing the motor speed has nothing to do with that, having a better chassis has everything to do with it. And that's before we add in drag (for each extra mph required, you require double the power needed to get the last mph) and cell performance and throttle position and tyre condition and...

Get real guys. All these things are a compromise to each other in order that the car gets around the lap in the fastest possible time. If you don't understand how the triangle of ratio, boost and turbo work, start there. If ever Hobbywing decide to give you all this paraphernalia, can they please have an option to not have it, so I can get my stuff cheaper, and use it to pay for more practice time at the track to improve my driving?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the guy doing the firmware said it could be done but has not because he knows its worthless.
there is only one guy wanting the rpm logger,anyone else that mentions it is just having a little fun at his expense.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
I really hope that most of the posts about rpm and loggers and how to work out rpms and such are not coming from anyone who designs and engineers any product I use - it would be concerning!!

You can do all these calculations, but they are useless for any meaningful comparison. In order for any of this to help you do anything meaningful, your data has to include corner exit speeds, drag, cell condition and throttle position. Without that, motor speed is irrelevant. We are not trying to get the most out of the motor, we are trying to get the most out of the car. If winning was about getting the most out of the motor, the best software would win. LAst time I looked, the best driver's won.

I regularly manage to pass other competitors on the straight with a slower car because my entry speed and line to the last corner are better than theirs, and I get a better terminal speed. Knowing the motor speed has nothing to do with that, having a better chassis has everything to do with it. And that's before we add in drag (for each extra mph required, you require double the power needed to get the last mph) and cell performance and throttle position and tyre condition and...

Get real guys. All these things are a compromise to each other in order that the car gets around the lap in the fastest possible time. If you don't understand how the triangle of ratio, boost and turbo work, start there. If ever Hobbywing decide to give you all this paraphernalia, can they please have an option to not have it, so I can get my stuff cheaper, and use it to pay for more practice time at the track to improve my driving?
Thank you for your post and i agree it takes more than just rpm of a motor it is setup of car ,tyres,track length,batteries and much much more I know irgo wants an rpm log within the esc but dont you think michael would have implemented it a long time ago if it was needed and worth the time .Rpm log is easy to design the software but there are other factors concerning michael like flash memory to store all this data the you get into multi level flash which is more expensive once again which sometimes is easily deleted from strong electric fields and heat do we really need this headache ?

Then it will be michaels fault for implementing the rpm log and temp log and so on and when the info all of sudden is lost then it's our fault and thats the reason why michael will not implemented it, the rpm log is easy to design but a headache to maintain.you get memory upsets and more .please someone correct me if im wrong i have studied alot of this but it has been a long time since ive opened a book .

When michael doesn't implement a feature in his software there must be a reason .
Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Thank you for your post and i agree it takes more than just rpm of a motor it is setup of car ,tyres,track length,batteries and much much more I know irgo wants an rpm log within the esc but dont you think michael would have implemented it a long time ago if it was needed and worth the time .Rpm log is easy to design the software but there are other factors concerning michael like flash memory to store all this data the you get into multi level flash which is more expensive once again which sometimes is easily deleted from strong electric fields and heat do we really need this headache ?

Then it will be michaels fault for implementing the rpm log and temp log and so on and when the info all of sudden is lost then it's our fault and thats the reason why michael will not implemented it, the rpm log is easy to design but a headache to maintain.you get memory upsets and more .please someone correct me if im wrong i have studied alot of this but it has been a long time since ive opened a book .

When michael doesn't implement a feature in his software there must be a reason .
Its been a while for me too but its sounds like things like processor speed, flash memory and then interference are all factors... obviously there is not enough on board memory to doing anything practical and with the sort of frequencies and information that needs to be dealt with controlling the motor there just wouldn't be "time" to do rpm logging as well

On a different question I have a 60A that I think my cat has "modified" by knocking it off the shelf where it was stored... it still takes software and all the setting can be changed etc but it doesn't drive the motor... resetting it to the radio etc makes no difference... as its long out of warranty I pulled it apart but can't see any obvious damage anywhere.... any ideas?

and now the really stupid question... I have an SP 1.1... could i take the controlled board from the 60A and mix it with the FET board of the SP 1.1 if that turns out to be the issue?
Old 06-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

fine, next is why i cannot import settings? instead export settings only???
Old 06-29-2011, 07:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
fine, next is why i cannot import settings? instead export settings only???
I think putting them on paper, and "importing" them by entering the values with the lcd box is a lot faster then hooking it up on a laptop...

Don't forget, you can save 3 different settings in the ESC itself!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys

Dont know if I put this in right part of forum but I was wondering if you could help looking for setting for xtreme stock with x12 13.5t running on tight 20x30mtr carpet track and fdr plz
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Yo, got an EZRUN. Keeps cutting out after 5mins.
Running 4600mah ni-mh batteries.
Only setting I don't understand is:
8) neutral range
9) timing
10) over heat protection is on
thanks

PS. 60a version 2 speed controller and 5.5t motor.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ian78
8) neutral range
9) timing
thanks

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...system-67.html
Old 06-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ian78
8) neutral range
9) timing
thanks

seems like a voltage cut off even though its only for lipo but five minutes sounds correct for the voltage to drop very quickly on your nimh battery especially running a 5.5T motor
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

What gearing are you running. Is the motor and or the esc really hot? Could be thermaling out.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any new software will come out sooner?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

hobbywing uk says 310 out but link not working
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Hobbywing Software V 1.63 (110310) (310) ------> http://www.hobbywing.....63_110310.rar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.