R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #991
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most of it. What exactly r u looking for there?

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #992
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hobbypartz.com has good and inexpensive reliable ESC and motors.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #993
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL3xGR View Post
Reverse throttle from transmitter,recalibrate your ESC and switch any 2 motor wires.
Thanks, but still getting solid red and blinking green leds when I move from reverse to forward.
neoxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #994
Tech Rookie

just ordered ezrun 9t motor,a turnigy 35a esc hope it works or i am going to shit brickswell i also order a lipo and charger+lots of other stuff does any one know how to set up a esc without a program card the program card was like 8 dollarsthey are mad
neilbooth125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #995
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you should have just gotten the ezrun combo

I think you can set up with the button on the esc, but its like using morse code or something.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #996
Tech Adept

Wink

It's not quite hard.Just follow the instructions step by step.At first read them and then try to do each step according to them.(read them one time to get the general idea)
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #997
Tech Rookie

haha i wanted to get the combo but i couldnt find it so i had to get the turnigy esc and ezrun motor
Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #998
Tech Rookie

but isnt the turnigy esc same as ezrun just rebranded
Old 06-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #999
Tech Adept

Yes.Also the same for Yeah Racing.
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #1000
Tech Rookie

just as a matter of interest where is the cheapest palce to buy an ezrun 9t combo
Old 07-12-2011, 05:22 AM   #1001
Tech Rookie

hey guys i got my partz they are awsome on my tt01 haha but the gears are eaten and the bushers ordering new partz on ebay soon im putting on different gearing
Old 09-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #1002
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Regarding Brushless Upgrade

Hi Guys!

Im kinda new to the R/C World and I wanted to know if I could upgrade my
"Team Associated RC10T3 RTR" < Kinda Old but a Gift. With this:

"EZRUN Brushless System Combo B4 w/ 60A ESC and [email protected] 3650-size Brushless Motor for 1/12,1/10 off-road racing for experienced drivers"

Cant post a URL Yet but its the Brushless Upgrade in "nitrorcx.com" for 85 bucks.

My Truck has right now from over Stock..
1.- Team Losi Shock Absorbers.
2.- Titanium Tie Rods.
3.- 17 Turn "Race Prep" Brushed Motor (Stock ESC No Overheating)
4.- Team Prep wheels.

2 Packs of 2000mAh NiMh Batteries Run the Truck but they are very old and doesnt hold up charge anymore so im planning to Upgrade to a pair of LiPo 5000mAh with the Brushless System..

The Thing is I dont know if my Tranny will hold up with the 5.5 Turn Brushless 6000KV Engine, I have read somewhere that it worked with a 8.5 Turn 5000KV Motor but I needed to loose the Diff a little.

The Stock Tranny is 2.40:1 FYI, I dont know if its important.

So in Short I wanted to know if by controlling my launches (No Full Throttle) then Accelerate to Max Speed My tranny could hold up, Im aiming at RAW Speed nothing more so Torque is Not needed..

Thanks for Any Replys and Im excited to Join the R/C World...
Skirmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #1003
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm having some issues with my 35A eZRun V2 ESC that I can't seem to figure out. The ESC is installed in my 2.2 crawler running a Holmes Hobbies Revolver Black Outrunner, 2S 1300mah 40C lipo and FlySky GT-3b radio and receiver.

I'm having issues when going from reverse into forward. It can take 5 or 6 seconds for the ESC to go ahead and go into forward from reverse. I can see the red light on the ESC come on and have reprogrammed the ESC SEVERAL times. I have also verified the settings with my program card to make sure that it was in "rock crawling" mode and was set for forward to reverse with no delay. I have tried changing the direction in my radio from REV to FOR and reprogrammed. I get the same issue, but this time in reverse.

I initially thought that the problem was due to my servo (Savox SC-0251). I had been running a Novak Glitch Buster, but recently installed a Turnigy 8A UBEC, thinking that the servo was pulling too much power from the ESC's BEC. This has not fixed the issue.

I stumbled across a post from another site where someone had a similar problem. They said that they believed the issue is because the ESC "does not like the control frame period of 16ms". This person was using a GiantCOD 4CH system. I have a feeling that this may be in the same family as my FlySky. I am going to try and locate my old 75mhz AM radio and receiver to see if this clears up the problem.

***EDIT***

Did a bit of checking and it appears that my FlySky radio has a 14ms control frame rate, which is even lower than what the person I quoted had. This may be my issue.

Anyone have any other ideas?
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #1004
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72 View Post
I'm having some issues with my 35A eZRun V2 ESC that I can't seem to figure out. The ESC is installed in my 2.2 crawler running a Holmes Hobbies Revolver Black Outrunner, 2S 1300mah 40C lipo and FlySky GT-3b radio and receiver.

I'm having issues when going from reverse into forward. It can take 5 or 6 seconds for the ESC to go ahead and go into forward from reverse. I can see the red light on the ESC come on and have reprogrammed the ESC SEVERAL times. I have also verified the settings with my program card to make sure that it was in "rock crawling" mode and was set for forward to reverse with no delay. I have tried changing the direction in my radio from REV to FOR and reprogrammed. I get the same issue, but this time in reverse.

I initially thought that the problem was due to my servo (Savox SC-0251). I had been running a Novak Glitch Buster, but recently installed a Turnigy 8A UBEC, thinking that the servo was pulling too much power from the ESC's BEC. This has not fixed the issue.

I stumbled across a post from another site where someone had a similar problem. They said that they believed the issue is because the ESC "does not like the control frame period of 16ms". This person was using a GiantCOD 4CH system. I have a feeling that this may be in the same family as my FlySky. I am going to try and locate my old 75mhz AM radio and receiver to see if this clears up the problem.

***EDIT***

Did a bit of checking and it appears that my FlySky radio has a 14ms control frame rate, which is even lower than what the person I quoted had. This may be my issue.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Your issue is related to your radio flysky which they tried to copy the old technology of futaba's first 4pk which futaba changed in a newer version .The hobbywing esc will not work with flysky's technology well it will work but the delay will always be there .See hobbywing designed a patch file to fix the futaba issue.but we cannot do anything about the flysky it is what it is.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #1005
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, this patch that is out there for the Futaba issue won't clear up my issues with the Flysky? I did verify last night that it indeed is an issue with my radio. I swapped out the Flysky with my old Futaba 2PL 75mhz AM radio and receiver and had ZERO issues. Looks like I might have to use two radios until someone comes out with a fix. I'm hoping PSX in the GT3B thread find a way to change the frame rate on the Flysky with modded firmware soon. Maybe that will take care of it.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote