Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
I had a look at the SP site in their 'setups' section. For a large track they recommend 6.3-6.5 FDR for 17.5 boosted.... Thats one slow car! I use 6.0 on small tracks... Been down under 5.0 for larger tracks.

Is their software the same? Seems it may have more timing (Despite the same number of STEPS) available based on these FDR's
With the latest FW 211 I had to further increase the FDR with Novak 17.5, are increased up to 6.9 FDR on medium track (straight 30 meters) with very good results concerning speed and temperature.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'll try higher ratio's then.

Though in the past they have been too slow. Do you guys use much motor timing? I'm not familiar with the Duo1 so comparing that does not help... I have run the Duo2 & Duo3

Recently ran the summer nats (Fairy Meadow) with 5.4 fdr seemed to work nicely. I dont have another race for about 3 weeks but it will be good to try these things. No permanent track locally does not help.

Have not played too much with this software but just noting my observation that that high of a ratio would lack top end.

Cant wait to try!

Cheers
Old 05-09-2011, 01:11 AM
NTS
Tech Initiate

Default High speed brake problem...

Originally Posted by Benzaah
We have a local racer ( hi MIke) who always complains about poor brakes. Novak motors are prone to having poor brakes. Im not sure about the X12 as hardly anyone runs them here but do yourself a favour and get a D3 motor and you will have more brakes than you know what to do with. I have mines set at 100 on esc and 75% on transmitter and that is more than enough.
Benzaah,

The D3 does sound like a good motor and may well have stronger brakes but my complaint is with the delay in the braking effect from high speed and not the overall power. This delay effect is the same with the X12 and the Novak SS so I'm guessing its an ESC issue. The brakes were very good on the X12 with my previous SXX StockSpec ESC and perfectly adequate with the SS.

Thank you for the D3 tip though as I have been considering a new motor for more speed

Nick
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Nick,

At Aldershot i had no brakes with 100% EPA on TX but as soon as i turned the EPA down to 80% i instantly had good brakes
Old 05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
NTS
Tech Initiate

Hi Mike,

Fancy seeing you here. I'll try the EPA at 80%, did you re-calibrate afterwards or just run it like that?

Nick
Old 05-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone happen to have a setup with a 17.5t x12 on a medium track? Use the search and returned no results. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Anyone happen to have a setup with a 17.5t x12 on a medium track? Use the search and returned no results. Thanks.
Run the x12 on the 2 dot timing and reduce boost and turbo by 10 overall from a duo type set up.

Eg drrs 8
start rpm 4000
boost 36
turbo 18
delay 0.2
turbo ramp 18
timing acc 300

X12 have a lot of guts and do like temps in the 90's.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Sometimes when you think you have no brakes it is actually the brakes locking up on you and your car sliding instead of stopping. I have run all the software since 518 and have found the transition from on throttle to brakes the best on the new 211 software. I really liked the 1224 software and thought that it is slightly faster than 211 but with higher temps and not as nice brakes. i can handle a little less speed as it helps lap times along the way.

As for the Duo motors the Duo 1 was a beast of a motor and the quality of the magnets in these motors was very high. This quality of magnet seems to have degraded over the releases although they seem to have it sorted again with the D3. This could also be the quality of the epoxy's they are using on the motors now and being able to handle all the extra timing we are throwing at them.

I ALWAYS run a little bit of motor timing. Not too much usually around the 1st tick is a good spot. Motors do not quite sing like they do when you have a touch of motor timing added. If you have a motor dyno handy you are looking for around 2250kv at 1 amp draw and around 19500 rpm. If you stick to a tuner like Express you will get great numbers and i have found some Fantom motors to be in this league also. Sp motors get similar kv and amp ratings but with lower rpm at around 18500 rpm and ballistic motors around 19000. I have most of my Duo motors dyno'd to the above figure and have no problems changing my motors and keeping the speed control settings the same. Great for big events when you dont have time to have a practice run and you are running some what on the edge of destruction.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just to let all of you know the following motors of the xerun series are now roar approved and listed in on roar's website

21.5T
17.5T
13.5T
11.5T
10.5T
8.5T
6.5T
5.5T
4.5T
3.5T

1/8TH SCALE 2000KV AND 2250KV

All motors are approved in the blue and Grey versions.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php

thank you guys for all your support .

regards Angelo
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
ezrun no ,software for 5.5T on 120amp xerun run 528 mod .
Thank you...i got the esc set to 528 but do i need to do anything for the 2-in-1 box? Seriously, i am lost whether i do an upgrade in the 2-in-1 tab and what version should be used? I downloaded v1.63 and given a few choices in the 2-in-1 tab. Thanks for any assistance rendered here.

Regards,
T
Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sLowHoG
Thank you...i got the esc set to 528 but do i need to do anything for the 2-in-1 box? Seriously, i am lost whether i do an upgrade in the 2-in-1 tab and what version should be used? I downloaded v1.63 and given a few choices in the 2-in-1 tab. Thanks for any assistance rendered here.

Regards,
T
I will sort it out for you im getting on a flight now back to Australia so give me 24 hours and i will reply to you .

regards Angelo
Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

More good news all the xerun esc's have now been granted Roar approval running the 508 zero timing software .

please see the roar link list below

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

regards Angelo
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

More good news all the xerun esc's have now been granted Roar approval running the 508 zero timing software .

please see the roar link list below

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

regards Angelo
This is very good news!!! Thanks Angelo
Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 AM
NTS
Tech Initiate

Default High speed brake problem...

Originally Posted by NTS
Hello,

I'm running the Xtreme stock in 13.5 touring. First time out on friday night and generally the ESC went very well, the car was quick enough and the temps reasonable so still has potential to go quicker. The issue I did have was a distinct lack of brakes from high speed, basically hit the brake at the end of the straight and no response. Once the car had coasted down a bit the brakes seemed to come in and were strong enough to stop reasonably quickly. This is also apparent on the bench with a delay in braking from high speed.

Tried various settings and two different motors as a club mate said he had seen the same issue with a Speed Passion ProStock / X12 combination.

30m x 15m carpet track

Software 211
LRP x12 13.5 (-10 insert)
fdr 7.25
1. Running Mode = Fwd / Brake
2. Drag Brake = 0%
3. Low Voltage = 3.0v
4. Start Mode = Level 4
5. Max Brake = 100%
6. Max Reverse = 100%
7. Initial Brake = 0%
8. Neutral Range = 6%
9. Boost Timing = 34
10. Turbo Slope = 18
11. Over-heat = On
12. Turbo Timing = 0 (yes zero)
13. Boost Start RPM = 6000
14. Turbo Delay = 0.4s
15. Timing Punch = 450 rpm/deg

Also tried with Novak SS 13.5 with the following changes:

9. Boost Timing = 44
12. Turbo Timing = 20
13. Boost Start RPM = 3000
14. Turbo Delay = 0.3s

Both motors had good speed and reasonable temps, smooth and nice to drive with the exception of the poor brakes.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing differently?

Cheers,

Nick
Originally Posted by Benzaah
Sometimes when you think you have no brakes it is actually the brakes locking up on you and your car sliding instead of stopping. I have run all the software since 518 and have found the transition from on throttle to brakes the best on the new 211 software. I really liked the 1224 software and thought that it is slightly faster than 211 but with higher temps and not as nice brakes. i can handle a little less speed as it helps lap times along the way.
Benzaah,

Thank you for the thought and I know what you mean about locking wheels making the braking seem poor but that clearly isn't my current problem as the car doesn't slow at all when the brakes are first applied. If I was locking the wheels the car would react and dip as the brakes were applied but then not slow very quickly due to the slide. I can also replicate the braking hessitation from high speed on the bench where locked wheels would be obvious.

I have a few things to try suggested by others so I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 05-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NTS
Benzaah,

Thank you for the thought and I know what you mean about locking wheels making the braking seem poor but that clearly isn't my current problem as the car doesn't slow at all when the brakes are first applied. If I was locking the wheels the car would react and dip as the brakes were applied but then not slow very quickly due to the slide. I can also replicate the braking hessitation from high speed on the bench where locked wheels would be obvious.

I have a few things to try suggested by others so I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Nick
I would try more initial brake as a solution as well. I would also never bench test from full throttle to full brake unless you want to grenade a motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.