Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenryC
The local track runs World GT with 13.5 motors, 1S LiPo and ESC blinky mode. I smoked my Tekin last night so I thought I would try a Hobbywing 1S mainly because it has a built in DC/DC booster and some of the other local drivers seem to love it. I installed it today and it works just fine when loaded with either the STOCK or MOD software version. When I loaded the "V3_508_NO timing" sofware (blinky mode), when the ESC is turned on it gives me the 2 beep input voltage warning and the motor will not run. This is with a freshly charged 1S LiPo (double checked and it is at 4.2V). The ESC will not even talk to the program box in order to revert to another software load. I had to hook up a 2S LiPo in order to make any changes. Switch back to the STOCK or MOD software version and everything is OK. Switch back to blinky and same problem. I tried dropping the low voltage cut-off down to 2.6V, same problem. The only way it will work is if I set the low voltage cut-off to Non_protected, which the Hobbywing site recommends not doing with lithium batteries.

Anybody had this same experience? If so, got a solution?

Thanks,

Henry
i dont think hobbywing relised the number of cars that would use blinky and this oversight is supposed to have a fix this week if you read back this is on the forum.

time my friend ..weve been using a stop watch for over 2 months now so it is managable.
run 3 minutes practise and asses the charge required to get back to fully charged not a good fix but its all ive got except a noisy battery alert( aerploane style) hope that help but im sure Cobra will ensure that we get the product support we need
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default like i said the fix is due soon

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
ill try and get the cut off fixed for the zero timing software blinky as you guys call it this week coming.
due this week
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

The 508 zero timing for the 1s lipo cut off has been fixed

Please email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

so i can send you guys the files and give you and how to load the files to your pc .

You must have usb version 1.64 for it to work, this is the new v1.65 usb but the name for now wont change it will still stay as V1.64 its just a fix for the zero timing 1s lipo cut off .we will upgrade the version number soon .

regards Angelo

Last edited by COBRARACING; 04-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
i dont think hobbywing relised the number of cars that would use blinky and this oversight is supposed to have a fix this week if you read back this is on the forum.

time my friend ..weve been using a stop watch for over 2 months now so it is managable.
run 3 minutes practise and asses the charge required to get back to fully charged not a good fix but its all ive got except a noisy battery alert( aerploane style) hope that help but im sure Cobra will ensure that we get the product support we need
To fix this you will have to hook the esc up to a 2 cell (7.4v), the programmer box and the pc. Set the voltage cutoff to no protection. Then the esc will work. You will not be able to install software until you do this. After that it will work on a 1 cell without a problem. Even when you get the new software I think this will be necessary the first time.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

will the new speed control be on the roar list soon?
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

With the new firmware, will/are there going to be protection functions in relation to the motor temps that it can log?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Cobra, where i can buy the v3 esc? Was there any distributor for asian country??
Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ESC Fan not working

Hi,

i need some help here. I have a XeRun 120A but the fan was sort of melted in the base and popped off. I know the temp was as high as 80C but i had the over-heat protection on, anyways, the fan wasn't working anymore so i put in another identical fan from my other XeRun 120A, now it doesn't spin anymore.

Other than the fan, everything works fine, so is my ESC smoked? any idea how to make the fan spinning again?

thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

check to see if there is any voltage coming from the fan plug on the esc if there isnt you hav broken something internally. if there is its a broken fan. if its tye esc just wire the fan up to the pos and neg wires to the battery then it will come on when you plug the battery in. hope that makes sense
Old 04-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scytherat
check to see if there is any voltage coming from the fan plug on the esc if there isnt you hav broken something internally. if there is its a broken fan. if its tye esc just wire the fan up to the pos and neg wires to the battery then it will come on when you plug the battery in. hope that makes sense
thanks for the reply.

just one more thing, the fan is rated as 5V but the lipo is 7.4v, would there be any damage to the fan?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hugobox2003
thanks for the reply.

just one more thing, the fan is rated as 5V but the lipo is 7.4v, would there be any damage to the fan?
The fan rated at 5V can accept more, but the power on the ESC fan port comes from the BEC so between 5V and 6V.

If there isn't power coming from this port now, you should buy a 8.4V fan (wired on the Batt ports on the ESC).
Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FFred
The fan rated at 5V can accept more, but the power on the ESC fan port comes from the BEC so between 5V and 6V.

If there isn't power coming from this port now, you should buy a 8.4V fan (wired on the Batt ports on the ESC).

I am pretty sure the HW ESC fan connector is direct to the battery, and does not go through the BEC.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM
lip
Tech Regular

CRC: any idea when you will have a bit better of a selection of motors from hobbywing?
Also, will you be offering a discount if you buy a programmer with a motor and a V3?

Cobra: any other places to buy V3 and motor/programmer in North America if CRC doesn't plan on carrying motors soon?

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default lip

lip, falconsekido.com is the only u.s distributer listed on hw website, there prices are good , and ship fast....
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nazman01
lip, falconsekido.com is the only u.s distributer listed on hw website, there prices are good , and ship fast....
V3 price was high but now they looked like they lowered it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.