Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with my ESC. It turns on just fine, but the motor doesn't move and it does not make any sound when setting it up (setting endpoints). Lights do turn on when I apply full throttle and brakes.

I hooked up the motor to another ESC and motor checker and it works fine.

Where do I send the ESC for repair??

Thanks.
If you are using 1s battery try it with a 2s battery.
don't forget to calibrate radio to esc.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
KJR
Tech Rookie

Default Delay in obtaining full throttle

I've noticed a problem with my 1s esc. There is a delay between putting the throttle stick to full and the speed control delivering full throttle. On the track this translates to roughly three metres before the car begins to accelerate properly when moving off from a standing start. Slow down too much and you notice it again but if you keep it rolling it doesn't seems too bad although I'm not convinced I'm always getting full throttle. On the bench there is a noticeable step after putting the stick to full throttle and if you watch the led to signify full throttle there is again a delay between putting the stick to full and the led going solid.

So far I've tried, different motor, different sensor wire, recalibrated to the transmitter, different receiver, blinky software and mod software all with no difference.Changed the neutral width from 6% to 9% and 12 % and also changed from fwd/rev/brk to just fwd/brk. Recalibrated the speed control after each change and no joy. Thought I'd made a school boy error and it was linked to the -10% expo I had on the throttle but no difference after removing that one either. Interestingly if I connect a 2s lipo there is no problem.

I'm running a Sanwa Super Exzes with Spektrum module, LRP X11 10.5 motor or LRP Vector K4 13.5 motor, SMC 5350 50C 1S Lipo, Power cap fitted to receiver and a Savox 1258 servo.

I've attached pictures of the settings on the speedo and there is a link below to a demonstration of the problem on you tube. Just discovered I've not posted enough to be able to link but if you fill in the blanks you should be able to get it.

Help the speed control is only two weeks old and I've runout of ideas.

Kenneth

youtube.com/watch?v=1-i2xGZfWTU&context=C3025b80ADOEgsToPDskKjSVkfQLLY9W ehmFbqEaWG
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hobbywing1.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hobbywing2-.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hobbywing3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KJR
I've noticed a problem with my 1s esc. There is a delay between putting the throttle stick to full and the speed control delivering full throttle. On the track this translates to roughly three metres before the car begins to accelerate properly when moving off from a standing start. Slow down too much and you notice it again but if you keep it rolling it doesn't seems too bad although I'm not convinced I'm always getting full throttle. On the bench there is a noticeable step after putting the stick to full throttle and if you watch the led to signify full throttle there is again a delay between putting the stick to full and the led going solid.

So far I've tried, different motor, different sensor wire, recalibrated to the transmitter, different receiver, blinky software and mod software all with no difference.Changed the neutral width from 6% to 9% and 12 % and also changed from fwd/rev/brk to just fwd/brk. Recalibrated the speed control after each change and no joy. Thought I'd made a school boy error and it was linked to the -10% expo I had on the throttle but no difference after removing that one either. Interestingly if I connect a 2s lipo there is no problem.

I'm running a Sanwa Super Exzes with Spektrum module, LRP X11 10.5 motor or LRP Vector K4 13.5 motor, SMC 5350 50C 1S Lipo, Power cap fitted to receiver and a Savox 1258 servo.

I've attached pictures of the settings on the speedo and there is a link below to a demonstration of the problem on you tube. Just discovered I've not posted enough to be able to link but if you fill in the blanks you should be able to get it.

Help the speed control is only two weeks old and I've runout of ideas.

Kenneth

youtube.com/watch?v=1-i2xGZfWTU&context=C3025b80ADOEgsToPDskKjSVkfQLLY9W ehmFbqEaWG
two things i want you to do

1.change the servo (if you have one )

2.remove the cap from the receiver

3.run a reciever pack for your testing as a booster .

once you do that please post a simple report on your findings.

I have a feeling your servo is drawing way to much current as the savox is known to do that cause a small delay within the reciever which drops the bec voltage to levels were a glitch will be present and so do the ace servos as ive had another issue with someone else running a savox in 1s mode and he had the same issue .

please let me know

regards Angelo
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
two things i want you to do

1.change the servo (if you have one )

2.remove the cap from the receiver

3.run a reciever pack for your testing as a booster .

once you do that please post a simple report on your findings.

I have a feeling your servo is drawing way to much current as the savox is known to do that cause a small delay within the reciever which drops the bec voltage to levels were a glitch will be present and so do the ace servos as ive had another issue with someone else running a savox in 1s mode and he had the same issue .

please let me know

regards Angelo
Angelo, Just tossing this in there as well. I believe that is the problem he is having, i had the same issue with my 1s speedo and Savox servo, the problems went away when i switched to futaba, Havent had any glitches since, and its been about 5 months now running in modified 12th scale with it. hope this helps out some! -Randy
Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Remember on thing. You get what you pay for. These are cheap speed controls so I would not expect a lot from them. If something seems to good to be true it probably is.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martin660
Remember on thing. You get what you pay for. These are cheap speed controls so I would not expect a lot from them. If something seems to good to be true it probably is.
you do realize that HobbyWIng designed the speed passion GT series right? and that the xerun v2.1 is the same price in the US as a speed passion GT 2.1 (129.99) and i have never had a problem with them unless using a savox servo with 1 cell classes. I push mine litterally to the limit with a 4turn modified setup with boost on a weekly basis in TC on a decent sized track and have done so for about 3 months now and have yet to have a glitch in TC. I would do some good hard reading before posting comments like that not trying to be hostile, just stating my finding about the HobbyWing line of speedos.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

In life you get what you pay for. If you want to run a cheap ESC and replace them often or you can pay more and get a quality speed control. Seen way to many Speed Passion's and Hobby Wing products go up in smoke at our local track. I know we like to keep the cost of the hobby low put in my opinion you get what you pay for. If something seem to good to be true it usually is.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wall Banger
If you are using 1s battery try it with a 2s battery.
don't forget to calibrate radio to esc.
This was with the Xtreme Stock Spec Esc. Using 2s lipo...
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

In life you get what you pay for. If you want to run a cheap ESC and replace them often or you can pay more and get a quality speed control. Seen way to many Speed Passion's and Hobby Wing products go up in smoke at our local track. I know we like to keep the cost of the hobby low put in my opinion you get what you pay for. If something seem to good to be true it usually is.
I'm guessing tekin fanboy
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM
lip
Tech Regular

I don't know...Hobbywing seem to make a great product...
HPI, Orion, Speedpassion, amoung other vendors seem to think so as they brand label Hobbywing...
As well, I only see positive things about the product from casual users.

Main issue I see with Hobbywing is their localized support and their new decision to price themselves in the upper tier with some of their new products...but that's a different topic that we won't go into again....
Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
Guys,

No where has Cobra said you won't be able to purchase online, and from chatting with him last week that isn't going to be the case.

What won't be happening is blatent undercutting of the price by online stores, with certain companies simply out to make everything they can for themselves. If that means there is going to be an increase in price, so be it, but the v3 will be very competitively priced on the market, and for what you get, it will still offer fantastic value.
(and has been mentioned, for the those on a budget, the v2.1 is still being offered).

In terms of the business situation, there has been discussion that I've been privy too over the TITC, and certainly appears that there has been some growing pains for the company, with certain organisations not fufillfing their obligations. However, that is part of the growing pains of any company. To put it this way... where was the HW brand 5years ago? Look at it now as way of comparison.

I know it's not so much the case in Europe and USA, but HW is massive in Asia, and the TITC is a massive event out here. Being a title sponsor out here, and with a big presence in the pits, it's very hard to miss the company, and everything it is doing to promote itself.

As Lip has mentioned, presence at meeting's takes time and money, but the fact that their seems to be people demanding it, and with the positive steps such as CRC in the USA, to me this says HW is already a success (see the 5year comment above!). Simples.

Obviously, the next trick is to build on that success, and I don't doubt it will. It might not happen as fast as some seem to want (what in this world of instant gratification these days), but you can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time... and it'll happen...

Regards
Ed
I think there has to be an understanding that just because you have the best technology, it does not mean you will get the sales you want.
It's great to hear they are doing great in Asia but in North America no one knows about them other than from this forum...

I'll be picking up a V3 as I can afford it and I like to be a little different but I'm afraid if they go down the path of using sales agents or others to do their marketing, they will fail. They can use this as a preliminary step to going full on with a big marketing push themselves and setting up shop in Europe and North America but if they only market and offer support through others it will be hard for them.

Regardless, I am getting sick of waiting for this...release the bl**dy thing!!!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 21.5T HW motor

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, is the HW 21.5T with its fixed timing set at 0 deg?
thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

thats were your wrong .i dont agree with you there sorry .
Old 03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
you do realize that HobbyWIng designed the speed passion GT series right? and that the xerun v2.1 is the same price in the US as a speed passion GT 2.1 (129.99) and i have never had a problem with them unless using a savox servo with 1 cell classes. I push mine litterally to the limit with a 4turn modified setup with boost on a weekly basis in TC on a decent sized track and have done so for about 3 months now and have yet to have a glitch in TC. I would do some good hard reading before posting comments like that not trying to be hostile, just stating my finding about the HobbyWing line of speedos.
Which Savox servos? and why does it happen?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
thats were your wrong .i dont agree with you there sorry .
Just let the haters do the hating, seeing this guy on another thread hating on other products with no actual point of argument or evidence leads me to think not to take him for serious. Ofcourse we get what we pay for, what isn't factored in is the markup from the actual cost of manufacturing. Everyone who has purchased a hobbywing or hw based product will know we probably got a sweet deal and got more than what we paid for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.