Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Is the v3 going to come with everything to program it wireless eg iPhone or will you need to purchase it seperately? Cause at $195 I would buy it, but not if I needed to spend another $30 to buy a wireless programming module.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since we have all seen the pictures .. can someone list the dimensions of the V3 without the fan?
Old 02-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big paul
I have been following this thread for some time.When the v3 was first mentioned it was going to be 15 to 20% price rise from the v2.1. The 2.1 is £85= $125 so $195 is a massive difference and I for one will not be spending my cash on it and would not have waited 6 months for the release
BY the way the hobby industry in the uk see $195 then charge us £195 so it will be a huge increase.
All i ask is this dont judge the unit until you physically see it as well as the amazing software that i cannot reveal at the moment.

You guys talk about orion and sp who you think designs and manfactures it?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Will we EVER be able to use LVC in blinky mode with the 1S speedo?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Angelo, I have both e-mailed you and posted on here without reply on the question of Uk representation for HW. Let me not be polite...

RacersinExile have taken people's money on the promise that they would get a 'reserved' v3 speedo. Like many others, I have placed an order and paid for a v3. Now, even you are saying that you have not heard from Stuart for months. It doesn't seem likely that any of us will get our speed control.

GiantCod on the other hand are an excellent dealer with great service and prompt shipment. HW have decided they cannot stock the v2.1 or v3 speedos because...? I don't know, but you have taken the agency away from a good supply source, and a company who have a great reputation.

Perhaps that is clear enough for you to understand that the bad guy is Stuart, that he has taken money and apparently disappeared, and we are wondering not just how we get our money back, but where we will buy a v3 in the UK. Personally, I cannot expect you or HW will compensate me for an order you had nothing to do with. However, if you are serious about help, then either find Stuart and get us an assurance he will supply us with speedos we have paid for, or find the UK an agent who will stock product and supply us. Is that clear enough?

Looking forward to your reply, but on past form, more in hope than expectation.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Oh dear, was looking forward to the V3, HW has a massive presence in the UK racing scene, due to a brilliant product at a price that has been affordable for everyone.
As stated a minimum USD195 will mean £195 UK price. more than double the extreme stock price.
New Speed Passion £70! they are looking to take the drivers away from HW

No doubt it will be a brilliant ESC - but you may well start losing the support you have gained.

Also sounds like a bit of price fixing which is a no no in the UK if proved

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 02-21-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Speed Passion price entered
Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default hw xerun 120a 1s advise

hello Hobbywing. i just brought a xerun 120a 1s esc speed control that i have set up in a 1/12th scale pan car. i am new to the electric side of radio control so i really have no clue to what iam doing with esc i also have the 2 in 1 program box. iam running a revtech 17.5 motor and a revtech 6200 mah 70c 1s lipo battery. i went in with the program box and down loaded some firmware to it not sure of what was the right version i want to set every thing back to factory setting and start over what do i need to do to do that to the 2 in1 box and the esc. plus i need help to understand programing and how do you know what the profile of each version. if you search the different post i have been asking for help with this esc. everyone where i will be racing uses either tekin or lrp so its hard to get the help, so maybe if i reach out to Hw i can get better feedback before i just decide to go with one of the other esc.

thanks in advance for all the help
Old 02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Its a shame this thread seems to be turning into a bashing thread for the new V3 unit before it has even been launch.

I am a dedicated user here in the UK with over 8 units in different types cars. I hope the V3 unit will be released very soon so people have something else to talk about other than the wait or cost as it appears to be generating allot of negative press for all of there products.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Xerun Programming #s 13 and 15 are greyed out-why?

How do i fix that as i cant change boost start rpm or boost timing acceleration

I have uploaded latest 2n1 programmer and esc software and downloaded to esc

Thanks !
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Xerun Programming #s 9 boost timing only goes to 16 instead of 0-64

and #12 turbo timing only goes to 20 instead of 0-40

thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=cota4rt;10363305]How do i fix that as i cant change boost start rpm or boost timing acceleration

I have uploaded latest 2n1 programmer and esc software and downloaded to esc

Thanks ![/QUOTE

Nevermind I just loaded "stock" software instead of "MOD" and it opened everything up. Silly me thinking "mod" would mean everything could be modified! lol
Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

I don't think anyone is bashing the V3. Just at that price point it must be an amazing speedo. It is the most expensive ESC on the market, I can't wait to see all the extra features it must have.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
I don't think anyone is bashing the V3. Just at that price point it must be an amazing speedo. It is the most expensive ESC on the market, I can't wait to see all the extra features it must have.
Actually it is not. The Advanced Electronics black diamond is as it comes in at nearly $400 street price and only have 5 pre set profiles including a blinky one. No where near as adjustable. The tekin rs pro is $210 new street price. Im sure there are many more. Hobbywing has great products, just wait and see how this one turns out, not bad at all im sure. I know ill be ordering one after i have seen it in action a couple of times. The price is still yet very competitive. I do like how the power switch is directly on the speedo, no more turning off in hard crashes and side swipes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default The differences

Hi i am new to EP and have SP GT2.0 esc and was wondering what is the big advantage between the HW supercharged software and my current 323 stock program i am using at the moment ?

thanks in advance
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi i am new to EP and have SP GT2.0 esc and was wondering what is the big advantage between the HW supercharged software and my current 323 stock program i am using at the moment ?

thanks in advance
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.