Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
How long until I can hand someone a fist full of money for a v3? I don't care about stupid politics, I want a new ESC.
Become a team driver....
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All

I posted the question below in the off road section but no one seems to be able to chip in so thought i'd try this thread

Im having a problem with my EZrun 5.5 combo that has upuntil this point always ran cool as has the motor, its running in 1/10 buggy and has been running fine until the last couple of meetings where it keeps cutting out after about 4 minutes to 5 minutes and means i dont finish the heat. The motor and ESC now feel warmer than before even though the wether is colder.

Its not thermalling as the green LED isnt flashing and after about a minute it will work again or sometimes if i spin the rear wheels by hand. Its amost like its failsafe mode as the steering is still working ok

I've tried rebinding and resetting and stil the same, also differnet radio and reciveer and a spektrum cap but still does it. The battery voltage is about 7.6v when it does stop.

Hav also tried turning off the LVC - no improvement. the only other thing i can think off is if one of the capcitors has gone down but i cant find a spare part in the UK for this.

Or would an external BEC (not exactly sure how this works) be my next option otherwise i have to decide whether to get another ezrun combo or a 60A xerun instead to run with my 5.5 motor

My other question is regarding the Xerun 60a for 2wd buggy. I can afford to buy this version but not the 120a will it be ok with my 5.5t motor in std software mode or i have the option to run an 8.5t sensored motor - if i use this does anyone have any idea of the software version i should use, FDR and what boost, timing and turbo settings would be good.

The track in the Uk we run on has a 40m straight and the 5.5t is fast enough so looking for some settings for 8.5t with boost that would give similar performance.

Thanks in advance

Lunie
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Software & Settings

post which to use for 17.5 and 2s LiPo in WGT 10 chassis please
Old 10-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
Hi All

I posted the question below in the off road section but no one seems to be able to chip in so thought i'd try this thread

Im having a problem with my EZrun 5.5 combo that has upuntil this point always ran cool as has the motor, its running in 1/10 buggy and has been running fine until the last couple of meetings where it keeps cutting out after about 4 minutes to 5 minutes and means i dont finish the heat. The motor and ESC now feel warmer than before even though the wether is colder.

Its not thermalling as the green LED isnt flashing and after about a minute it will work again or sometimes if i spin the rear wheels by hand. Its amost like its failsafe mode as the steering is still working ok

I've tried rebinding and resetting and stil the same, also differnet radio and reciveer and a spektrum cap but still does it. The battery voltage is about 7.6v when it does stop.

Hav also tried turning off the LVC - no improvement. the only other thing i can think off is if one of the capcitors has gone down but i cant find a spare part in the UK for this.

Or would an external BEC (not exactly sure how this works) be my next option otherwise i have to decide whether to get another ezrun combo or a 60A xerun instead to run with my 5.5 motor

My other question is regarding the Xerun 60a for 2wd buggy. I can afford to buy this version but not the 120a will it be ok with my 5.5t motor in std software mode or i have the option to run an 8.5t sensored motor - if i use this does anyone have any idea of the software version i should use, FDR and what boost, timing and turbo settings would be good.

The track in the Uk we run on has a 40m straight and the 5.5t is fast enough so looking for some settings for 8.5t with boost that would give similar performance.

Thanks in advance

Lunie
Would have thought that the xerun power cap should work, give me a call can sort you out with one if you fancy, or give me a ring will work out something on a 60amp xerun for you 07900 363649
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFR
Software & Settings

post which to use for 17.5 and 2s LiPo in WGT 10 chassis please
Which motor, which track bit more info we can but try
Old 10-27-2011, 02:58 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Which motor, which track bit more info we can but try
Speed Passion 17.5 v3

this track/venue

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi8lunie
Hi All

Thanks in advance

Lunie
I have run the 60a in a 4wd buggy, and still run it in my Losi 22, with boosted 8.5t with no problems.
I use 119 stock software and boost it up to 40 (without turbo) ... Temps are around 75c on the motor.. runs around the same pace as a 5.5 unboosted.
Give it a go but do a half run and check temps.
Pip
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

very sad to see rc city bangkok under water .
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-rc-city-3.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-rc-city-4.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-rc-city.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-rc-city2.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
very sad to see rc city bangkok under water .

Our thoughts are with you in these times.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

And it could get worst from the latest news, is this your shop Angelo? I thought you were in another Asian country?
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
And it could get worst from the latest news, is this your shop Angelo? I thought you were in another Asian country?
No olly our hobbywing distributor has a shop at rc city the shop you see in the photo with the orange wall but all the guys from Thailand who race rc cars at titc and own stores we are one big family and it's sad to see this happen to The Thai people .

The person who owns the facility is also incharge of the rescue relief plan in Thailand as he is a minister in the government and his son who's dream was to build this facility passed away 4 months ago he was the chief of police .

My self im based in Australia but 4 months of the year in china
Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

No olly our hobbywing distributor has a shop at rc city the shop you see in the photo with the orange wall but all the guys from Thailand who race rc cars at titc and own stores we are one big family and it's sad to see this happen to The Thai people .
The person who owns the facility is also incharge of the rescue relief plan in Thailand as he is a minister in the government and his son who's dream was to build this facility passed away 4 months ago he was the chief of police .

how was your race in Beijing?
Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's what I thought that you were in Aussie land, this is a really very sad period when these things happen, and unfortunately they will happen more often with times, I deal with raising money to help people around the world who dies from lack of food or water, so I have a fairly good insight of all major people movements like refugee camps etc...

Give them our best if you get in touch man.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 13.5T TC Setup

hi all has anyone got a setup for the following

Teams powers 13.5T copper can motor
24 meter lenght track indoor

software on esc v3.0_110930 stock
setup so far

MOTOR: Teams powers 13.5T copper can
FDR: 6.9 on 64dp
F/W: 930
MOTOR TEMPS: 165F
RUNNING MODE: FORWARD/BRAKE
DRAG BRAKE: 5%
VOLTAGE PROTECT: 3.0v
DDRS: LEVEL 9
BRAKE FORCE: 100%
REVERSE FORCE: 100%
INITIAL BRAKE: Drag Brake
NEUTRAL RANGE: 6%
BOOST TIMING: 64
TURBO SLOPE: 18 UNITS/0.1 SEC
OVERHEAT PROTECT: ON
TURBO TIMING: 0
BOOST START RPM: 5000 RPM
TURBO DELAY: OFF
TIMING ACC/SLOPE: 500 RPM/UNIT

I can only about 0.5 sec of each lap of the leaders, i went round the track with them while racing and noticed that they get good pull of after slow corners.

Any help would be great thanks and good racing.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default XERUN-120A in Blinky

Ive been a Hobbywing fan for a few years now, started with the Xerun 80A in my 1/8 buggies and have since expanded it to include all my Aircraft ESC. Absolutely love the HW stuff!

I'm getting back into 1/12 racing and I will only be racing 17.5 blinky mode. I'm looking to get the XERUN-120A 1s ESC. I havent read every post in this thread (yet), but from what I have read;

- That ESC doesnt need a booster or Rx pack?
- To run in Blinky mode I need to download the 508(?) firmware?

Is that still true, or does the most current build have a blinky mode?

What is everyones opinion of the 1s ESC?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.