Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Still, how is it others are allowed/condoned as HW not.
That's kinda discrimnatory. Is that legal???
perfectly legal if some form of licensing agreement has been put in place. Or if you want, you can "go after" certain companies and not others.. each case needs to be brought individually.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default mod software

so whats the difference between me running the software that comes preloaded with 120aV2.1 versus the latest mod software?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by captain stacker
so whats the difference between me running the software that comes preloaded with 120aV2.1 versus the latest mod software?
0.5 s a lap
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
You can run a 5.5T with a fan not without and no turbo.But im not sure because i havent tried it but you might be able to run 119 mod software with turbo with the xtreme and a 5.5T but to be honest i dont recommend it .

My idea was that I could mount the smaller footprint Xtreme Stock (with fan, height is not a problem) on the 1/5 TT SB-5 bike and use either a 17.5T or a 6.5T, both with fan, each with the appropriate program, of course.
Right now, I have the Xerun 120A (V2.0), with no fan and 6.5T, with installation issues, as I said in my earlier post. This combo works very nicely, temp-wise, so far, with ambient temps of 18-24C, so far and 10-13 minute runs on 2S/5000/50C lipos.
The actual race duration is to be 10 minutes, but usually you put the bike on track, start doing laps for 1-2 minutes, then the timing starts, and after the 10-minute session you do one lap at least... so 12 minutes runtime at a minimum.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
(thats twice in a week I've mentioned 27t brushed... what's wrong with me!)
Ahhhh (sigh) the good ol'days
Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? LRP X12 13.5

Has anyone got a good smooth set up for a fast large track for the LRP X12 13.5 with 211 software
Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lohan
Has anyone got a good smooth set up for a fast large track for the LRP X12 13.5 with 211 software
u cud try this not sure how different it will be with a lrp x12 as i use a gm ..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...-hobbywing.png
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Angelo,

If you don't mind.
It still puzzles me and a lot of rc racers why the problem was with the HW products specific and not f.i. SP or any other brand which uses the rx for programming.

Kind regards,
Pizza
Pizza the problem is that Hobbywing is the largest esc manufacturer in the world bar none with there own product brand and 80% of the worlds oems The same as what kingstar in taiwan is with model cars for various oem customers like durango and many more.Hobbywing has the technology,the people power and the most important the loyal customer .They have the best pricing with good returns and many out there are affraid of that especially the USA .

We know that the rx port programming has been around wince the 90's but what can we do we need to follow the us patent law and had to make changes to enter the market which will be soon .Alot thought that they would keep us out for good but it was only a set back of 6-12 months maximum as we couldn't take the fact that we were the only ones who were approached in matter .

We had meetings with the so called patent holders and we were told they have more patents coming soon to the market but what i can see is a company strugglying in technology and the only way to revenue is to lodge patents before anyone else even if they were invented many years ago by others .Now if a company out there needs licensing fees to survive i really feel sorry for them as to me they lack everything else including tech,marketing and a % of the market .

What i would do is not patents i would produce my product to the highest standard with high tech eletronics and software make sure i was the one who invented the product and its tech and let the world know this on a major promotional scale and the most important look after my customer.Many have forgotton customer service and after sales support.A patent is worthless when you dont have customers to buy your product and customer backlash is the worst thing you can encounter .

We at hobbywing only want the best for our customers thats all nothing else matters as the customer is what keeps us in business .Hobbywings share holders and employees are very high skilled and head strong people who never give in to anyone or anything who trys to brings us down we are here for the long term .

Hobbywing has setbacks all the time but what the outsiders dont remember is that we come back much more stronger .
Old 03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know how I can get hold of 213 as I cant see it on my software option. I downloaded the version straight from the Hobbywing site but like I say the newest it gives me is 211. I have also selected update in the drop down box at the top to update the software but it says I am running the current version so cant updated
I am happy with 211 but wanted to see the difference with the turbo between the two.
Also am I right in thinking 213 the turbo only comes in once all the boost is used up and it has also reached the delay specified ?
Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Amen.

Thanks Angelo, and al who responded.
Sorry to steer a lil off topic but it made some interesting reading.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WISH LIST

Honestly when you creating wish list you have to be carefull
what brought me to hobbywing was price and reliability...many of the other brands arnt quite as good as their price emplies twice the price is not Twice as good nor were they lasting
Size we stuck with the xerun 60amp in BLACK . its foot print was achievable over the 120 and our current focus is stock( we run a mod with an EZRUN 5.5 thats out lived some cars and drivers).
It was the performance of this that led us to your doors everybody has one and they still work.
I recogonised that Hobbywing was manufacturing for many other suppliers so when your in that position it quite EASY to enhance the qaulity of your own product thru buying power and better practises .

Size is an issue but RELIABILITY has to be the number one GOAL of all manufacturers so if it comes to size dont scimp on cooling..Australia has some hot days and we like to race without small fire developing.
The LCD programer meant we could leave the computer at home and its one of those things that the boys could load up the programs and share their thoughts at the track
And after all...i got into this to get away from computers
Last but not least KIS
KEEP IT SIMPLE
Next time your bored try and work out whos got @160kw permanent magnet motor in their machine as iv been working on this engineering for some years so i recognise the difficulty you have with terminology..most manufacturers create their own terms so sharing/implying that your the same as someone ends up in court
all the best
Andrew
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WISH LIST

oopps

Last edited by JAM Racing; 04-01-2011 at 12:08 AM. Reason: double up
Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lohan
Lo, its snippy. There is no one wonderful setting for all. Me and cherry run the same settings and either his car or mine is awful. And thats the same motor also......

With 211 the factory default settings are almost on the money. try them first, and change only one thing at a time. Trust me mate.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xrayal
Lo, its snippy. There is no one wonderful setting for all. Me and cherry run the same settings and either his car or mine is awful. And thats the same motor also......

With 211 the factory default settings are almost on the money. try them first, and change only one thing at a time. Trust me mate.
Did u race at silverstone last weekend? If u did where did finish overall?
Also wat was u final gear ratio?

Thanks mark
Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

I know it may be a bit off topic, but... could someone look into the small Ezrun 18A, to make its throttle response a bit more linear, like it's on the bigger 60A Ezrun and of course the Xerun series, which are excellent?!

We've been using three of these in my Venom GPV1 1/8 rcbike, my son's Mini-T and my Thunder Tiger 1/8 scale KT8 kart...
In all situations (all run 5200kv motors) the throttle response is very limited and quite abrupt. Nothing like the 1/10 ESC's, sensored or sensorless...

Just a thought... to add to the wishlist!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.