looking for xtreme stock 60a + 11.5t motor setup
track straight length around 40m-50m
i need power on straight setup ~ also with good punch
PM me if you have =D

Im using 119stock software ~
Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I have an older XERun V1 120A, running 17.5 FDR 6.0 (controlled) No timing allowed, Max amp spike is 30 amps. Can I remove the external cap?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I have an older XERun V1 120A, running 17.5 FDR 6.0 (controlled) No timing allowed, Max amp spike is 30 amps. Can I remove the external cap?
are you kidding me?

why dont you remove some mosfets while your there?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Would there be a problem with HobbyWing selling directly to local hobby shops / Dealers ?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Lipo Deep Discharge Protector

i believe that Wireless Power was introduce by speed passion, but one of them is a person from Hobbywing,
been hoax and i have been asking long ago., while sp is still great..

Anyway

Cobra
is "Lipo battery Deep Discharge Protector" works on Spectrum ?
And are they work on 3S or more ?
Is SP also offer this "Lipo battery Deep Discharge Protector"?
is "Lipo battery Deep Discharge Protector" programmable?
How fast are they doin cut off per cell per second?
Thak's for your attention.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Inferno start with the recommended settings for 11.5 on the additional information that came with the 0119 software
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default UK Team has a new member

I am pleased to announce that we have added a great driver to our UK team. John Turner of Drift Fame is now officially driving for Team Racers in Exile using Hobbywing Motors and Speed Controllers, we wish him all the best in the new years D1RC Drift tournament and hope to report back on his progress and settings etc.

Watch this space more drivers are on their way as we speak !!!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Graham Oliver
Maybe they should just change the method of programming to use Bluetooth or NFC (near field communication) rather than a physical connection as described in the patent... This would introduce very little extra cost, be technologically superior and best of all, because I've just mentioned it on an open forum - no-one can patent this method of RC speedo programming and it would be open for all manufacturers... As a lot of modern PC's and laptops already include Bluetooth, you might not even need a separate programming box...
You seem to know how the patent system work, so maybe you know.
I haven't gone into detail about it, but in the link provided earlier to the patent application, I don't see that it is granted or not.
I do see a link to Futaba, and to my knowlegde they already use a similar system, to program there digital servo's... (also Ko-Propo?)
So if this is the case, the idea was already existing and probably published somewhere (programming through the connection cable), and I think you couldn't even call programming an ESC this way an "inventive step".
Conclusion, patent not granted, so green light for HW.....
Old 02-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
You seem to know how the patent system work, so maybe you know.
I haven't gone into detail about it, but in the link provided earlier to the patent application, I don't see that it is granted or not.
I do see a link to Futaba, and to my knowlegde they already use a similar system, to program there digital servo's... (also Ko-Propo?)
So if this is the case, the idea was already existing and probably published somewhere (programming through the connection cable), and I think you couldn't even call programming an ESC this way an "inventive step".
Conclusion, patent not granted, so green light for HW.....
Since most ESC companies use the generic USB for programming to the RX wire of the ESC it just looks like a company with an inferior product running scared from superior products.

Rumours said that Horizon was going to order large quantities of the Hobbywing ESC's. Obviously that scared CC who are distributed by Horizon.

It is pretty poor form by CC. It is not as if HW is doing anything different to the other ESC manufacturers but it looks like HW is being targetted because of its potential in the marketplace
Old 02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

I've tried version 119 MOD today and I think it has a bug, or at least an unwanted feature. With the new software, running forward/brake/reverse mode, the reverse enters so quick that if you do a full brake two times in a row (I use to do this when entering a corner) the ESC interprets the second brake as the reverse. In the previous version (528) there was a delay to enter in reverse mode, so this didn't affect normal braking.

Anyone can confirm this? It will be solved in a future release?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gusi
I've tried version 119 MOD today and I think it has a bug, or at least an unwanted feature. With the new software, running forward/brake/reverse mode, the reverse enters so quick that if you do a full brake two times in a row (I use to do this when entering a corner) the ESC interprets the second brake as the reverse. In the previous version (528) there was a delay to enter in reverse mode, so this didn't affect normal braking.

Anyone can confirm this? It will be solved in a future release?
lowering your brake expo will do better. We dont like the reverse delay anyway.
So why dont you stop back throotle twice,
anyway if reverse is delayed, that would be irresponsive...

You could also add more deadband if you would like to avoid accident twice back throotle...
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus
No you cannot remove the cap ,the cap is there for a reason mainly to equalize the voltage and current of the battery and the esc and many more reason .
Old 02-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mc4798
Would there be a problem with HobbyWing selling directly to local hobby shops / Dealers ?
Please send me your details as thats what we are planning to by pass the middle man completetly for the usa and beyond .

[email protected] or [email protected]

regards Angelo
Old 02-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
I am pleased to announce that we have added a great driver to our UK team. John Turner of Drift Fame is now officially driving for Team Racers in Exile using Hobbywing Motors and Speed Controllers, we wish him all the best in the new years D1RC Drift tournament and hope to report back on his progress and settings etc.

Watch this space more drivers are on their way as we speak !!!
Really good news cherry please also send me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]

we can chat about some help for your driver .By the way how is your wife and the bad news you gave us a while ago ?i hope all is well and i prey for a speedy recovery .
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whityboy
To late. copied from redrc:

Speed Passion are also represented on the Schumacher stand as they are the British importer and their latest offering is a phone app for Android or iPhone that gives a graphical interface with which to adjust the entire range of parameters on their ESC through built in Bluetooth connectivity. The ESC shown is just a prototype to show the app in action but it is planned in future to equip their range of speed controllers with bluetooth to enable this type of adjustment.

http://www.redrc.net/2011/02/toy-fair-2011-schumacher/
Let's see if it happens and i hope it does but going by history i cannot see it coming anytime soon .Its called smart marketing which will probably never eventuate but will keep the customer interested and loyal .

I wish them all the success and i hope they bring it out soon will be a great addition to the rc industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.