Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who exactly am I alienating Mike? I just posted my opinion on why the turnout was not sufficient
Old 07-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'll preface this by saying this is my opinion and not that of Jackson or Horsham.

A thread full of opinions on something they have no idea about.

Everyone that is complaining. Open a track. Hold some big races and STFU.

This race is a ton of work to put on and attend and there are ZERO returns.

The deadline was known for over a month.

People have real jobs. This is not something that takes 10 minutes to figure out.

Again if you don't like the outcome. Do it yourself.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza
Who exactly am I alienating Mike? I just posted my opinion on why the turnout was not sufficient
Anyone who is a passer by, I bet most aren't even sure 100% WHO is organizing the event. Seeing a lot of tracks fail in the area, racers are fickle, and it seems that finding someone who can deal with that and keep a track, and promote races, shouldn't be called out because their methods or decisions are not 100% inline with yours. Sure there are options on anything, start time, date, car, cost, bodies, rules, allowing of speedos on the driver stand, etc, etc. Hanulec was very clear in the beginning, that he would put the effort to give us a package and an opportunity to race, which he did, if people held out because the rules took too long to get posted, or the tire wasn't decided early enough are missing the point. This race would be awesome if nothing was announced ahead of time, make it like iron chef, ok racers, today's secret ingredient is .............. ... .. . "RC 10 classic with onroad conversion, start building NOW"
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

:shakes head:

This isn't what this race and the hobby is about...

Quite upset right now reading all this.

R
Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Again Mike, who did I call out specifically? Nobody, that's who! I had no problems whatsoever about the way the race was going to be run. In fact, our team has a ready to go car as per the rules that we were going to test to see what we could do efficiency-wise during stops for battery/tire changes. And me alienating any passer by now is a moot point, seeing the race has been cancelled for 15hrs now
Old 07-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

agreed, Ryan...

whatever the reason was, there was something that didn't give enough people the ol' warm & fuzzy to get signed up for the race...

doing a race like this (from both prospective) takes more then 5 minutes worth of work, and isn't for everyone..

maybe it needs more then a 1 year break - give it some more time, and then see what happens...kinda like that breakup you really didn't want but know you need time to get things figured out
Old 07-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Maybe it was who was running the race this time? Not making any judgements, but that is a possibility....
Walk into the clubhouse on any given day and there will only be 3 people there, do you really think people are that stupid?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I really hate when I see my friends having an argument. I'm upset it's not happening after getting a team together, but I don't blame anybody for it. I think with everything that's going on in RC, IE tracks shutting down has everybody upset. Let's forget about any mistakes anybody may, or may not have made and get back to toy car racing.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
The question still hasnt been answered. How come we cant increase the cost a bit to offset the tire bill of the 9th team to still keep this race going.
The question was answered in an earlier post, albeit indirectly; see below...

"The intent was not to create an endless series of contingencies that would allow the race to continue under any and all circumstances, but to create enough incentive to get a full field of participants."

We received entries from 7 full teams, and an entry from 1 person hoping to field a full team. This number falls short of what we were trying to achieve by getting a minimum of 9 teams on the track. Opening the possibility of having to enact a series of remedies to make this event happen wasn't considered because pursuing those remedies becomes yet another task that has to be addressed and managed outside of those required to host the event. We decided that the total number of entries would dictate whether or not the race took place to simplify the decision making process; 9 teams = Yes, 8 teams or less = No...

No one is more disappointed than we are that there wasn't more interest in this unique event - and we apologize to those teams that made the commitment to attend; but the number of entries received didn't meet the expectations set when we decided to host the event...
Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys, with 8 teams we have at least 48 drivers total in attendance. If each driver puts an extra 9$ that covers the 9th race entry.
How about we do that?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

That apparently makes too much sense Joe
Old 07-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Guys, with 8 teams we have at least 48 drivers total in attendance. If each driver puts an extra 9$ that covers the 9th race entry.
How about we do that?
Considering refunds have been issued at this point, we're not entertaining the option to "restructure" the race in any fashion. We offered an additional 24 hours for two teams to sign up - we got an entry from 1 person that signed up on behalf of a team that hadn't fully formed yet. That really guaranteed 7 teams would start the race, with the possibility of an 8th.

Too little, too late - especially when the deadline was extended an additional day.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Considering refunds have been issued at this point, we're not entertaining the option to "restructure" the race in any fashion. We offered an additional 24 hours for two teams to sign up - we got an entry from 1 person that signed up on behalf of a team that hadn't fully formed yet. That really guaranteed 7 teams would start the race, with the possibility of an 8th.

Too little, too late - especially when the deadline was extended an additional day.
We can re-pay the entry... And on race day let's all chip in 10 bucks?
Old 07-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
How about we do that?
Been saying the same thing Joe in my post. It would be cheaper since they don't have to buy another kit for the 9th team. Why are u guys so against running 8 teams. I still think it will be a good time.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That apparently makes too much sense Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.