Wiki Posts
Search

Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
Why wouldn't u guys honor ryans entry. He agreed to pay for the last team. Makes no sense if we had the 9 teams that the race got cancelled.
We would have accepted Ryan's entry, and extended the deadline (twice, actually, by allowing teams to enter on 7/15) to midnight on 7/16 to receive it. The conditions stated that we needed 9 paid entries - for whatever reason, Ryan did not submit an entry for the 9th team by the deadline.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan asked 3 times about paying for the last entry and didn't get a response. Just sucks cause our team invested money in this so far and it was a waste when Ryan was willing to step up and pay for the last entry.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
If we push the date to the rain date wouldn't it give a little more time for a 9th team to be found?
I for one would not of committed to race this race if it was set on the rain date.

I plan to be at Horsham that day practicing for the IIC. A race I actually care about.

I don't want to speak for the organizers but I would imagine that is the view shared by at least one of them.

Would of raced it on the rain date if necessary but did not plan for the rain date and would rather be doing something else?

Oh well, my guess it will be quite a long time before this race see's the light of day if ever again.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Ryan asked 3 times about paying for the last entry and didn't get a response. Just sucks cause our team invested money in this so far and it was a waste when Ryan was willing to step up and pay for the last entry.
This may be a difference of opinion, but he was afforded that opportunity - see below... These posts were posted last night, several hours before the deadline:

Originally Posted by hanulec
we still need one more team. event cannot happen financially without it. ride tires have a minimum purchase and we've decided to include 5 sets for the price of 4. both of these factors are putting the race at odds and requiring the minimum of 9 teams.

http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/2014-j...ace-entry.html
Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Midnight is the deadline....
The bottom line is this - the opportunity was there for Ryan (or anyone else, for that matter) to pay for an entry last night. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hanulec
Ryan - that doesn't really make sense. if you'd like, i have a bridge i can sell u instead?

Thanks Toby- that makes 8 teams.

Any more takers?

This is the only response i seen directed to ryan. And really what was needed to pay for the remaining tire bill. A extra 20 bucks or so per team. I know our team would of payed the diff needed to keep the race going.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

This is the only response i seen directed to ryan. And really what was needed to pay for the remaining tire bill. A extra 20 bucks or so per team. I know our team would of payed the diff needed to keep the race going.
And where in that response did it state, "We will not accept your entry?"

Again, anyone was afforded the opportunity to meet the entry requirements before the extended deadline set yesterday. That requirement was stated several weeks ago, but wasn't met.

We apologize to those that planned on attending the event and making it the success we were planning for; however, in light of the fact that it was stated up front that we needed a minimum number of PAID teams by the deadline, we weren't left many choices once that number (which was well publicized) wasn't met.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
And where in that response did it state, "We will not accept your entry?"

Again, anyone was afforded the opportunity to meet the entry requirements before the extended deadline set yesterday. That requirement was stated several weeks ago, but wasn't met.

We apologize to those that planned on attending the event and making it the success we were planning for; however, in light of the fact that it was stated up front that we needed a minimum number of PAID teams by the deadline, we weren't left many choices once that number (which was well publicized) wasn't met.
There were choices that werent excercised. Like i said was the thought ever brought up to have the 8 teams pick up the tire bill instead of 440 per team it was gonna be 460. The race could of def happened if the powers to be wanted it to. No options were posted if the 9th team never signed up on what was gonna be needed extra per team to make it happen. Def a shame to lose such a fun race off the calendar.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So....I've heard a bunch of reasons and excuses as to why this race didn't happen, twice now; an untimely release of rules holds some people back, bad choice of race date, the cars are junk, this race is too brutal to do more than once, brushed motors are stupid, it's too expensive, putting a team together is too hard, the tires are not up to the task, etc...

Apparently it wasn't actually the choice of car, motor, or tires, date, nor the expense, because all of those factors changed for the better AND the race still cost roughly the same per driver.

Any other comments on why this race has trouble garnering more than 50 people to attend?
Old 07-16-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe it was who was running the race this time? Not making any judgements, but that is a possibility....
Old 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza
Maybe it was who was running the race this time? Not making any judgements, but that is a possibility....
Good, don't be judgmental about race directors and hobby shop owners....there's too few of them these days to be blaming them for everything.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

I can say one thing is when we were at Railyard last week. There were guys there that were interested in it but had no clue the race was going on. Maybe it wasnt put out there as much as it could of been.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

There were choices that werent excercised. Like i said was the thought ever brought up to have the 8 teams pick up the tire bill instead of 440 per team it was gonna be 460. The race could of def happened if the powers to be wanted it to. No options were posted if the 9th team never signed up on what was gonna be needed extra per team to make it happen. Def a shame to lose such a fun race off the calendar.
True - there were choices that weren't exercised - for instance, other teams making a commitment to form a team and participate. The intent was not to create an endless series of contingencies that would allow the race to continue under any and all circumstances, but to create enough incentive to get a full field of participants. We changed the vehicle, the spec tires, and the rules in an attempt to accomplish this goal by enhancing the overall experience. However, the community as a whole determined that there wasn't enough interest for this race to proceed, proven by the fact that there were only 8 entries received.

Regardless of the reasoning behind the lack of interest (management, equipment, etc. ), the number of entries received clearly demonstrates this fact. Other things to consider include the overall decrease in the number of pariticipants that participate in weekly events and special events like the 24 Heures du Jackson. If anything positive could be generated from this discussion, I'd personally like to see ideas centered around making this event more appealing to a broader audience. This is probably the best way to see that events like this take place in the future...
Old 07-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

I can say one thing is when we were at Railyard last week. There were guys there that were interested in it but had no clue the race was going on. Maybe it wasnt put out there as much as it could of been.
This is a good point - cross-promoting the event could have assisted greatly in getting more entries...

Any suggestions are welcomed - keep 'em coming...
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza
So step up and put in the work yourself, trust me the the track nor the people running it make any $ on this race, yet they put in a ton of work to make it happen. Don't alienate outsiders who have no idea what your alluding too.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

The question still hasnt been answered. How come we cant increase the cost a bit to offset the tire bill of the 9th team to still keep this race going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.