Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson >

Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson

Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson

Old 06-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Revival of 24 Heures Du Jackson

After missing out on the 4th running of the 24 hour race, we are reviving the race and mixing up the formula. This thread is to hear you comments.

We would like to hear your comments including-
#1 TOP 3 things you LOVED about the race
#2 BOTTOM 3 things you WISH we change

When
Saturday, August 9th and Sunday, August 10th
_OR_
Saturday, September 6th and Sunday, September 7th <-- Hurricane/Natural Disaster/Act of GOD Make-up Date

Race Details
  • Race Start: 2pm Saturday
  • Race End: 2pm Sunday
  • Total Race Time: 24 hours

Rules
http://racerlog.com/wiki/2014_24_Heures_Du_Jackson
  • Car: Team Associated APEX
  • Tires: 4 sets included with entry fee -- and no additional tires allowed to be purchased. Exact model selecting pending 6 hour successful test
  • Body: Bring Your Own Clear Body (BYOCB) -or- repaint/vinyl the pre-painted body
  • Radio: Use whatever you want (kit includes Radio)
  • ESC and Motor: Must use APEX kit parts
  • Servo: Can be swapped
  • Minimum Weight: To be specified upon tire selection
  • Gearing: The required Spur and Pinion will be provided for the race. Gearing will be unspecified until the race.

Requies (i.e. NOT PROVIDED WITH RACE ENTRY)
  • Clear body -- complete body rules -- http://racerlog.com/wiki/2014_24_Heu...rticle_V:_Body
  • Personal transponder
  • Lighting Solution
  • Batteries -- one NIMH pack included, but you'll need more than that. LIPO and NIMH both allowed
  • One complete "racers pit" that includes charger, tools, power supply, table, chair, e-z up and whatever else if required to get you through the 24 hour period

Entry
  • Fee: $440 USD
  • Entry includes Team Associated APEX RTR and (4) Four sets of tires
  • Race entry closes Monday, July 14th at 12pm eastern. 9+ pre-paid teams required to hold the event
  • Enter here: http://shop.awesomatixusa.com/2014-j...ace-entry.html (select free shipping at check out)
  • Wild Turbo Fan is providing each team with a 30mm fan with their race entry

Entry List
1. Team SJCCR - Captain Chris Green + John Ceci, Kevin Bojarski, Marius Achim, Bob Barry and Fred and Tyler Perkins
2. Racing Team - Captain Matt Abey + Karl Hoffmeister, Mike Gee, Matt Ward, Jason Banks and Hot Tub
3. Brownie's Hobbies - Captain John Brown + Chris Perlermo, Steve Marino, TJ Forlenza, Ray Muratore and Joe Blanch.
4. The Magnificent Se7en - Captain Barry Lofton + Ray Sundland, Greg Sharpe, Jeff Jones, Eric Lee, Rui Goncalves, Al Sodano
5. Up in Smoke - Captain/Pitmaster Mike Larcher + Hanulec , Perez, Fairtrace, Haynes and some other guys wearing tight shirts
6. Team Brooklyn Hobbies - Captain Rob Bendall + Joachim Bruneau (aka Frenchie), Jose Rodriguez, Alex Valdes, Aja Archibald, Scott and maybe Richie Siriano...

Thanks to..
Videos
2010:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by JacksonRC; 07-11-2014 at 05:34 AM. Reason: rules
Old 06-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

so if we can't make the race, we need to wait 2 more days to see the rules? why not post them online beforehand?

not trying to start anything, but if this is going off in August, the sooner the rules get out they easier it will be to get more teams. just saying since I think that's what hurt last year's event
Old 06-09-2014, 04:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

hope to really get some good discussion going here, publicly, not in dark alleys, or via private phone calls/text msgs/pms. here is my top and bottom--

TOP 3:
1. the laughs in the pits and on the drivers stand
2. seeing the innovative solutions people come up with to solve problems
3. watching 10+ cars battling for the first corner, lap one!

BOTTOM 3:
1. the feeling everyone has at 2am. halfway there, and asking ourselves why we are doing this?
2. the feeling at 2pm, and knowing the race won't happen for another year
3. feeling as if my team hasn't prepared enough
Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by k_bojar
so if we can't make the race, we need to wait 2 more days to see the rules? why not post them online beforehand?

not trying to start anything, but if this is going off in August, the sooner the rules get out they easier it will be to get more teams. just saying since I think that's what hurt last year's event
i don't think they will be done until monday, writing all of that up is a TON of work.

and we probably won't have the total price until after then. we will have a worst case price on monday.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Champion

Top 3 things:

1) the strategy of finding a way to finish the race with the least number of issues
2) the fun in the pits, drivers stands and pit lanes - which gets more fun as the event goes on (see hanulec's 2am time comments)
3) Racing to see who can get their car done first, with the least number of issues

Bottom 3:

1) the wait to see the rules and changes
2) the lack of no race last year
3) having to wait 365 days between races

Last edited by k_bojar; 06-11-2014 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I'm a dope and can't type
Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

if the race is going the RTR route - will different receivers/transmitters be allowed? or will every team have to use the one that would be included in the package?

yes, i have about a million questions
Old 06-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hanulec
i don't think they will be done until monday, writing all of that up is a TON of work.

and we probably won't have the total price until after then. we will have a worst case price on monday.
even if its only the main thing - chassis/power plant change. I think that would be of biggest interested to any prospective teams..

the rest of the rules, is just something to read later - the big thing is chassis and electronics and see what comes with it and what is adjustable vs no fix (chassis wise)
Old 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by k_bojar
if the race is going the RTR route - will different receivers/transmitters be allowed? or will every team have to use the one that would be included in the package?

yes, i have about a million questions
these things are certain:
#1 we are not running a TT01
#2 teams can use whatever radio + receiver they want
#3 2S lipo or 6 cell nimh batteries
#4 everyone must run the same tires (used allowed as it is too hard to prevent)

things to think about:
A. is it less exciting if the car is Almost-RTR
B. will brushless scare anyone away
C. bring-your-own-body based upon an existing set of rules -- maybe Scotty's SpecGT list
D. is there anyway to tech voltage
Old 06-09-2014, 05:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

concerns:
I- cost of brushless speedos once someone blows it up
II- cost of brushless motors once someone blows it up
III- risk of no one showing up again UNLESS something changes!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

these things are certain:
#1 we are not running a TT01
#2 teams can use whatever radio + receiver they want
#3 2S lipo or 6 cell nimh batteries
#4 everyone must run the same tires (used allowed as it is too hard to prevent)

things to think about:
A. is it less exciting if the car is Almost-RTR
B. will brushless scare anyone away
C. bring-your-own-body based upon an existing set of rules -- maybe Scotty's SpecGT list
D. is there anyway to tech voltage
we all know brushless won't scare anyone away - as long as they aren't like 17.5 or lower and will survive 24 hours

bring your own body would be cool - so no painting onsite?? can you list Scotty's list, for those that aren't familiar with it (i just tried looking, but couldn't find it)

teching voltage - is a good idea, but might end up being more of a headache then its worth, especially at 2a-5a
Old 06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Top three things
The thrashing around trying to get the body painted before the race.
The friend that you race with an against.
The over all good time all 36 hours of it from packing up the van to goto the race to the in packing of the van when you get home.

Three thing to change
Would like more tune ability in to the car.
Make the motor and speedo the same for everyone. Maybe brushless
Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

don't be surprised what a BIG motor with a huge spur and little pinion can yield. the concern here is excessive heat. a 10.5 motor that isn't being worked over will survive more than a 25.5.

http://www.intchamps.com/rules
"
SPEC GRAND TOURING BODY LIST

All bodies must be painted to show the scale look and design of the car. We want all cars to look like they could be real cars that you would see on the track. We do not want to see cars with flames, drips, dots, etc. We want them to look like cars that a spectator could possibly relate to on T.V. or on the showroom floor. You can have one color paint schemes but you must use the included sticker sheet to give the car the race car feel and look. I ask everyone who joins this class keep in the spirit of what we are trying to do and to take some time to detail their cars.
HPI 7335 Porsche 911
HPI 7352 BMW M3
HPI 7388 Mazda RX8
HPI 7399 Subaru Impreza
HPI 17218 Nissan 350Z
PROTOform 1531-30 Lexus LFA
PROTOform 1532-30 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Tamiya 51375 Subaru Impreza
Tamiya 51396 BMW M3
Tamiya 51453 Nissan GTR
Tamiya 51471 Audi R8
Tamiya 51474 Ferrari 599X
Tamiya 53470 Optional Race Wing
"
Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

bodies would be clear, and need to get labeled before painting.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

don't be surprised what a BIG motor with a huge spur and little pinion can yield. the concern here is excessive heat. a 10.5 motor that isn't being worked over will survive more than a 25.5.

http://www.intchamps.com/rules
"
SPEC GRAND TOURING BODY LIST

All bodies must be painted to show the scale look and design of the car. We want all cars to look like they could be real cars that you would see on the track. We do not want to see cars with flames, drips, dots, etc. We want them to look like cars that a spectator could possibly relate to on T.V. or on the showroom floor. You can have one color paint schemes but you must use the included sticker sheet to give the car the race car feel and look. I ask everyone who joins this class keep in the spirit of what we are trying to do and to take some time to detail their cars.
HPI 7335 Porsche 911
HPI 7352 BMW M3
HPI 7388 Mazda RX8
HPI 7399 Subaru Impreza
HPI 17218 Nissan 350Z
PROTOform 1531-30 Lexus LFA
PROTOform 1532-30 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Tamiya 51375 Subaru Impreza
Tamiya 51396 BMW M3
Tamiya 51453 Nissan GTR
Tamiya 51471 Audi R8
Tamiya 51474 Ferrari 599X
Tamiya 53470 Optional Race Wing
"
just remember the differing skill levels that will be out for this race - it won't be 12 teams of 'race every weekend, top-of-the-line competitors' showing up for this... so is a 10.5 the best choice? Personally, I've never run higher then a 13.5 - and I doubt I'm in the minority

I like the body list - given each time should have time before the event, there should be a lot of cool realistic bodies

you could always go the route of USGT for bodies:
Originally Posted by http://www.usvintagetransam.com
Body Specifications:
Any 190mm or 200mm body. Body can be any body that is NOT on the ROAR T2 body list. Can AM or IMSA style bodies, similar to 1/12 or 1/8 bodies are also discouraged NO Trucks
Any "SCALE" molded wings can be used. Lexan wings 10mm maximum height / side dam height
Scale type race liveries encouraged
gives a bigger race and will allow some of the other cool GT-based bodies into the event
Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

bodies would be clear, and need to get labeled before painting.
huh??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.