2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nats - Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

ok just so I got this straight.
1/10 pan
190 or 200 mm sedan bodies 4 or 6 cell
Pro-10 235 mm GTP 6 cell.

A quick scan of ROAR rules only shows a 1/10 electric on-road.
Maximum width 9.875"(approx 250mm)
6 cell max, foam tires only
Bodies;Can-AM,GT,GT-1,GTP,Trans-Am and WSC
This appears to be the pro 10 car

Does ROAR recognize the 1/10 pan sedan?
Just trying to gather info for discussion at the meeting.
Keep the suggestions coming. After all this is a race for the racers.

Are you guys considering running pan as a second class?
Or are you more interested in a demonstration class or in trying to actually put a national title race together.
Larry
Old 11-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by racer-oZ

I'm really looking forward to coming to this race and seeing some old friends from the Northwest.

racer-oZ
Does that include you old buddy Wes?

Rose City.... if we spread the word that Ken is coming to the race, we could double the entries! He was one of the most popular and one of the best all around R/C racers in the Portland area.

racer-oZ... This is so cool! The last time I heard, you were a DJ in Texas or something like that. I'll be at the race. Not racing, just helping run the show. Can't wait to toss back a couple cold ones with you like we did back in the good old days. 8.5 months to go and counting.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You are correct, ROAR rules for the class is Pro10. I don't think ROAR recognizies "Pan Sedan" as a Nationals class. I do know that "Pan Sedan" was ran as a demostration class at the 2002 ROAR Carpet Nat's in Ripon, CA.

If I'am to goto the Nat's, Pro 10 would be the only class I would run.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Someone mentioned that a Pro 10 sporting a mod motor would require an 1/8th scale sized track. The track size will be determined by ROAR suggested lap times for the event. This would not be an 1/8th scale sized track. Would a 19turn class be a better option for the Pro 10. It would be a half way between stock and mod and all Pro 10 s could run that class. Requiring fewer entries to put together a decent class.
Wes cut his teeth on pan, wonder what he thinks?
Larry
Old 11-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

I would just run stock for Pro 10.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by trackdesigner71
Alright rose city, as to the little histroy lesson, the last time that Pro 10 was offered as a class at the ROAR nationals was 2000
It was acutally 2001 at Speedworld - 24 entries for 1/10th GTP stock Pan Car.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wes!!! What's up? Yes I can't wait to be there for this race. I'm actually in Wichita, Kansas now. I got out of TV News about 2 years ago and took a job in sales. I've been racing onroad sedans here pretty heavily for the last couple of years along with some offroad inbetween. Me and another racin buddy are planning to make the trip from Kansas for this race. I checked out your website and saw pics of Steve Reece, Mike Ellis and Duane Sr. and the old racin memories started flowing! lol

I'm hopin Tammies will sponsor me for this race just for old times sake I'll try sending you an email through the website to give you my number so we can chat. I'm planning to stay with my family for part of the trip, but depending on where the track is located I may stay at a hotel for a night or two.

Hope all is well!

racer-oZ
Ken Peterson
Old 11-05-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rosecity
Trackdesigner, when was the last time 1/10 pan ran at paved nationals? How could we make the class attractive to racers.
Stock with hand out tires and motors.
19turn with handout tires(Roar class?)
Full blown wide open mod.
Wedge or sedan bodies?(Roar probably specifies this)
If we offer one class that is attractive to most racers we may be surprised at the response. of course if response warrants it we could run more than one class.
We may want to contact CRC and Associated and see if they are willing to help promote this class. Any other manufacturers?
Just some quick thoughts.
Let me know what you think?
Larry
Do the class in the traditional sense – GTP bodies, 235mm. If someone has something like a 10L3t, they can buy a 200mm GTP body and still be competitive if they can drive.

If your track will be big enough go mod. but as you mentioned, you need a 1/8th scale size track to do that.

We run monthly Pro10 mod. races here in Southern California at this track: http://www.revrace.com/THE_TRACK.cfm (we’re faster than all the nitro classes except for 1/8th and even then, we can get within a second a lap of them depending on the layout) but otherwise run stock at the other tracks we go to.

I’d rather not do 19turn; stock with handout motors gets my vote if mod is not possible.

Also, be prepared to spray the heck out of the track – 1/12th and 1/10th pan cars don’t like parking lots all that much.

Thanks for taking the time to talk with us about the class. I was initially skeptical about going 1000miles to race a National in a parking lot as I said in my posts in the 1/10th Pan Car thread but now I'm glad there are more inclusionary people like you invovled with ROAR.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MarkA
It was acutally 2001 at Speedworld - 24 entries for 1/10th GTP stock Pan Car.
Thanks for the correction Mark. I got my info off the ROAR website but I forget that they havent updated the Results page on their site for about 2 years

I just thought about throwin out 19T pan touring as an exhibition class. (you know, just a thought)
Old 11-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by trackdesigner71

I just thought about throwin out 19T pan touring as an exhibition class. (you know, just a thought)
No, I'd say to funnel everyone into one class and maximize turnout.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

As a suggestion. have you thought about doing a 1/18 class as an exhibition? With so many companies makin 1/18 racers its worth a shot
Old 11-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Is there an exact date yet. Most important is there a Taco Time near by. It's been a long time since I've had a crisp meat burrito.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't wait to come home to Burgerville USA! I haven't had one in a couple of years now. lol

racer-oZ
Old 11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The Great Oz....I am at work what are you doing on the computer at this time??? lol

What type of weather does that area get during the summer months? Got to be better then the 100+ temps of Kansas.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Weather tends to be mid 80s in july. Perfect for crisp meat burritos and Tillamook cheese burgers. How can you ask for more.
Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.