Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 ROAR Paved On-Road Nats - Portland, OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I know from a Weekend type racer that the premount idea for a Nats event is a good one. That does help to lower the total cost for us. Makes my box lighter to fly to the Coast to...lol

Jeff
Old 11-04-2003, 01:03 PM

SushiBoy: I'm probably going to go too. We should get more people from Rain and Atomic to come.

Matt: I didn't know Sorex made a premounted tire. That would be an awesome controlled tire. Though the Sorex wears faster, its a better quality tire and has better grip than the CS-27. I think a controlled tire in general is a good idea so that people don't worry so much about buying every tire on the market to take and try at the race .
Old 11-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was talkin to some of the guys in another forum and they woul like a Pro10 class (even if its exhibition) Think you could make that happen?
Old 11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would think for that time of year that the cs32 or a sorex 32 or 36 would be a nice handout tire for this event. As long as we pick something that is in the ballpark on temperature I agree that a handout is the best way to go. A spec tire levels the playing field for everyone and keeps the cost down.

I'm really looking forward to coming to this race and seeing some old friends from the Northwest.

racer-oZ
Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trackdesigner,
I had to search around and see what the heck a pro-10 was. Aha it's the old favourite of RCSR the 1/10 pan car. We are having a meeting on the 12th and I will bring up the idea. There have been racers out here who would like to bring the class back. Don't know off hand what kind of numbers it would take to have a class but i'll let you know after our meeting.
Any other pro-10 racers out there?
Larry
Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sorex baby, sorex...
Old 11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

definetly sorex, talk with Billy Bowerman at www.speedworldraceway.com ,he's the U.S. Sorex importer
Old 11-05-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rosecity
Trackdesigner,
I had to search around and see what the heck a pro-10 was. Aha it's the old favourite of RCSR the 1/10 pan car. We are having a meeting on the 12th and I will bring up the idea. There have been racers out here who would like to bring the class back. Don't know off hand what kind of numbers it would take to have a class but i'll let you know after our meeting.
Any other pro-10 racers out there?
Larry
If you head over to the Oval, Larger Scales and More section there is a whole thread populated by Pro 10 racers. I post there form time to time too. The thread is called "1/10th pan car"
Old 11-05-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trackdesigner, when was the last time 1/10 pan ran at paved nationals? How could we make the class attractive to racers.
Stock with hand out tires and motors.
19turn with handout tires(Roar class?)
Full blown wide open mod.
Wedge or sedan bodies?(Roar probably specifies this)
If we offer one class that is attractive to most racers we may be surprised at the response. of course if response warrants it we could run more than one class.
We may want to contact CRC and Associated and see if they are willing to help promote this class. Any other manufacturers?
Just some quick thoughts.
Let me know what you think?
Larry
Old 11-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Alright rose city, as to the little history lesson, the last time that Pro 10 was offered as a class at the ROAR nationals was 2000 (The winner was Dave Vera outdoors, Bruce Carbone was the winner on the carpet)

Now, the way I would do it is I would run two classes. I would run 19T pan touring as an exhibition class (they run that as a class in the Florida State Series) with two door bodies and handout tires. I would also run a GTP Stock as an actual class (with handout motor). I know there are a lot of Pro 10 racers in Cali at the very least because in 2001 22 pan car racers came to Stockton, CA to race (even though ROAR decided that there werent enough racers and cancelled the class, or at least I think how the story goes so dont quote me on that). This way you can possibly draw more racers. Now I would gladly consult with you more on how to make this work. just drop me a line at [email protected] or you can drop me an IM at aerccarfan710. Id be glad to help in any way I can. heck, I even desgn racetracks on the side as a hobby, so if you need help there Id be glad to help with that too.

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 11-05-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rosecity
Trackdesigner, when was the last time 1/10 pan ran at paved nationals? How could we make the class attractive to racers.
Stock with hand out tires and motors.
19turn with handout tires(Roar class?)
Full blown wide open mod.
Wedge or sedan bodies?(Roar probably specifies this)
If we offer one class that is attractive to most racers we may be surprised at the response. of course if response warrants it we could run more than one class.
We may want to contact CRC and Associated and see if they are willing to help promote this class. Any other manufacturers?
Just some quick thoughts.
Let me know what you think?
Larry
For the past 3yrs. NORRCA has had 1/10 pan at there Nat's.. One year was mod and the last two years has been stock.

I would run handout stock motors and no hand out tires.
If mod is to be run, the track would have to have wide lanes and good size in overall dimensions(1/8 Nitro size). Tracation would also be a factor in running mod.
GTP bodies as specified in the ROAR rules.

Manufacturers list that have Pro 10 235mm cars:
Yokomo, Associated, Tech Racing, Trinity, HPI

Last edited by TOADYY; 11-05-2003 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A 1/10 pan car is 190mm or 200mm, not 235 (thats gas).

I think a 19t motor (Now that Roar was kind enough to make them legal, lol), any type of body and 4 cells would be the way to go, IMO. Or at least thats what normally run on carpet... in the North-East.

As far as bodies, normally we run the protoform 911-GT1 body, however I think that gas Lola bodies would fit, and it would be cool to see different bodies.

Handout foam tires arent really nessesssary, IMO.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by stormperson
A 1/10 pan car is 190mm or 200mm, not 235 (thats gas).

I think a 19t motor (Now that Roar was kind enough to make them legal, lol), any type of body and 4 cells would be the way to go, IMO. Or at least thats what normally run on carpet... in the North-East.

As far as bodies, normally we run the protoform 911-GT1 body, however I think that gas Lola bodies would fit, and it would be cool to see different bodies.

Handout foam tires arent really nessesssary, IMO.
There are two different size 1/10 pan cars, 190mm and 235mm 6cells. Example: Assoc. RC10L2 is 235mm and Assoc. RC10L3 is 200mm. 235mm is the standard for Pro 10.We run 235mm 6 cell pan cars in So. Cal.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah the pan cars that are 190 or 200mm wide are pan "sedans" The wider 235 are the Pro-10 class cars
Old 11-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TOADYY
For the past 3yrs. NORRCA has had 1/10 pan at there Nat's.. One year was mod and the last two years has been stock.

I would run handout stock motors and no hand out tires.
If mod is to be run, the track would have to have wide lanes and good size in overall dimensions(1/8 Nitro size). Tracation would also be a factor in running mod.
GTP bodies as specified in the ROAR rules.

Manufacturers list that have Pro 10 235mm cars:
Yokomo, Associated, Tech Racing, Trinity, HPI
Dont forget to add Corally to that list TOADYY as Well as Kawada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.