Colorado Onroad Racin'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado Onroad Racin'

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Grenade, Lee and Mario: thanks for all the leg work on this. I'll restate what I told Mark: we should snag the dates in arapahoe asap and plan on running all the races there. Consistency is good in my book. It will help the club grow.... look at the trouble MARCAR has had with sites. If we show them (arapahoe) we are committed, then maybe they'll throw us a bone on prices/dates, perks., etc....

If members are required to set up the track, maybe only require those long distance guys to do it once during the season instead of 3-4 times. OR give a decent price break to 3 or 4 guys that set up the track for that day. Say free racing (or $10 off) for the day that you set up..... but limit the # of people each day who will do it. ..

My 2 cents.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

What! The TC3 is outdated!!!! That guy on E. Colfax I bought it from said it came out last year! Russ, do I get a 10 sec. head start in 19T this weekend?

I had no clue on ROAR specs, so I've attached the 2007 TC pages just in case anyone else needs them.

Kurt
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
10th TC 2007.pdf (79.7 KB, 134 views)
Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd definitely like to see a novice or entry level class of some sort with a lower race fee to begin. 4 cells would be a decent way of keeping the breakage, cost and speed down. They'd have to graduate and pony up for full membership eventually.

If the class was to just bring in new people I'd don't think we'd have to limit the bodys or new chassis though. That way a newbie could pick up some used equipment from a current member and be able to use it in this class. Something like a 4 cell run what ya' brung class. The new Jaco foams will come pre trued so newbies won't need a tire truer to run foams!

A family and under 18 membership would be a good idea.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kurt, your avatar is nasty.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Rev & Slamman - thanks for the input.

On the entry class (I'd like to call it something other than novice) we should run rubber tires, no truer needed then!!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Kurt, your avatar is nasty.
Damn, that is NASTY!!! What the hells up with the guy in the middle???
Old 08-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I know. I should probably change it, but it's honestly my favorite picture ever. I found it 4 years ago, and I still laugh my a$$ off everytime I open it.
I have problems.

Kurt
Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
While I'm on a roll - we need a class that we can post at ALL THE HOBBY SHOPS to get novice racers into the sport.

I had talked to a few of you about the Vintage Trans Am class, that the Montana boys started.

The class is for any rtr car (must be electric - REV) outdated touring car TC3, JRX.......(not current issue) then 4 cell on rubber tires. They have stock brushed motors and 19turn brushed. No lipo, No brushless. Must run a vintage body, no wing, but spoiler on body.

We could offer this class as a $5 entry fee and only a ROAR membership. If you were running any other class you could not enter this class, and we would need some type of graduation. So start with the stock motor and then move up to 19 turn at a $10 entry and 50% club dues.
(Related by marrage, blood....not just adopted by Mario!!)
What about a nitro novice class? The RC Pro series has a RTR class using the TM G4S. I don't know how successful it's been and maybe it's too expensive, but seems like alot of peeps I've seen lurking around the track are there to check out the nitros. Plus most RTRs can be upgraded when the driver wants to move up....
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Gary, I think an entry level gas class would be good.

RTR, NTC3, MTX3...Nothing by REV....Hey I could even run in this class!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Gary, I think an entry level gas class would be good.

RTR, NTC3, MTX3...Nothing by REV....Hey I could even run in this class!!
Cool! It seems to me if you made it a RTR class that used the same car, whether G4, NTC3 or whatever and made it so it had to be ran box stock, it would eliminate the newbie from feeling that they need to spend a fortune to be competitive.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd be surprised if we could get enough guys to run a Nitro novice class. Most people start in electric since it's cheaper and easier. I wouldn't have anything against it though.

We could call the newbie class something like sportsman or rookie or just entry level or beginner class.

Running the rookie class on rubber tires would certainly simplify things for new people. No chasing ride height all day. With the pre-trued Jaco foam coming out a truer isn't really necessary equipment any longer. Which ever is easier for newbies to drive would be best though. Foams might be a bit aggressive for newbies so maybe rubber will be best.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree we need a beginner/novice class. I think the run whatcha brung rule should apply. Imagine showing up at the track when you are 12 or 13 with your brand new car you saved all summer to get, only to find out, if you want to race, you need to buy an OLDER car to do it with, or you have to race with the seasoned veterans. Most will have 6 cell stick packs, and would have to purchase expensive 4 cell race packs to run their cars if we make it a 4 cell class. Even though I like the idea of 4 cell. We could make it a 6 cell or less, and those that want to run 4 cell can, you never know, might even be faster for them.

Just thinking out loud here. I think having a class for the new guys will really help the club to grow. I also like the idea of rubber tires for the the novice/beginner class as the large majority will already own rubber tires, and as it's already been stated, no tire truer or other stuff to worry about.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

i'd like to see a class where the car has to be made out parts from at least 3 different cars and have a minimum of 10 hrs. dremel work into it. At least 1 part should be taken from the trash, and all 4 tires should be a different brand. And the payout for the winner should be huge.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lonepalm4
i'd like to see a class where the car has to be made out parts from at least 3 different cars and have a minimum of 10 hrs. dremel work into it. At least 1 part should be taken from the trash, and all 4 tires should be a different brand. And the payout for the winner should be huge.

I'd run that series!!! or should I say organize it!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Omaha Racing Schedule

Guy's I got this from Tim at the Hobby Plex as he is going to post it later tonight.

2007 RC Pro Series Nitro Offroad North Div Round #3 September 28-30th
2007 Midwest Carpet Onroad Championships November 1st-4th
2007 HobbyPLEX Fall Oval Shootout November 16th-18th
2007 2.4 Hours of the PLEX December 2nd
2008 HobbyPLEX Carpet Onroad Challenge?? March 13th-16th
2008 BRL NOVAK National Finals April 4th-6th

We might need to move our last race back of the 23rd, if we want to do the Carpet Classic.

Montana has there big race March 7 - 9.

Darkside when is the Snowbirds??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.