Colorado Onroad Racin'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Colorado Onroad Racin'

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Rev-Sometimes you say some of the funniest things, my question to you sir is "are there that many Rev Clones?"
Old 08-31-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

I agree with SlamMan about the Nitro Beginner class. However an RTR class may be just the ticket, for Nitro? At this stage of the season though it would be too confusing to the newer racers. I try to seed the rounds as best as possible, but sometimes there is only 3 or 4 newbies and then they get mixed in with the rest.It seems to work out ok or at least I think so
As far as the carpet newbie class It sounds good to allow up to 6 cells. And pretty much run what you brung, my thought is it's harder to get hooked up with rubber tires. And possibly teach them throttle control, or frustrate the heck out of 'em. But the cost factor, as mentioned before may scare away new blood. So a discount on entries or club dues should maybe mirror ROAR's fees? Just a thought. And the title Sportsman would possibly be better acceptedSee all Sunday, Sunday, Sunday
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Ok, Nitro Entry class has been tabled until we need it.

Sportsman Class - Sounds good to me.
I was looking at the 4 cells as a way to keep the weight and speed down. So when they wreck, they have less impact. Since there will be no on site parts (unless HT does something) we don't want newbie's to show up, run once, break and be done. To that end, I know the location at Larimer Count would be 15min from HT FC, Boulder would be 20 min from HT Longmont, any idea on Arapaho??

The 60' x 120' track will get us going faster than we are now running!! RRR - Start working on some layouts. I'd be happy if we did NOT have 2 long straigts, 4 turns and 2 short straights, but that is another item!!!

Also, in some of the talk about our new track, invites have been made to Frank Calandra and Bob Stormer to maybe attend the Carpet Classic if we get everything put together, so how COOL would that be?

Lee and FB/FX are off for site visits today, so I'll post back here what they find so we can talk about it if you ar'nt going to be at HT Westy on Sunday.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Name, Carpet Classic,,Needs to be throwed in the can, should be Colorado Carpet Championships if everything works out

Last edited by Mike 415; 08-31-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

As far as regular club dates go. The rules/classes should be kept simple. Simple is easy.

Sedan brushless/brushed, lipo/batts .

12scale brushed/brushless,regular batts.

Beginner class whatever you got to run.

Make weight,rideheight.

See you all for better or for worse Sun
Old 08-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike 415
Name, Carpet Classic,,Needs to be throwed in the can, should be Colorado Carpet Championships if everything works out
Agree.

Originally Posted by Mike 415
As far as regular club dates go. The rules/classes should be kept simple. Simple is easy.

Sedan brushless/brushed, lipo/batts .

12scale brushed/brushless,regular batts.

Beginner class whatever you got to run.

Make weight,rideheight.

See you all for better or for worse Sun
And agree.

We should definitely kick around new names for the big carpet race. I like Colorado Indoor Championships.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Ok on the name change from me.

I tossed out the idea of continuing it IF HT covers the $1,700 rent for 3 days. If they did, it would be like naming rights.

If not, we call it what we want.

FYI

After Lee and FB/FX went to Arapaho and Boulder Fairgrounds,

Looks like Boulder may be able to help us with 5 days in 2008 at less dollars than Arapaho, plus it is not OUT IN THE STICKS as Lee put it.

See you all on Sunday at Westy.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just thought a better name would be way more cooler. There are alot of tracks that have (classic) in there name for there annual race. And championships just sounded cooler. And I didnt know there could still be a possible assoication with Hbt.
I mean having a big race is still a dream. Got to get the everthing figured out first. And I imagine there are going to be a few speedbumps we will have to over come first.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guy's,

Something that I was talking about with Tim Ski - is that they are waiting to hear if they are going to hold the 2008 Carpet Onroad Nationals. The date is the one listed in March. If they do not get the date, then they are going back to the end of February for the Spring two day race.

How cool would it be for the ROAR Nationals to be in our back yard!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Do you guys run foams or rubbers on your carpet sedans?
Old 08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Do you guys run foams or rubbers on your carpet sedans?
We run both. Foam a little more popular, 4300/19 rubber tire class.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grenade10
Hey guy's,

Something that I was talking about with Tim Ski - is that they are waiting to hear if they are going to hold the 2008 Carpet Onroad Nationals. The date is the one listed in March. If they do not get the date, then they are going back to the end of February for the Spring two day race.

How cool would it be for the ROAR Nationals to be in our back yard!!!
That would be cool. Will be heading that way in the spring 4 sure.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Hey all you racers if we can not keep the two trailers (one for barriers and one for carpet at the fair grounds) who would be willing to haul it to the track??
Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

if they are not too heavy, I could tow one.

if the track is as big as we think it will be, mod 1/12 should be the only class we run........ 3.5 + 7.4 V lipo = OR if you short the sweeper..........

work on the 4wd 1/12 is in progress..........

lets not forget that we have a couple months of outdoor racing left. And I need to burn through another gallon by then...............

See ya'll sunday. YEEEE HAW.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone have a t2 for sale in the short future? i need a new rug car, iam going to retire my 05. mario?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.