Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just got done with a multiple hour quarrel with a user with no feedback...
apparently he thinks that just because he has been scammed over something not RC related in the past, that the guy with 26 feedback needs to ship first.
NO
YOU HAVE NO FEEDBACK
STOP TRYING TO ARGUE IT
I even tried to cut him a break and say we ship at the same time
but nope
"YOU SHIP FIRST OR NO DEAL"
uuuuuuugh THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS
this is the first time I have ever gotten legitimately angry at someone online
I'm just so frustrated! None of his arguments made any sense
whatever
Old 03-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

lower feedback always ships first. EVEN IF ITS ONLY BY ONE TRANSACTION. dont deal with them if they are that "stuck" on it. i'd wait until the next deal. dont get burnt.
and if they have NO feedback, i wouldnt even discuss it past "these are my terms". and "im the one with 26 positive feedback". they have ZERO and you have 26." no deal then. SORRY. "

Originally Posted by User Unrelated

Just got done with a multiple hour quarrel with a user with no feedback...
apparently he thinks that just because he has been scammed over something not RC related in the past, that the guy with 26 feedback needs to ship first.
NO
YOU HAVE NO FEEDBACK
STOP TRYING TO ARGUE IT
I even tried to cut him a break and say we ship at the same time
but nope
"YOU SHIP FIRST OR NO DEAL"
uuuuuuugh THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS
this is the first time I have ever gotten legitimately angry at someone online
I'm just so frustrated! None of his arguments made any sense
whatever
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
lower feedback always ships first. EVEN IF ITS ONLY BY ONE TRANSACTION. dont deal with them if they are that "stuck" on it. i'd wait until the next deal. dont get burnt.
and if they have NO feedback, i wouldnt even discuss it past "these are my terms". and "im the one with 26 positive feedback". they have ZERO and you have 26." no deal then. SORRY. "
Yeah, I tried that...
(I had had a short conversation vie Ebay inbox with who he stated to be his mother, which was the only reason I even thought of shipping at the same time)
I went to eat, and it continued over text message...
the user is apearently in college (like I am), and he is the most immature user I have ever dealt with haha, and I've dealt with my fair share of Jr-high youngens!
Some of the textx received by me included spam texting question marks, claiming that I am bitching and crying about it because I posted in his thread quite maturely (albeit a bit stingy) attempting to save others time, and "I can do what I want when I want" when I asked him to stop texting me
now it's just kinda funny
oh, and he reported my post in his thread
Old 03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

it isnt worth the time. if thats how they are going to be with zero feedback, i can imagine that they will try to scam some sort of b.s. about it never arriving or it was damaged, or some crap. your not in the wrong, nor are you out of line. especially if they initiate wanting to trade, then demanding "this and that". just move on and dont ever deal with them again. and i wouldnt change anything: lower feedback ALWAYS ships first. once you get their item, then you follow through and ship their item.

and the ebay "mother" thing...... complete b.s. anyone who needs their mother to get involved is to immature to have a paypal account and conduct business in a professional and honest manner. so i'd say that is a scam. really? college and their mother is "involved" with a rctech transaction?

Yeah, I tried that...
(I had had a short conversation vie Ebay inbox with who he stated to be his mother, which was the only reason I even thought of shipping at the same time)
I went to eat, and it continued over text message...
the user is apearently in college (like I am), and he is the most immature user I have ever dealt with haha, and I've dealt with my fair share of Jr-high youngens!
Some of the textx received by me included spam texting question marks, claiming that I am bitching and crying about it because I posted in his thread quite maturely (albeit a bit stingy) attempting to save others time, and "I can do what I want when I want" when I asked him to stop texting me
now it's just kinda funny
oh, and he reported my post in his thread
Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
it isnt worth the time. if thats how they are going to be with zero feedback, i can imagine that they will try to scam some sort of b.s. about it never arriving or it was damaged, or some crap. your not in the wrong, nor are you out of line. especially if they initiate wanting to trade, then demanding "this and that". just move on and dont ever deal with them again. and i wouldnt change anything: lower feedback ALWAYS ships first. once you get their item, then you follow through and ship their item.

and the ebay "mother" thing...... complete b.s. anyone who needs their mother to get involved is to immature to have a paypal account and conduct business in a professional and honest manner. so i'd say that is a scam. really? college and their mother is "involved" with a rctech transaction?
Yeah, There's no way I would have followed through with it "his way"
I figured it'd be better to come "vent" a bit than to get mad, so that's why I was posting here haha.

My parents have never been involved with my transactions, if they saw how much I paid for things, I'd be in for a serious kickin'
I'm not really even that bummed about it. I wasn't even trying to sell what I offered to trade, I just saw a "will trade X for X" thread, and what he wanted was what I didn't use much, and what he had was something I could really use.
I can't wait to see if I ever even see anything of this "post reporting" haha, I've never had a post reported before, so I don't even know what happens.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Seems kind of funny these days that post are getting smaller and smaller.
Got to love the post that have an email address and send them a message if you want info..

Why would I want to email you when you post on here what you have for sale.
It would go faster if you took a picture and gave some kind of info...ie how many races it has on it,why your selling it,does it need to be fixed.

Stop being lazy
Old 03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

cool. good luck bud....

Yeah, There's no way I would have followed through with it "his way"
I figured it'd be better to come "vent" a bit than to get mad, so that's why I was posting here haha.

My parents have never been involved with my transactions, if they saw how much I paid for things, I'd be in for a serious kickin'
I'm not really even that bummed about it. I wasn't even trying to sell what I offered to trade, I just saw a "will trade X for X" thread, and what he wanted was what I didn't use much, and what he had was something I could really use.
I can't wait to see if I ever even see anything of this "post reporting" haha, I've never had a post reported before, so I don't even know what happens.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Can somebody please explain to me the logic of editing out the price after an item has sold? Wouldn't it make more sense to change the price to whatever you sold it for or leave it like it was? That way people can research and see what they should be asking for an item they want to sell. Maybe that would stop all of these idiots from asking new prices for their used stuff. And maybe it would help the newcomers know what a fair price is.

Just wondering...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I usually post multiple items whn I post ads. When one of the items sells, I usually delete the whole line, or somtimes just the price and put sold in it's place. I usually only do this if the multiple items are in the same pic. That way the buyers don't and can't assume that they will be getting everything in the pic.
BTW, what the seller and buyer agree on for price doesn't really concern you. Personally, it is really none of your business what I or anyone else sells their stuff for.
The market at any given time can be high or low on items. You can't base your selling price off what some one else sold one for, especially if it is used. Yours and theirs are probably in different condition, different amounts of use, different options.
Sometimes in talking to people over the phone, and in PMs I get the feeling they are a good down to earth personand really enjoy the hobby, or are just getting started, and I actually give them a killer deal. Lately I was giving extras in with every purchase if the buyer seemed like a decent person.

Stephen
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skerry1
Can somebody please explain to me the logic of editing out the price after an item has sold? Wouldn't it make more sense to change the price to whatever you sold it for or leave it like it was? That way people can research and see what they should be asking for an item they want to sell. Maybe that would stop all of these idiots from asking new prices for their used stuff. And maybe it would help the newcomers know what a fair price is.

Just wondering...
read back a few pages. That was addressed
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toobad4u
I usually post multiple items whn I post ads. When one of the items sells, I usually delete the whole line, or somtimes just the price and put sold in it's place. I usually only do this if the multiple items are in the same pic. That way the buyers don't and can't assume that they will be getting everything in the pic.
BTW, what the seller and buyer agree on for price doesn't really concern you. Personally, it is really none of your business what I or anyone else sells their stuff for.
The market at any given time can be high or low on items. You can't base your selling price off what some one else sold one for, especially if it is used. Yours and theirs are probably in different condition, different amounts of use, different options.
Sometimes in talking to people over the phone, and in PMs I get the feeling they are a good down to earth personand really enjoy the hobby, or are just getting started, and I actually give them a killer deal. Lately I was giving extras in with every purchase if the buyer seemed like a decent person.

Stephen
I understand not wanting to say the price decided on, that's why I said either that price or the original price. I don't get why it matters either. The practice I don't get is overwriting your price with the word "Sold" when it's just as easy to type Sold and leave the price. I understand that prices will be different based on the condition but I've certainly went back and tried to see what an item in the same condition as mine went for. I don't really know why you were so peeved by my suggestion but I apologize if anything I said upset you. I wasn't criticizing anyone, just simply asking for an explanation. To me, the biggest thing is getting more people into this hobby. Getting bad deals is a quick way to stop a newcomer from ordering here and maybe turns them away completely. So how are they supposed to know what's a fair price?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skerry1
I understand not wanting to say the price decided on, that's why I said either that price or the original price. I don't get why it matters either. The practice I don't get is overwriting your price with the word "Sold" when it's just as easy to type Sold and leave the price. I understand that prices will be different based on the condition but I've certainly went back and tried to see what an item in the same condition as mine went for. I don't really know why you were so peeved by my suggestion but I apologize if anything I said upset you. I wasn't criticizing anyone, just simply asking for an explanation. To me, the biggest thing is getting more people into this hobby. Getting bad deals is a quick way to stop a newcomer from ordering here and maybe turns them away completely. So how are they supposed to know what's a fair price?
Great point, I like both your posts. Very similar to mine on page 8. I would like to be able to look back at old for sale posts to see what stuff is listed for so if I'm a buyer I know the right range it should be or if I'm a seller I know where I should set my price. I never did quite understand why people would cover the asking price with a "sold" rather than just adding it to the top of the post. I must admit though its nice when sellers update thier threads titles with "Sold" so it saves me the trouble of opening it just to see that its sold.

Either way is fine depending on preference of the seller, no right or wrong, its just information and some people are fine disclosing it and others arent.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Too many people dont read the threads through, so putting sold where the price was makes it so they (hopefully) wont bump a dead thread with an offer.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Too many people dont read the threads through, so putting sold where the price was makes it so they (hopefully) wont bump a dead thread with an offer.
Yes I have seen 5 year old threads that clearly say sold with the price still listed bumped asking if still available. since I have started removing the price I don't get messages asking if things are available. I'd rather be asked what something sold for than asked if its still available when its clearly marked sold. Maybe its just me...

Last edited by bigwavedave33; 03-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwavedave33
Yes I have seen 5 year old threads that clearly say sold with the price still listed bumped asking if still available. since I have started removing the price I don't get messages asking if things are available. I'd rather be asked what something sold for than asked if its still available when its clearly marked sold. Maybe its just me...
Its become apparent that everyone wants this rule, or that rule to make this all work the way we want. Really, IMO what hasn't become apparent is that its all for not, because 90% of the buy/sell browsers do not read or follow the rules we have. Adding more rules isn't going to help, when the few we do have are not being followed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.