Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMax

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i don't know much about these engines and king from rc-mushroom had suggested this engine for my mbx5.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1320

i wanted to get some opinions before i pull the trigger. i 've asked around, but noone locally (to me) seems to have any experience or feedback.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by DickemDown
i don't know much about these engines and king from rc-mushroom had suggested this engine for my mbx5.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=1320

i wanted to get some opinions before i pull the trigger. i 've asked around, but noone locally (to me) seems to have any experience or feedback.
I dont know about buggy engines, but I do run Novamax on both 10th and 8th scale. very powerful engines and they are on par with JP's, M. Rossi, Collari RB's and such
Old 03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys....I'm having problem tuning ts engine.....my current setting is HNS 5 turn-out & LNS 4 turns-out with a Shark pipe and plug #6 Tornado 25%. The engine will just stall after 3-4 laps.....temp. ok.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Warm the motor up for a few minutes and recheck the idle speed, most of the time it lowers a little once everything is warmed up, have to make sure chassis is warm before doing the fine tuning.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SlobbaTech
Warm the motor up for a few minutes and recheck the idle speed, most of the time it lowers a little once everything is warmed up, have to make sure chassis is warm before doing the fine tuning.
thks......
Old 03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had the same problem, I put a new plug in and it was perfect without touching the engine adjustment screws
Old 03-22-2004, 12:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ravi Nair
Hi guys....I'm having problem tuning ts engine.....my current setting is HNS 5 turn-out & LNS 4 turns-out with a Shark pipe and plug #6 Tornado 25%. The engine will just stall after 3-4 laps.....temp. ok.
we almost has the same setting here and i found the same problem yesterday. it takes me half day to cure it...wasted my time on track. Until, until someone got enough already seeing me on and off the track picking up my car and got pity to me at the end of the day...it was the plug.
the same old plug on the 1st day after break-in the engine..hahhahaha shame on me.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default novamax mf15

has any one heard anything about the new .15 by novamax. i seen it on rc-mushroom web site and was wondering if it is worth the price. i drag race and was going to get to novamax 5 port turbo , i saw this and was wondering would this one be better
Old 03-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Like others say, check the plug.

If that's ok and you still have problems, I'm just guessing here that I think 4 turns out on the LSN is a little too rich with that pipe. Mine is about 2.5 full turns out if I'm not mistaken. I think your idle is set high to prevent the engine from stalling, correct? Once leaning the LSN and when the engine idle goes up, lower the idle needle.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
we almost has the same setting here and i found the same problem yesterday. it takes me half day to cure it...wasted my time on track. Until, until someone got enough already seeing me on and off the track picking up my car and got pity to me at the end of the day...it was the plug.
the same old plug on the 1st day after break-in the engine..hahhahaha shame on me.
Please guys, take no offense, as I mean none.

The darkside has me it has...

One should change the plug after break-in and dispose of the 'old' plug properly, this was advised by most manufacturers if I'm not mistaken. Rememder that there are many different schools of thought on engine break-in and maintenance, but I will suggest one thing... Run the motor in with the plug you bought it or an equivelent (if you rebuild) and throw it away when the motor is run-in, this will prevent funny things like this happening.

This is just my 2 cents, please take no offence if I sound rude, I dont mean to...
Old 03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Like others say, check the plug.

If that's ok and you still have problems, I'm just guessing here that I think 4 turns out on the LSN is a little too rich with that pipe. Mine is about 2.5 full turns out if I'm not mistaken. I think your idle is set high to prevent the engine from stalling, correct? Once leaning the LSN and when the engine idle goes up, lower the idle needle.
yes you r right, my idle is set quite high.....will try out the above and see how it works.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Prophet

yes you r right, my idle is set quite high.....will try out the above and see how it works.
Make that a correction. 2 full turns out of the LSN. The last time it was 2.5 turns out, I was playing with the MSN needle which I leaned about half a turn in from the stock flat against the carb body.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by BaxterC
Please guys, take no offense, as I mean none.

The darkside has me it has...

One should change the plug after break-in and dispose of the 'old' plug properly, this was advised by most manufacturers if I'm not mistaken. Rememder that there are many different schools of thought on engine break-in and maintenance, but I will suggest one thing... Run the motor in with the plug you bought it or an equivelent (if you rebuild) and throw it away when the motor is run-in, this will prevent funny things like this happening.

This is just my 2 cents, please take no offence if I sound rude, I dont mean to...
BaxterC...no problem. Any suggestion always better than being ignored
For run-in my Max, i changed to hotter plug the Nova #5. Up to 10 tanks or more then only i changed back to Nova #6tF...of which up to now, only 3 plugs im using. The Max is only on its 4-5 litres usage. Still damn tight. worth every penny.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a brand new MAX 15 Like to sell it.
This is the 12 crankcase with 15 Piston & sleeve.

PM me if anybody interested.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Factory setting

Does anyone know the factory setting for a Novamax Max3 Turbo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.