Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Engine Bearings...... Which company?? >

Engine Bearings...... Which company??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Bearings...... Which company??

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like another T echnical K nock O ut.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdux
Looks like another T echnical K nock O ut.
Yes sir
Old 01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sein
I was just referring to engine bearing but what makes you pick boca over tko?
If you don't mind explaining a little
Nothing at all: just feel better paying alittle extra for bearings I THINK are of a higher quality.

Thats it. I have tried bearings from a few companies for my OS Vspec.Only one failed pretty quick (none mentioned here), the rest held up. I don't KNOW if any ore better than others, I PREFER Boca. I have never had a problem with their bearings in the long run.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
Nothing at all: just feel better paying alittle extra for bearings I THINK are of a higher quality.

Thats it. I have tried bearings from a few companies for my OS Vspec.Only one failed pretty quick (none mentioned here), the rest held up. I don't KNOW if any ore better than others, I PREFER Boca. I have never had a problem with their bearings in the long run.
Right on. Thanks again for your input but I will be going with TKO.
I just talked to Adam of ABMods and he recommends TKO as well. Since he is my engine expert I will take his advise.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2 pennies

I know you decided, but for what it's worth I really like the double sealed Nova front bearing, it seals really good and lasts a long time, now for the rear bearing I'm not the expert on that subject.....
Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+1 we use and Sell Tko and have have xlnt feedback on our engines and customers engines.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a ceramic front bearing that is double sealed.
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mugengreg
Does anyone know of a ceramic front bearing that is double sealed.
Thanks.
TKO Ceramic front engine bearings come double sealed.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

TKO ceramic front bearings come with a seal on both sides. They aren't "double sealed" like the Novarossi 17011 front bearing. The 17011 front bearing has two seals on the front side. Best front bearing made IMO

I use TKO ceramics for rear bearings and Novarossi double sealed 17011 front bearings. I'm not a fan of TKO's front bearings.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Novarossi bearings are the best...1+Jamminkrazy!
if you want the best front engine bearing just put the Novarossi 17011 its a little pricey but it worth the money! Double seals at the outer side and open at inside,NO LEAK after 15L of fuel...Also and for rear i prefer novarossi ...
Old 01-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

i just looked and right now on nova's site they are having a 40% off sale on everything. So that makes the front bearing almost the same price as all others Gonna have to try em!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

novarossi for THE best engine bearings period!!! i would rather put novarossi steel bearings in any engine than other aftermarket ceramics , that is no joke!!! i have a killer option on the website to turn your steel novarossi bearings into ceramic i have purchased the same quality balls as the factory uses i have the balls for front and rear novarossi sizes

TKO are ok for the price , boca are good but i have seen some mistoleranced bearings , havent used AVID , havent used ACER but i think i know where they come from and not up to my standards .

i am just giving my honest opinion as to my past experiences and i am being gentle to one of the bearing distributors as far as how many failures i have seen out of them

and i love the TKO special clutch bell bearings also
Old 01-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Acer has hot young chickies posing all over thats some nice eye candy but never tried their bearings though nor have I used Avid's.

The Traxxas 3.3 engine is a brutal test for any bearings.
The Bocca rear ceramic held up great,the front yellow sealed super duper no leak bearings fell apart in one race weekend,twice.

TKO is the only front rear combo that could survive in the 3.3.Customer service is the best.Shipping like 2 days.Price is fair.Their clutch bearings for the Losi are superb.

That Nova front is in my Nitro-tec engine and looks like the best front bearing around.

RB has some kind of bearing saver cover that looked interesting?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
+1 we use and Sell Tko and have have xlnt feedback on our engines and customers engines.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
+1YES SIR!....Lance Put TKO CERAMICS Front and Rear in my Go GX5R and LOVE THEM!.......from now on i will break in my motors with standard bearings and once they are ready to GO, in goes the Ceramic TKO's...
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

I see nova front bearings fail more than any other bearing. A lot of guys running novas down here Im constantly changing them out. Which surprised me because of the dual front seals and high price? Just stating my experiences. I am a fan of nova stuff so Im not hating so please dont jump on me...lol Just stating my experience.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.