Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sonsa
Dont have those brass inserts. Only the rubber ones, and when i removed them the servo fit. It didnt when i had them on.
But what negative effect comes with not having them mounted?
Sonsa the rubber alone is bad as it squashes and splits. With the brass insert the screw locks onto the brass leaving room for the rubber to act as a soft mount, like a rubber engine mount on a real car and reduces vibration etc.

If it works without the rubber then that's fine too but you can damage the ears on your servo quicker. Dont use the rubbers without the inserts.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Default Traction Roll

Hi Guy,
They have resurface our local track and we are suffering from Traction roll on my RS09. where do I start to avoid Traction Roll?

the traction roll is at corner exit.

regards and thanks for the help!!

ALG
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi Guy,
They have resurface our local track and we are suffering from Traction roll on my RS09. where do I start to avoid Traction Roll?

ALG
try diffrent body also try changing your shock oil if its too soft in front it will traction roll going hard in to corners
Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi Guy,

ALG
trick is to see what end of the car is causing it. but onpower corner exit id say the rear is causing the issue. traction roll is basically the car tipping over, the chassis cant roll anymore, and it tips. sounds wrong, but you can try a lower roll center to allow the chassis to roll a little more, you can also try to round of your tyres more on the outer edges, and even glue the sidewalls, and about 1mm more on the tyre surface. i have also heard you can true the inside edges of the tyres down alot more, maybe 3mm to narrow the tyre as well. this may help the rear end slide a little, and not grip up as harsh on power out of corners. if you are running a hard spring setup, that may help the tipping over as well. but important to try and see which end is causing the problem. there are a few things to try, i have tried a couple of them, as i was handed quite a few ways to help deal with it myself. Cheers.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

may i know if the the car is rolling on the sweeper..my friend really fed up everytime going fast on the sweeper he keep on rolling..our setup is same..but mine is ok..
Old 02-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi Guy,

ALG
What tyre shore and tyre diamater... a full set of tyres will traction roll a magic on a high grip track.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g-wan
may i know if the the car is rolling on the sweeper..my friend really fed up everytime going fast on the sweeper he keep on rolling..our setup is same..but mine is ok..
g-wan.. is he running same springs front and rear? a lack of droop and soft tyres with large diamater will do it too, edge of tyres bite if too much foam and too soft.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
g-wan.. is he running same springs front and rear? a lack of droop and soft tyres with large diamater will do it too, edge of tyres bite if too much foam and too soft.
he using
front:
solid spool
lime colour front spring
0 droop
45wt shock oil
6.5mm ride height
199 width
62mm front tyre 37shore
front 1.5' camber
toe .5'
shock position #1 in

rear:
purple colour rear spring
3mm droop
45wt shock oil
6.5mm ride height
199 width
63mm rear tyre 37shore
rear 3' camber
toe 2.5'
shock position #2 out

both kit same setup just mine running with 1way and ride height 5.5mm front and rear 6.5mm with 61/62 tyre split front and rear
Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
trick is to see what end of the car is causing it. but onpower corner exit id say the rear is causing the issue. traction roll is basically the car tipping over, the chassis cant roll anymore, and it tips. sounds wrong, but you can try a lower roll center to allow the chassis to roll a little more, you can also try to round of your tyres more on the outer edges, and even glue the sidewalls, and about 1mm more on the tyre surface. i have also heard you can true the inside edges of the tyres down alot more, maybe 3mm to narrow the tyre as well. this may help the rear end slide a little, and not grip up as harsh on power out of corners. if you are running a hard spring setup, that may help the tipping over as well. but important to try and see which end is causing the problem. there are a few things to try, i have tried a couple of them, as i was handed quite a few ways to help deal with it myself. Cheers.
Pattojnr, and all of you, thanks for the ideas, I will try going softer on the car, because I feel that the car was Traction rolling on the rear on slow corners.
The car TR with all the clasic foam combos, 35,37 (extream TR) 37, 40 and 40 42 still TR. I found out that lowering Dual Rate and driving smooth was the way to go but, there was still TR when I pushed to hard.
The spring setup was Front Grey and Rear Orange (I think they come on the G4 EVO+) and 90º on the front swaybar.

Thanks all for the ideas and keep tuning
ALG
Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
Pattojnr, and all of you, thanks for the ideas, I will try going softer on the car, because I feel that the car was Traction rolling on the rear on slow corners.
The car TR with all the clasic foam combos, 35,37 (extream TR) 37, 40 and 40 42 still TR. I found out that lowering Dual Rate and driving smooth was the way to go but, there was still TR when I pushed to hard.
The spring setup was Front Grey and Rear Orange (I think they come on the G4 EVO+) and 90º on the front swaybar.

Thanks all for the ideas and keep tuning
ALG
I could be wrong with the issue that you are experiencing; and I hope that my two cents won't add to confusion, but traction roll is mostly caused by the front tires biting into the track to hard. If what you plan to do doesn't work; try to stiffen the front a little, or reduce front traction in any other way.

Paul (Patto) and Harry are very experienced, and it's worth listening to them.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Traction Roll / Snapping out

I'd say 37's @ 63mm with soft spring is giving you EDGE BITE.. Do the tyres chunk?

The Limes are very soft, and I would assume the car is rolling over onto edges of foams and biting as they are quite large @63/62mm.

The other thing that ALG pointed out was steering rate. Seems we werent the only ones to experience this. On slippery tracks we are losing front end grips hence the car understeers and we over turn / slip the fronts until the speed drops enough then they bite

We too solved a lot of snapping out of corners by reducing the steering rate on the car and the evidence is that when we race with more drivers, the track gets rubbered in and we get more front grip.

just ideas.. who knows what esle there is to learn!
Old 02-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
I'd say 37's @ 63mm with soft spring is giving you EDGE BITE.. Do the tyres chunk?

The Limes are very soft, and I would assume the car is rolling over onto edges of foams and biting as they are quite large @63/62mm.

The other thing that ALG pointed out was steering rate. Seems we werent the only ones to experience this. On slippery tracks we are losing front end grips hence the car understeers and we over turn / slip the fronts until the speed drops enough then they bite

We too solved a lot of snapping out of corners by reducing the steering rate on the car and the evidence is that when we race with more drivers, the track gets rubbered in and we get more front grip.

just ideas.. who knows what esle there is to learn!
In the early days for Team Magic, people weren't happy and i believe they where pressured into releasing the current bellcrank design which just has too much steering for the car.

The 2009 is a much better balanced car and doesn't seem to have this issue as much...
Old 02-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Harry:

Do you know if the front belt on G4 will work on the rear? G4JR has no belt tensioner and wondering if it would be any tighter.

Andy
Old 02-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Harry:

Do you know if the front belt on G4 will work on the rear? G4JR has no belt tensioner and wondering if it would be any tighter.

Andy
Ive got a spare tensioner if you need one...
Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Abbey's G4 Mongoose 2010 Spec

Finally after 6 months of saying i will complete it for Abbey it is done. She painted the body herself and it doesn't look to bad now!

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.