Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well i dont know i had 50,000 thousand and mixed a lil bit with the 10,000, so it was more like 30000, it just made the car rotate better on power. Just made the car turn with a much smaller turning radius on power.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: lay down servo/set up

Originally posted by gentleman81
does the laydown servo conversion kit put the servo in a bad position as far as being t boned by another car?

the mugen directions out of the box dont give you a good set up, any one with a good start off set up? i am also on a parkinglot set up track.
the mugen stock set-up is one of the best.. comparing with other kit's stock set-up... u just change a little to suit your track and it sticks.. dunno abt you sir..

most of us race striaght out of the box.. and had good results
Old 05-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

what oil did you change to, and what was the result?
i am using a neg diff with 5k oil.. works fine on almost all kind of track layout so far..
Old 05-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

what hop up brands or parts should you stay away from i see the 3racing handle breaks the upper deck and the cvds from them stink but do all 3racing parts suck or just some, the same question goes for shooter, sato, etc.

are all kawahara and mugen good parts?

going on a mtx3
if buget is not a problem yeah kawahara and mugen's hop ups are good.. otherwise its abt same to me..
for me so long as it fits my budget and its good...

also no crash no spending
Old 05-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys with stock setup. Front one way, Rear Diff. Pushing your car backwards .... should it roll freely or have some binding??? I have some binding. Every once in awhile my spur gears jam up??? I've checked the 2 speed ......everything???? Any help???

thanks,
Old 05-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Nitropimp
Hey Guys with stock setup. Front one way, Rear Diff. Pushing your car backwards .... should it roll freely or have some binding??? I have some binding. Every once in awhile my spur gears jam up??? I've checked the 2 speed ......everything???? Any help???

thanks,
should be free...

few things may want to check again..
did you sand down your brake pads initially?
erm.. is your brake linkage properly connected..

it does have slight binding when new...
i think after some running-in your car should be free..
Old 05-16-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

thanks...... figured it out. Had the smallest pebble stuck in the gears. Couldn't see it. I had to spray it down.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

somebody call the doctors!!! i just sold my fully hopped mugen mtx3 and i'm considering jumping to the 710!! aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ah10
Hey Mckrooz, do I know you? I am the one noramlly go to crystal park with Data and Fish on Saturday, I am the one running a red and white MRX3 and latey I have been running a blue body MTX3.
You've seen me, although I don't think we've formally met. I'm the filipino/hispanic looking guy with the twin brother. I'm always coming over chatting with Data and Fish in between practice runs.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
somebody call the doctors!!! i just sold my fully hopped mugen mtx3 and i'm considering jumping to the 710!! aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA
you should have swapped cars with profoxCG...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Grey vs Dark Blue Springs

Does anyone have any experience comparing the Grey vs. the BDark Blue Springs? I know they have the same thickness but i think i read somewhere that the blue is a liiiiitle bit softer. Does anyone have any characteristics of the two head to head? I have the greys and I ran them this weekend for the first time and liked the way they drove, but I did notice a little morepush than I would have liked. If anyone has any info on the difference that would be great.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Grey vs Dark Blue Springs

Originally posted by gonzoY5
Does anyone have any experience comparing the Grey vs. the BDark Blue Springs? I know they have the same thickness but i think i read somewhere that the blue is a liiiiitle bit softer. Does anyone have any characteristics of the two head to head? I have the greys and I ran them this weekend for the first time and liked the way they drove, but I did notice a little morepush than I would have liked. If anyone has any info on the difference that would be great.
95 % of the mugens that run at my local track run the blue springs and they seen to handle great!
Old 05-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my car seem to be very twitchy! more like over steer /on power. Not so smooth in and out of the cornor.

I think I have to redo my diff. It seem like my diff is really tight in the front. I put in 2 extra shim just to make it feel like a lock diff. I also use purple spring front and blue on the back. ..

I think I have to redo my whole car all over again.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mckrooz
You've seen me, although I don't think we've formally met. I'm the filipino/hispanic looking guy with the twin brother. I'm always coming over chatting with Data and Fish in between practice runs.
Ahhh! I know who you are now! in fact the other day I was asking you where was your brother!

It's kind of funny that I know you already but formally meet you in the forum! hehe
Old 05-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Why not? It's good practice to examine your car thoroughly once in while.

best,

Originally posted by superk
I think I have to redo my whole car all over again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.