Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys
just looking at getting a Mugen and seen all the comments on the NTC3.. I must say I have never had a problem with my car. The diffs have been through about a gallon already and I have only adjusted them twice, once after first run, then a few months later. Have never broken an arm or shock tower, and things don't shake loose, and have only bent a couple pillow balls. Just wonder what you guys are doing to your cars to make them fall apart. Don't bash me cause I still like my NTC3 and am looking to add to the stable with the Mugen. I just have never had these problems you guys are talking about.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How many races a month are you in with your NTC3?
Old 12-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMIURU
hey guys
just looking at getting a Mugen and seen all the comments on the NTC3.. I must say I have never had a problem with my car. The diffs have been through about a gallon already and I have only adjusted them twice, once after first run, then a few months later. Have never broken an arm or shock tower, and things don't shake loose, and have only bent a couple pillow balls. Just wonder what you guys are doing to your cars to make them fall apart. Don't bash me cause I still like my NTC3 and am looking to add to the stable with the Mugen. I just have never had these problems you guys are talking about.
where do you race at? do you drive your car hard on sweepers? or do you let it roll? are you on gas most of the time?

cuz i race my ntc3 on a small track for a year and didn't have drastic problems with it. but when i went to a bigger more open track then there goes the diff. my local track is small. then they put 6 to 8 cars in a race and even if youre really good youll still hit someone sometimes or dodge someone and hit the boards... then there goes the diff case.

but if you have a wide open track and you don't gas it on turns and you drive like a point and shoot or in other words youre dont drive hard... then ntc3's are ok.

Old 12-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

and i used to race my ntc3 every week for the whole year. i also have a buddy that still races ntc3. hes a soft driver too. no gas on sweepers... point and shoot. and he loves his ntc3 also. hes saying the same things like theres no problem with the diff and stuff like that. so i guess it all goes down to driving style.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Let's get back to talking about a REAL race car. After all, this is the MTX-3 thread.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

R tolle
you already know I run a mugen. It has been an excellent car you cant go wrong, tough as nails. I do plan to buy a snake this year but the mugen stays untill I decide which I like better and maybe still. The snake looks good but the parts cost and availibility is a hard sell for me. we'll have to see if its all its hyped up to be. on the other hand you cant deny the ntc3 gets it on pretty good as you have shown us (I personally could not get diffs to live more than 15 minutes(pre white gears)caused me serious headaches at the nats in 2001)but I think the mugen can hang just fine once you figure it out. It took me a while to get mine in the sweet spot for gearing at a track as big as joyce. (don't take that wrong it has plenty enough gearing for joyce and then some) you can go all the way up to 23/42 if you really need to. I rarely go over 19 and use 21 at joyce.
Dennis
Old 12-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default posting an excel spreadsheet

hey guys,

how do I post a spreadsheet that anyone can use on their own...

I have something that would be very usefull to the MTX3 weekend racer.......
Old 12-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

rename it as a .jpg and then tell everyone to right click and save target as. Then rename back to whatever extension a spread sheet has... should work...
Old 12-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Or just put it in a zip file and attach it.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Or just put it in a zip file and attach it.
Didn't know you knew how to handle zip files.
Old 12-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Didn't know you knew how to handle zip files.
I still don't know how to handle corrupt ones!
Old 12-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
I still don't know how to handle corrupt ones!
Old 12-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

has anyone tried the STS Dragon 3 or 5 .12 engines? I've always used novarossi but now that the price is going crazy, I want to try cheaper engines like STS.

Tuning? Power? Life?
Does the STS even come close to Novarossi like they claim they do?
Old 12-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default STS MOTOR

Just remember, you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2003, 08:04 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by evlhdlts
has anyone tried the STS Dragon 3 or 5 .12 engines? I've always used novarossi but now that the price is going crazy, I want to try cheaper engines like STS.

Tuning? Power? Life?
Does the STS even come close to Novarossi like they claim they do?
I do agree that you get what you paid for

But some things have better value (bang for the buck) for its price.
Sts is one of them.

From what I have seen, STS engines are very fast, maybe not as fast as novarossi, but just remember the price. From what I saw preciously, i could not tell a difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.