Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 gp onroad w'cship ifmar 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
Stefan, i do apreciate your opinion about everyone making the sport too expensive, but have you seen the price? Its for one piece. But hey the are worth every penny,(euro)
It's for six pieces, as shown in the picture.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
It's for six pieces, as shown in the picture.
Oh sorry Daan, it said a piece. Will order them then to try them next year. Ar you attending the nomac meeting?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I think it's not totally true,if someone is saucing for more time than anyone else then they have the know-how.
They have the knowhow how to prepare the tires some days before a race to get more grip but still hide it. Treating tires on the same day at the track is compleetly different and I do believe giving a better performance.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by djiewie
Oh sorry Daan, it said a piece. Will order them then to try them next year. Ar you attending the nomac meeting?
No problem. Yes I will attend the meeting.

Originally Posted by Roelof
They have the knowhow how to prepare the tires some days before a race to get more grip but still hide it. Treating tires on the same day at the track is compleetly different and I do believe giving a better performance.
Exactly.
When you want to treat a tire secretly you must use a completely different product compared to using a legal product aimed at pure performance.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Oh really.

When I listen to the interviews with the big guns from the worlds, I hear that saucing is the biggest problem for them.

And why? What good does it do?

Does a foam shed nitro car need sauce to be fast?
If the electric guys can figure it out, so can the gas guys.

Maybe that is the difference? And that is why so many of the top guys at this WC are also long-time electric on-road racers?

The good that it does is to equalize the field. Everyone has the same opportunity to use additive to their greatest benefit. You simply cannot regulate it effectively(especially at such a high profile event) without moving to handout tires. And, IMO, handout tires will be the final nail in gas on-roads coffin if that becomes a reality.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
If the electric guys can figure it out, so can the gas guys.

Maybe that is the difference? And that is why so many of the top guys at this WC are also long-time electric on-road racers?

And, IMO, handout tires will be the final nail in gas on-roads coffin if that becomes a reality.
EP onroad has had a controlled tyre, this years WC was no additive, a controlled tyre would not mean the end of the world, infact i think it has its advantages. every one is on the same tyre, there are no additives to think about, so now it becomes a drivers race. setup and the driver , EP onroad isnt suffering due to a control tyre, why would Gas ?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Can someone briefly explain to me how these rocket rounds work...? Like the top 2 advance to the upper main...? Or top 3, or 4...?

I know the TOP 4 guys are already in the main, the rest of the 8 sports are coming from the lower mains, so...the slowest guy of the event still has a chance to bump up to the main...like after 6 hours of mains...LOL.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
But don't you agree it's also the easy excuse for being of the pace?.
If I can figure it out within one day of practice at the euros it can't be that difficult?.

Also I think we might see the true pace of some drivers, because everyone uses additive. The guys who have been using it illegally for some time should find them selfs in a lower spot.
I was speaking to my son about this... If you can't test for it, then might as well make it legal because with the method EFRA came up with, I doubt there would be a single car that would make it around the Bangkok track with 64/62. Either traction roll and/or chunk. So to me this only means this system will PULL BACK the fast guys because they have no options. It's not creating fair parity, just handicapping.

With 122 drivers in the world, I'd be bold enough to say there's levels of racing..

0 - 30 - These driver get the full benefit of a good additive strategy, they are all highly experienced drivers and know what they are doing.

30-60 - These drivers will benefit too and guys may just edge into the top 30, but they still need a complete package or a very strong drive to even get to this level, so they know what they are doing.

60-80 - It wouldnt make much difference to this level as any of the top thirty would be faster without traction additive

80-122 - Traction additive will slow these guys down, traction rolling etc. It's just another issue to deal with and more distraction.

I think the additives have made for a spectacular display of traction and ultimate performance. It allowed for true separation, it probably levelled out the tyre manufacturer playing field and from the results, all the right names seem to be in the right places.

So, now can we get back to the awesome coverage and racing ahead!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not a fan of saucing and am surprised that most all pro drivers are against the saucing of the additives at the WORLDS. But what I am totally impressed with is that all pro drivers that were interviewed spoke about the average driver they felt some sort sorrow for the average racer and what a huge disadvantage it is for them to race at the Worlds event and compete. That was pretty awesome.
The worlds are going to be good one and come down to I do not think to saucing of the tires. I think real hard tires and that could be the key the way racers are talking about traction rolling, small tires and to much saucing.

WWW.ACORNRACINGUSA.COM
PRODUCTS FOR SERIOUS "NITRO" ON ROAD RACERS

Last edited by YLLIB; 11-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Can someone briefly explain to me how these rocket rounds work...? Like the top 2 advance to the upper main...? Or top 3, or 4...?

I know the TOP 4 guys are already in the main, the rest of the 8 sports are coming from the lower mains, so...the slowest guy of the event still has a chance to bump up to the main...like after 6 hours of mains...LOL.
Solara, yep, if the gods love you, you can be a world champion from last position of after quals.

FINAL: TOP 4 in Qualification move straight into final with their own pre-final warmup

SEMI : Next 14 drivers in qualification 7 + 7 for each heat leaving room for 3 drivers from each of the 1/4 heats to bump up. The top two from each SEMI move into final directly, then it's the next fastest 2 in the SEMIs overall to make teh A-Main.

1/4 : Same 7 + 7 but top three from each 1/8 bump up. (I dont think it's top 2 and 2 overall)
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure if Control tires will work for nitro like electric.... inspecting a rubber tire for additive is a lot easier vs foam. Electric racing also went with no additive because it saves on rubber tires which most races give out 3 per competitor. Nitro racers use 1 set per round, Some cars work better with certain diameter tires and some don't.. This will also get rid of the hour main drama with someone on smaller tires going faster with one extra pit vs some one with a slightly slower pace going on one tire... Going with hand out tires just gets rid of too many great aspects of having a 1 hour main.....

Next worlds will be about who had the most time on this brand tire on this diameter tires at the local track....

This worlds to me seems to be on par with other worlds... Top names on top with some notable names being a little bit low compared to what everyone expects of them?

Last 1/8th worlds had tire impound and Collari didn't make the finals so bad weekends can happen and it is not directly because of tire treatment.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

When does the final start and where can we see it?
(the button on rcracingtv is dead and only shows old videos)
Old 11-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
Solara, yep, if the gods love you, you can be a world champion from last position of after quals.

FINAL: TOP 4 in Qualification move straight into final with their own pre-final warmup

SEMI : Next 14 drivers in qualification 7 + 7 for each heat leaving room for 3 drivers from each of the 1/4 heats to bump up. The top two from each SEMI move into final directly, then it's the next fastest 2 in the SEMIs overall to make teh A-Main.

1/4 : Same 7 + 7 but top three from each 1/8 bump up. (I dont think it's top 2 and 2 overall)
Ah....thanks, I kinda remember it now, from the 1/8th WC....just love to see the last 2 spots is actually on the TIME instead of position.

I know the LAST guy of the event can physically possible to get to the A-main, but I am not sure about the DRIVER himself is physically strong enough to stand on the driver stands for 6 hours, several gallons of fuel, tons of mileage on the engine, and X amount sets of tires... I wish there is that SOMEONE actually did something like that...may not be from the 256th but still be cool to see someone bumps from the 64th or 32th...
Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rbakker
It currently is 6am in Thailand so they aren't broadcasting live Koekie.

Daan has has semi at 13:00 local time on saturday so 7am saturday for us. I'm guessing the final will be around 2:00-3:00pm local time but I will be watching from the semis till the end of the main so didn't check.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rbakker
I hope you have FACEBOOK....add IFMAR (liked) and they have a photo album from 256th all the way up to the final with the drivers info...and each main, it has the Thailand local starting day/date and time listed on the right hand side.

Look at DAY 8 images...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6709004&type=1

MyRCM used to work, but it stopped after Q5....disappointed.

According from the images, Championship main start at 3:15pm local Thailand time. I think introduction and warm up start at 3pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.