Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vlp
Ough you are totally right , I forgot to buy all those cleaning sprays , I'll put some order tonight !
Be careful, most automotive cleaning sprays ( carburator cleaners, WD40 and such kinds ) contains petroleum disstilates that is harmful to orange silicone inside the crankshaft and rubber o rings. I don't know what is inside OS engine ....... but inside Novarossi engines, there is orange or red silicone in the crankshaft. Petroleum based cleaners makes the silicone swollen and finally tear off.

That's why I recommend electric motor sprays for spraying inside the engine.

For outside cleaning, its okay to use automotive cleaners.

Enjoy this hobby
Old 04-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I mainly stick to alcohols. Denatured and rubbing. For engine lubrication I use none other than mugen maintenance oil. Same with air filter oil, mugen.

But what was said is true it can remove the silicone in a crankshaft.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Looking for some opinions

I'm changing from a NTC3 to the MTX-4. I'm looking for set up advice, what spare parts I should buy with it? etc...
The track I run on is very smooth and big 180 X 90. I've been racing for 3 years now and I'm still able, in spite of my best efforts, to ocasionally hit things with great velocity.
Thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sfl232
I'm changing from a NTC3 to the MTX-4. I'm looking for set up advice, what spare parts I should buy with it? etc...
The track I run on is very smooth and big 180 X 90. I've been racing for 3 years now and I'm still able, in spite of my best efforts, to ocasionally hit things with great velocity.
Thanks for the help
Nice to see new MTX4 driver.

Welcome to MTX4 forum.

I would suggest to keep few or single MTX4 spare parts such as :

Front and Rear Lower Suspension Arms
Few of Steering Knuckles / Steering Uprights
Few of Front & Side & Rear Belts
Few of Spur Gears on 1st and 2nd
1st Gear One Way Bearing Housing
Lower Suspension Arms Hinge Pins
Plastic Ball connectors for steering linkages
And these stuffs :

For MTX4 hop ups :
http://www.kawahara-racing.co.jp/partsf.html

For MTX4 setup sheets :
USA site : http://www.mugenracing.com
JAPAN / International site : http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm

For MTX4 shopping place to buy hop ups or spare parts or kits :
http://www.brooklynhobbies.com
http://www.mugenracing.com/shop/index.html
http://www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp

Last edited by asw7576; 04-16-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help
I have a spares list at my MTX-4 Web site. Quick link is in my signature.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the help
also, if you don't get a locked, one-way, be sure to get the kawahara part to make a spool, and parts to make a front diff.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Well, here is the last part that I've made for the MTX-4......I was trying to get these produced before now, but the person who I want to do the work is too busy at the time, but in the future, hopefully.

This is a carbon fiber batter tray that lowers the batteries 2mm......this will place the batteries .3mm from being flush with the bottom of the chassis. At the time, there is only 5 made and I will give one away on monday. anybody who would like to be put in the drawing for one, please email only once at [email protected]. When produced, the cost I'll trying to keep at or below $10 shipped, (in the US).......When you email me, just say "yes" or "NO" in the email if you would purchase one when they are produced. I won't pass your information along, but I will use your information as to how many parts I need to have produced as it will only be ran 1 time.

I will contact the winner with a reply email and will also post the person(s) name as to who won Only enter your email once, as I might just go ahead and give 2 or 3 away! And to be fair, I will also post the name(s) or screen-name of the persons who receive the part.

Oh, to get the full benefit of this part, when shipped, it will contain instructions on how to mod the car to get the CG down lower.

The winner of the part was : Lil Bump......he will be receiving a new Radio deck, battery tray and the instructions on how to make the mods to lower the CG of the car.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
The winner of the part was : Lil Bump......he will be receiving a new Radio deck, battery tray and the instructions on how to make the mods to lower the CG of the car.
What a lucky guy - battery tray and the radio deck . I must have missed that part about the radio deck in your original post.

So how did the mods work out at Kissimmee this weekend??
Old 04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

I've finalized all the mods for the car now. I know what works and what doesn't now, with that being said, their is only 1 mod that I'm still trying to see if it is worth it, but when the track is very loose, it seems to work better and when the traction comes up, it makes the car push like it has a brick behind it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
What a lucky guy - battery tray and the radio deck . I must have missed that part about the radio deck in your original post.

So how did the mods work out at Kissimmee this weekend??
I'm going to play the lottery tonight!!!

Thanks, again

RCfoolz you are a true asset to the Mugen family
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Wa big track !
Old 04-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-4 Opinion

Thanks for the info.
Don't the kits come with a one way out of the box?
I'm going to get one on order.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info.
Don't the kits come with a one way out of the box?
I'm going to get one on order.
Standard kit comes with a one-way. The MTX-4R comes with a one-way/solid combo, so you can run either one.

If you think you'll need a front diff, you can find the list of parts you'll need here: http://www.nitrokb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=911#911
Old 04-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Hey, check this out. This guy has a fuel splash guard next to his tank. Anybody else use one of these??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=223060

BTW.. He is selling his car: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159329

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.