Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

so excited I double posted...
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit-racer
I have bit the bullet and have joined the serpent cobra gt family. I look forward to racing with you all and hope you don't mind my rustiness on driving skills.
Doh!!! You holdin out on me!!!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No partner ... just working to keep up with you.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Some Cobra love from RCShox!!

We designed some braces that fill the void between the full LRP braces for high grip and no braces for low grip. If you are not running the braces now take a straight edge and look how bent your arms are!! This is because the arms are made for offroad. Soft arms create better grip when traction is low but as traction goes up they deflect more and the braces do their job. These new braces allow for arm flex but keep the arms straight at the same time so for low to med grip they are optimal!

For those of you that want to run the new Serpent body (maclaren) the stock rear body mount sits too far back and right under the wing post. So we designed a body mount extender that puts the post in front of the shocks.

Lastly, the 2 stage pistons have been redesigned specifically for on road now. The material has a higher percentage of Teflon in it so they are super smooth and the rebound and vent holes are now larger which give them even quicker rebound and quicker reaction. On the track this translates to a car that will transition laterally and longitudinally quicker. the last version were 8 holes 1.3 compression 1.4 rebound, the new ones are 4 holes 1.5 compression and 1.8 rebound. Andy Lui can chime in on how they worked for him!
Pistons are available now the braces and mounts will be ready next week! thanks guys
Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Cool stuff Marcus. I have ran the Mclaren body numerous times because the long chassis has all the cool bodies All you need to do is rotate the body posts so the pins go front to back. The RTR had a decent picture of what I'm talking about. Shock inserts look cool though.

On that note as well The RTR is coming soon! I was told shipping for the electric version was end of Feb and Nitro version was mid March. Very excited to see these hit the shelves! If you haven't seen the 2 new kits yet you can check them out from the links below. I sure wish I started out with a RTR Serpent Cobra GT Nicely done Serpent this is a game changer for the GT crown no doubt! The specs look fantastic!

Novarossi Powered RTR Serpent Cobra GT
http://serpent.com/product/600042

Dragon RC Powered Serpent Cobra GTe
http://serpent.com/product/600045
Old 02-19-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

Actually rotating the pins doesnt move the position. in stock form the pins sit right on the edge the raised wing mounts, center to center is 5.5" the inside of the wing mount is 5.6" so yes it will work but then your pins are directly under the wing. The wing in that picture is not the normal wing unless thats something Serpent is going to change with the kit. the bodies are mfg by Hobao and have been for years so its unlikely that the wing pictured is the wing that will come with it, looks like a protoform wing to be honest. But either way its just another option!!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Actually rotating the pins doesnt move the position. in stock form the pins sit right on the edge the raised wing mounts, center to center is 5.5" the inside of the wing mount is 5.6" so yes it will work but then your pins are directly under the wing. The wing in that picture is not the normal wing unless thats something Serpent is going to change with the kit. the bodies are mfg by Hobao and have been for years so its unlikely that the wing pictured is the wing that will come with it, looks like a protoform wing to be honest. But either way its just another option!!
Yeah the wing does look a bit narrower and taller no doubt. Does moving the body mount change the effectiveness of the rear down force? You would think moving it forward would take some of the leverage out based on geometry. I had to leave the wing clear and use big pins is all. Cool stuff man keep up the good work!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Yeah the wing does look a bit narrower and taller no doubt. Does moving the body mount change the effectiveness of the rear down force? You would think moving it forward would take some of the leverage out based on geometry. I had to leave the wing clear and use big pins is all. Cool stuff man keep up the good work!
shouldnt change anything at all, may actually help. Will find out this weekend!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Lastly, the 2 stage pistons have been redesigned specifically for on road now. The material has a higher percentage of Teflon in it so they are super smooth and the rebound and vent holes are now larger which give them even quicker rebound and quicker reaction. On the track this translates to a car that will transition laterally and longitudinally quicker. the last version were 8 holes 1.3 compression 1.4 rebound, the new ones are 4 holes 1.5 compression and 1.8 rebound. Andy Lui can chime in on how they worked for him!
Pistons are available now the braces and mounts will be ready next week! thanks guys
Marcus had graciously provided me a set of RC SHOX 2 stage pistons on my Serpent Cobra GT. After some testing runs I came to realize that these pistons actually provide the car with faster lateral and longitudinal transition which would translate to a faster car without sacrificing car's overall stability on a well prepped track. This is definitely a winning product. Thank you Marcus and RC SHOX for your relentless effort on providing us GT racers championship products to make these GT cars even more FUN to drive!!!

Last edited by Flyin Hawaiian1; 02-19-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Think I might need to get some to put me in the championship circle.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Is there a tool everyone is using to remove the pinion gears from the clutch bell? I purchased the serpent centax pinion tool and it doesn't fit the gears. I prefer not to put pliers to the pinion and damage the teeth if there is a better alternative.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tandum4056
Is there a tool everyone is using to remove the pinion gears from the clutch bell? I purchased the serpent centax pinion tool and it doesn't fit the gears. I prefer not to put pliers to the pinion and damage the teeth if there is a better alternative.
The old long light grey centax tool works, that's what I use with the TeamC (I had fitted a serpent 17T pinion). I would assume it would also work with any 8th scale pinion. Which tool exactly did you try with? If it's the Centax III, it's exclusively for 10th scale if I am not mistaken...
Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Going to be selling my cobra gt. Never see any for sale for I don't know what it's worth. Here's the deal on

Purchased march 2013.
3 races. About 5 gallons
Car is mint. Never crashed or bashed
0* aluminum front hubs
Aluminum 2speed holder
Aluminum servo horns
Hard servo saver spring
Lightweight wheel nuts
Black and white springs

Car works.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

We designed some braces that fill the void between the full LRP braces for high grip and no braces for low grip. If you are not running the braces now take a straight edge and look how bent your arms are!! This is because the arms are made for offroad. Soft arms create better grip when traction is low but as traction goes up they deflect more and the braces do their job. These new braces allow for arm flex but keep the arms straight at the same time so for low to med grip they are optimal!

What is the price?? Where to buy?? Are installation instructions included??
Old 02-20-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Going to be selling my cobra gt. Never see any for sale for I don't know what it's worth. Here's the deal on

Purchased march 2013.
3 races. About 5 gallons
Car is mint. Never crashed or bashed
0* aluminum front hubs
Aluminum 2speed holder
Aluminum servo horns
Hard servo saver spring
Lightweight wheel nuts
Black and white springs

Car works.

Thanks
How much? Might have a buyer here in Texas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.