Kyosho v-one rrr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

what is the recommended drift tires w/ rim for this v-one rrr?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

today i stripped 2 x second spur gear
this is the first time i came across this

why did it stripped is :
Maybe i tighen too way in for the 2 speed shoe right into it and there are totally no free play from the shaft and only the spurs have lots of free play.... did that perviously and nothing happen but only happen
today...
Or i maybe after had a head to head crush causing the engine to run wild and the spur stripped ???
Not my day to bashing as after all this, my chassic got bent, stripped spur gear and seems like my car aren't running smoothly

maybe it time to change to my 7075 chassic
Old 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maskedrider

why did it stripped is :
Maybe i tighen too way in for the 2 speed shoe right into it and there are totally no free play from the shaft and only the spurs have lots of free play.... did that perviously and nothing happen but only happen
today...
Or i maybe after had a head to head crush causing the engine to run wild and the spur stripped ???
Not my day to bashing as after all this, my chassic got bent, stripped spur gear and seems like my car aren't running smoothly

Mkae sure your pinions are not sharp..this will strip the spurs..also if you collided hard this could have shifted your motor mount......try to use 2mm screws for the bottom of the motor mount intsted of the phillips this allows you to crank down on the screws in turn really tightens down the mount.

hope this helps
Old 09-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Mkae sure your pinions are not sharp..this will strip the spurs..also if you collided hard this could have shifted your motor mount......try to use 2mm screws for the bottom of the motor mount intsted of the phillips this allows you to crank down on the screws in turn really tightens down the mount.

hope this helps
yup...the impact is very hard till my car run wild and chassic got bent
check my pinion and it perfectly ok, but forget to check if my mounting is shifted cos i'm using philip screw 3 x 10 mm (HPI ) into in
Old 09-24-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Adept

I uses Futaba 3pk HRS 27 Mhz with 2 nos of Futaba S9451 servos. I hear electronic noise (soft) when i switch on the Rx and Tx. Is it normal?

Secondly, the correct procedure to turn on the radio sys is to switch on the Rx first then the Tx or the other way round?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

occasional noise from the servo's is ok - i use ko's and they do it to sometimes...

turn on transmtter then your car or receiver so Tx then Rx, unless you use spektrum then it doesnt really matter
Old 09-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

you can switch it on in any order you like.
the only reason people say to turn it on in a specific order is to stop runaways....
if you turn your radio on (in any order) before you fire up the engine you will be okay

servo noise is ok if the servos are digital
Old 09-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Dyn & AE it helps to ease my worries. Greatz
Old 09-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default gears

Originally Posted by maskedrider

why did it stripped is :
today...

also check to see if you have end play on your first spur gear by moving the the 2 speed one way east & west if you have no play you need to adjust the 2 speed shoe collar to free it up i stipped 2 also & thats what it was hope this helps
Old 09-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

hey guys i have raced a mtx3 in the past and was wanting to get a mtx4 untill a friend told me the RRR smokes the 4, can you all tell me why it is better in your own opinion, thanks so much
Old 09-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
also check to see if you have end play on your first spur gear by moving the the 2 speed one way east & west if you have no play you need to adjust the 2 speed shoe collar to free it up i stipped 2 also & thats what it was hope this helps
i now had a little free play on the Rear main shaft as well as the btween 1st and 2nd spurs gear. Will try again this weekend to see if its stripped again
Old 09-26-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mugenb46
hey guys i have raced a mtx3 in the past and was wanting to get a mtx4 untill a friend told me the RRR smokes the 4, can you all tell me why it is better in your own opinion, thanks so much
i know a lot of people that own a mtx-4 and they are having trouble setting it up. I think the rrr is easier to setup and doesn't matter what settings its got it is always smooth.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spur directions

Forward direction is smooth however the reverse direction seems stiff or tight.
Why is this the problem? When I loosen the grub screw slightly its much smoother in the reverse direction. Aren't it suppose to be tighten?

Old 09-27-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

For those racer using OS 5port .12 TZ engine do you find the flywheel very tight in the beginning to fire off the engine for the first time?
Old 09-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Black_Widow
Forward direction is smooth however the reverse direction seems stiff or tight.
Why is this the problem? When I loosen the grub screw slightly its much smoother in the reverse direction. Aren't it suppose to be tighten?

I remember having this problem ages ago, i think you move the 2speed cam closer to the bulkhead. Try that see if it fixes it, i'm sure someone knows definately if thats the problem or not and will post soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.