Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pinion and spur gears

i have a question about changing the gears in the bell. I currently run with the RRR stock setup. if i want to change the 1st pinion gear or the 2nd by 1teeth for instance,for example from 16 to go to 17 in the 1st spead, i need to change also the spur gear? or i can just change the pinion gear? in my mind this could be strange because the engine will need to move a bit in order the extra teeth to fit.. but i am not sure any way.

antony
Old 09-18-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes, everytime you change pinions, you'll have to loosen the motor and redo the mesh. I hope that's what you are asking for.

Dom
Old 09-18-2006, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Black_Widow
Hi ppl,

Wonder wat are the recommended mAh? 6v flat battery pack and charger to be use for this v-one rrr, i'm using futaba s9451 for both steerin n throttle max require is 4.8 - 6v.

Just curious, wat will the dmg impact for using 7.2v flat battery pack to the above servos?

your comment n advise ppl

thanks
I use KO 2343 for steering, JR 9000T for throttle and I use 1400mah rx pack. I just finished a 45 minutes Main yesterday with it, so tons of juice.

Dom
Old 09-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Yes, everytime you change pinions, you'll have to loosen the motor and redo the mesh. I hope that's what you are asking for.

Dom
actually i was wandering if i need to change both gears for every spead. For example if i want to change the 1st spead ratio i need to change both spur and pinion or just one of them.

Antony
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default ROAR Region 11 Onroad Championship

Just a little race report.

Yesterday was Region 11 gas championship. Guys from Washington, Canada came down to race at Timezone raceway, the only permanent 1/8th onroad facility in PNW with grass infields.

I sat 2nd overall after round 1. Then due to family emergency, I was only able to run 1 more round and had to go, but middle of my round 2, rain hits and they called that heat. So while driving home, I only have 1 round in and everyone else will have 3 rounds already. I had 1 more chance to snatch TQ on Sunday from Mark Tveten in his ultra fast TM G4, and ultra hp MF Mega. Mark has been logging tons of practice hours on that track and has been fast during practice days. On Sunday morning, last round I was able to put an good setup together and snatch TQ by 5 secs, 16/5:05.

Main is to be a 45 min event. Guys are either gambling on 1 set of tires or do a tire change. Long story short. I lead from start to finish, did my tire change and successfully defended my regional title. Mike Ellis of Team Kyosho America also finished 2nd.

Dom
Old 09-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by antoine80
actually i was wandering if i need to change both gears for every spead. For example if i want to change the 1st spead ratio i need to change both spur and pinion or just one of them.

Antony
I've done changes before where I just changes 1st gear pinion, and not the spur. It works, however just make sure both 1st and 2nd gear mesh works out ok.

Dom
Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've done changes before where I just changes 1st gear pinion, and not the spur. It works, however just make sure both 1st and 2nd gear mesh works out ok.

Dom
OK. i think i got the point

antony
Old 09-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default race

Yesterday was Region 11 gas championship. Guys from Washington, Canada came down to race at Timezone raceway, the only permanent 1/8th onroad facility in PNW with grass infields.

I sat 2nd overall after round 1. Then due to family emergency, I was only able to run 1 more round and had to go, but middle of my round 2, rain hits and they called that heat. So while driving home, I only have 1 round in and everyone else will have 3 rounds already. I had 1 more chance to snatch TQ on Sunday from Mark Tveten in his ultra fast TM G4, and ultra hp MF Mega. Mark has been logging tons of practice hours on that track and has been fast during practice days. On Sunday morning, last round I was able to put an good setup together and snatch TQ by 5 secs, 16/5:05.

Main is to be a 45 min event. Guys are either gambling on 1 set of tires or do a tire change. Long story short. I lead from start to finish, did my tire change and successfully defended my regional title. Mike Ellis of Team Kyosho America also finished 2nd.

Dom
nice job guys region 12 is comming up next couple months here also
Old 09-18-2006, 08:35 AM
jag
Tech Master

Dom
Congrats Dom. Sounds like you ran a great race. Congrats to Mike as well. You guys are making us proud in the PNW.

I hope the "family emergency" was nothing serious.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:43 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Black_Widow
Hi ppl,

Wonder wat are the recommended mAh? 6v flat battery pack and charger to be use for this v-one rrr, i'm using futaba s9451 for both steerin n throttle max require is 4.8 - 6v.

Just curious, wat will the dmg impact for using 7.2v flat battery pack to the above servos?

your comment n advise ppl

thanks
I use the standard 6v sub C flat pak with 1400 mah with (2) 9451 servos. If you use 7.2v do you have to use a regulator?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
nice job guys region 12 is comming up next couple months here also
Good Luck at regional, William!

Dom
Old 09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Congrats Dom. Sounds like you ran a great race. Congrats to Mike as well. You guys are making us proud in the PNW.

I hope the "family emergency" was nothing serious.
Thanks Jim!

GF's little brother got knocked out during a football game, that kid plays defense lineman. Mild concussion, he'll be ok. Just that she is 4 weeks along now, you know how you have to be there for a pregnant woman? If I stayed for the remaining of the day, I might have to sleep at Ellis' house!

Dom

Last edited by litespeed-dom; 09-18-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default race

Good Luck at regional, William!

Dom
thanks ill be at the KYOSHO RACE THIS WEEK ALSO hope to race with you one day after your family is straight i know all about it
Old 09-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

just want to let anyone who is looking at the ebay listing for a rrr that is is NOT a rrr.... be aware, looks like a scam to me

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Nitro-1-1...em140028529191
Old 09-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats to Dom and Mike on their 1st and 2nd place finish.

Will! Bring it home! You know you can do it! R/C Pro Series race #4 was a preview of your full potential. Show 'em what you got bro! RRR all the way!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.