Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carkillaii
Im sorry guys im lookin for the o-rings that are used as a failsafe
Again, go down to your local Ace Hardware.... they have different sizes, strength o-rings up the ying yang!

Ace Hardware needs to pay me for promotion today! Wait, maybe I can get a sponsor from them!

Dom
Old 05-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Again, go down to your local Ace Hardware.... they have different sizes, strength o-rings up the ying yang!

Ace Hardware needs to pay me for promotion today! Wait, maybe I can get a sponsor from them!

Dom
lol thanks Dom
Old 05-17-2006, 11:11 PM
AHP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trust bearing grease

Hi all experts, please tell me what oil is being placed on the trust bearing as all of them seems to disappear after a round! In addition, what is the usual shimming gap for the inside and outside of the clutch bell? Thanks for advice in advance. Have you guys heard on RRR EVO? Heard it will hit Japan in June...
Old 05-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

As far as grease for the thrust bearing goes, a lot of people uses Mugen thrust grease. I personally use a white teflon-based grease made by Racer's Choice. It's been working flawlessly for me.

Dom
Old 05-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AHP
Hi all experts, please tell me what oil is being placed on the trust bearing as all of them seems to disappear after a round! In addition, what is the usual shimming gap for the inside and outside of the clutch bell? Thanks for advice in advance. Have you guys heard on RRR EVO? Heard it will hit Japan in June...
mugen super grease is the one mugen make for this application, and as for experts, theres no such thing because no 1 person knows everything, we all are constantly learning
Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AHP
I use Tamiya AW Grease. It's sticky so it doesn't get flung out of the bearing plus it does what it says: "Anti Wear". I actually use it for a lot of things like the front and rear outdrives and universal joints.I used to use Super Joiunt grease from Mugen but it's too thin to stay on for very long.

As far as shimming goes, each motor is usually different. That's just one thing that requires time and trial and error to get the right shimming. After you do it -a few times, it comes naturally.

-Just add shims behind the bearing till the bell doesn't drag when you spin it crankshaft pointing up.

-To make sure it right, remove one shim and spin test it again.

-If it drags then it's the right number of shims and you can put it back.

-If it doesn't then you used too many so take out a shim till it drags then add it back.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

super joint grease is different to super grease, i use both and super grease is the stickiest grease that i,ve come across so far, maybe there is a grease that is used in industry that is as thick and sticky, if not more so. most likely comes in larger packs for better value too! if anyone knows where some can be obtained, i'd be interested
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
super joint grease is different to super grease, i use both and super grease is the stickiest grease that i,ve come across so far, maybe there is a grease that is used in industry that is as thick and sticky, if not more so. most likely comes in larger packs for better value too! if anyone knows where some can be obtained, i'd be interested
It sounds a lot like AW Grease. Is it metallic gray?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
AHP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default trust bearing grease

Hi, all!!! thanks for the instant reply!!!!!!!! I am using the super grease but it seems like it all disappear after a while.... anyway thansk alot!!!! So have you guys heard on the RRR EVO???? this is a great thread!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
It sounds a lot like AW Grease. Is it metallic gray?
its a dark brown colour and very thick and sticky as the proverbial.........
a friend found some grease that is used at his work for the machinery that is much like this but i'll have to find out the name of it and let you guys know
if anyones interested
Old 05-18-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default shock oil

Hello again,

what oil do you use for shocks? i use the default oil that came with my kit (RRR), what is the difference in handling using thinner or hardest oil?

i change the rear differential oil from 30000 to 20000, i read the tip in the thred, now the car runs much better in the circuit i use to run

my main problem this moment is when i try to change car direction with a lot of spead, it seems like the fron side of the car doesn't "listen" very well.. and the car goes straight i tried to make the rear antiroll bar a bit hardest but it hasn't helped that much. any ideas?

antony
Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

RRR evo in action at Taiwan Now

http://www.team-titan.com.tw/femca/h...S/20050516.htm
Old 05-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by antoine80
my main problem this moment is when i try to change car direction with a lot of spead, it seems like the fron side of the car doesn't "listen" very well.. and the car goes straight i tried to make the rear antiroll bar a bit hardest but it hasn't helped that much. any ideas?

antony
your problem is the front side of the car, try changing with softer tires to get more bite as you don't have enough front traction that result the car understeer. If tires does not help either, you could try soften up the shock by lowering down the front shock position, also try adjusting you front sway bar as well. Just do one adjustment at a time so you won't get confuse.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by luketob
your problem is the front side of the car, try changing with softer tires to get more bite as you don't have enough front traction that result the car understeer. If tires does not help either, you could try soften up the shock by lowering down the front shock position, also try adjusting you front sway bar as well. Just do one adjustment at a time so you won't get confuse.

Hope this helps.
Fron sway bar your mean the front antiroll bar.. i think everything is antiroll bar for me

i will try the changes during the weekend and tell you
Old 05-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maskedrider
Great photos!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.