Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mclarenwest
X5, you are still far better then me. I was leading in your invitational SIC 1/8 A-main (45mins) final for 35mins (2 laps lead) before my rear belt and pulley strips. My heart was shattered into pieces. What a race to forget..... But i have learn something. Not going to trust rear rubber belt for long finals.
Someone collided with you isn't it? That why your belt stripped, at least that was what i was told.

If i recall correctly, it was you who told me that i should change belts before every big race, but the master himself didn't follow his own beliefs. hahaha...

Anyway, you are a by far the fastest nitro driver in sg, congrats on your 1/10 win! 1/8 was also yours for the taking, just bad luck again.

Great FIRST showing of the MTX5 with just one day of practice with the new car before the race.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:32 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Michael_T
Snowy was at this race, and pretty sure he said he also stripped belts in the final (finishing dead last ).
Snowy and gang did really well, but also had problems in the finals, i thought it was the one way?! Was fun having the Aussies guys come all the way to support the race.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy

Originally Posted by X4
Someone collided with you isn't it? That why your belt stripped, at least that was what i was told.

If i recall correctly, it was you who told me that i should change belts before every big race, but the master himself didn't follow his own beliefs. hahaha...

Anyway, you are a by far the fastest nitro driver in sg, congrats on your 1/10 win! 1/8 was also yours for the taking, just bad luck again.

Great FIRST showing of the MTX5 with just one day of practice with the new car before the race.
I am using a brand new 1/8 car for this race.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know what the difference with the new brake pads are?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes, was a Very good event, Love the Singapore Layout.

Came in at 57 Fonts and 61 Rears. Couldn't of gone any longer was anticipating a 2nd tire change through out the race.
have to hand it to the Standard contact Rims ( the ease of taking them on and of compared to lightweight >.<) Couldn't of done it without X4 cheers Champ.

This was on 35 front 37 rear O.o? anyone else get this type of wear? or is it my driving?

Cheers Blake Young
Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoungGunz

Came in at 57 Fonts and 61 Rears. Couldn't of gone any longer was anticipating a 2nd tire change through out the race.
have to hand it to the Standard contact Rims ( the ease of taking them on and of compared to lightweight >.<) Couldn't of done it without X4 cheers Champ.

This was on 35 front 37 rear O.o? anyone else get this type of wear? or is it my driving?

Cheers Blake Young
Hey Blake! I think you got me confused with Daniel, i dun remember changing ur tyres. Hahaha... no worries though mate.

Normally in our club races, most of us would be on a totally new set of 35 front and rears and would change for another totally new set of 35s again around the midway mark (est 20-25 mins) for a 45 min main. The tyres would normally be around 63mm on the fronts and 69mm on the rears after that.

hope to see you guys again next year!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cheers Blake Young
Originally Posted by X4
Hey Blake! I think you got me confused with Daniel, i dun remember changing ur tyres. Hahaha... no worries though mate.

Normally in our club races, most of us would be on a totally new set of 35 front and rears and would change for another totally new set of 35s again around the midway mark (est 20-25 mins) for a 45 min main. The tyres would normally be around 63mm on the fronts and 69mm on the rears after that.

hope to see you guys again next year!
Oops.. haha..

Hey Blake, I believe you trued your tires? I think your starting size were good for qualifyings..

Because our track is alittle abrasive, we normally run new sets as X4 says.

Daniel
Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Parts seel off

For anyone going to the ROAR Nats next week in Ct.
I will be selling all my Mugen MRX4 AND MRX5 Parts for 50-60% off list price.
the more you buy the larger the discount !!!!
See ya at the race

I will be at the track on Wed. AM

Jim Rice
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Parts sell off

For anyone going to the ROAR Nats next week in Ct.
I will be selling all my Mugen MRX4 AND MRX5 Parts for 50-60% off list price.
the more you buy the larger the discount !!!!
See ya at the race

I will be at the track on Wed. AM

Jim Rice
Old 09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Initiate

yere my bad. Got you confused all good. Cheers daniel.

I started around 75 rear 68 front But the mugen Likes Big tyres unlike my old kyosho.

by the 40th minute i couldnt get around the sweeper properly, But id rather run worn out contacts then GRP's

Just disappointing, my first podium and i didnt get to stand up there would of liked that. Worst thing was my boss said i can have the day of when i got back . haha

and def Sign me up for next year. want the early bird special.

Now to test these OS . speeds From ToyKar. and to make more carbon fiber Wings and Body mount braces

Btw anyone know were to buy Carbon fiber Body stiffeners?
and is there a fuel gun out there that doesn't leak.. i have a KM Racing and Xceed Gun .my old man complains about his equipment ( excuse for slow pit stops)

Damn i wright to much

Cheers Blake
Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

yere my bad. Got you confused all good. Cheers daniel.

I started around 75 rear 68 front But the mugen Likes Big tyres unlike my old kyosho.

by the 40th minute i couldnt get around the sweeper properly, But id rather run worn out contacts then GRP's

Just disappointing, my first podium and i didnt get to stand up there would of liked that. Worst thing was my boss said i can have the day of when i got back . haha

and def Sign me up for next year. want the early bird special.

Now to test these OS . speeds From ToyKar. and to make more carbon fiber Wings and Body mount braces

Btw anyone know were to buy Carbon fiber Body stiffeners?
and is there a fuel gun out there that doesn't leak.. i have a KM Racing and Xceed Gun .my old man complains about his equipment ( excuse for slow pit stops)

Damn i wright to much

Cheers Blake
I like those carbon wings and stiffeners.. But Duno where to get them

I think the guns you mentioned are the same.. Just change the o- rings in them and it be fine.

Last time the RB guns are good but expensive.. I got a good deal off a mate on a nova gun but really it's the same as the KMs and the xceeds.. :/
Old 09-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I make my own Wings and sell em haha had to get the carbon shipped from Uk then to usa then back to UK then to australia so not cheap..
but sold a couple for $20 Helps in crashes and high speed integrity using lightweight bodys. and Looks Mad

The guns are Brand new. i seem to work them fine O.O just my pit man.

and damn your fast at replying

just purchased. lightweight Flywheel, lightweight Clutch Bell, lightweight oneway shafts, lightweight 1st gear mount. need to find a titanium Handle for my car. and can you buy titanium Universals for the back? iv seen dog bones no uni's
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking

I make my own Wings and sell em haha had to get the carbon shipped from Uk then to usa then back to UK then to australia so not cheap..
but sold a couple for $20 Helps in crashes and high speed integrity using lightweight bodys. and Looks Mad

just purchased. lightweight Flywheel, lightweight Clutch Bell, lightweight oneway shafts, lightweight 1st gear mount. need to find a titanium Handle for my car. and can you buy titanium Universals for the back? iv seen dog bones no uni's
Wow, you are a RC Tech junkie now. Posting all over tbe place now. Lol

Good to see you finally had a great result. It was long overdue.

I have your 2 x OS Speed engines with me. It will cost you a set of those carbon mounts for the shipping.

See you on Sunday.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy
Wow, you are a RC Tech junkie now. Posting all over tbe place now. Lol

Good to see you finally had a great result. It was long overdue.

I have your 2 x OS Speed engines with me. It will cost you a set of those carbon mounts for the shipping.

See you on Sunday.
+1 Blake,

I will also grab some of hose carbon mounts if you have some
Old 09-16-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Elite

Shoot me a PM regarding those carbon stuffs..

The 5 doesn't need all this lightweight stuff.. Best keep
It stock.. That's my opinion thou... The thing to get is the new clutch!
They are good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.